msg 5/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahlis

Babyface
this was the first time i had ever gone to a u2 show all alone. i saw the new 'star wars' film at loews 34th prior to the show and arrived at msg around 8:30.

the place was half empty. it took only a few seconds to realize why-- the kings of leon were on stage. in my opinion they were absolutely dreadful. it was blaring and screeching. (i did manage to recognize the volkswagon commercial song even though it was a very bad version of it.)

u2 didn't start the 'everyone' song until 9:21. they then played COBL which was really amazing with the lights and all. the show itself was really good.

after the show it took forever to get down the stairs and out of the building. i needed to get to grand central station. to catch the uptown subway you need to cross the street (sbarro's). the shuttle does not run after midnight, so you must take the 7 for two stops. many people who had been to the show had to run in order to catch the 12:22 train home. i just made it.

while on the train i realized that i was not the only u2 fan who had gone to the show alone. what a shame we couldn't have used these forums and gotten together pre/post show! my sister is going with me in october, so i think that experience will be better for me. i think we'll just walk to GCT instead of wasting time waiting for subways.

Last edited:
Good for you sarahlis! I've been to 2 Vertigo shows by myself so far. The second one in particular was a blast as I met many people there and made new friends. Alone or with somebody who appreciates U2, the concerts are a blast! :wink:

well done you, i mite go to chicago by myself for my 22nd birthday in sept, would love to see the show on my birthday, just not sure how ill afford it as i live in england :lol:

glad you enjoyed the show and lucky that u made you train :wink:

Back
Top Bottom