Milwaukee was phenomenal! One of the best days of my life!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzannern2321

The Fly
Hello everyone. I am so excited to share my experiences. I hope that this forum is the place to do it since I have reviews, pics, and was lucky enough to meet the boys!!! My GA tickets which cost $325 on ebay/pair could not have made me luckier! Yes, waited out in the rain for 12 hours, but wouldn't change a thing! First of all, Milwaukee people are so incrediby nice. Everyone I met were so great! Waited in the rain and decided to look out for the band around 1:45. I waited for 2 hours (yes, it was still pooring!) The security guard claimed they wouldn't come out to meet fans since it was raining. Sure enough, Bono came first. He was so incredibly nice. Stopped and greeted everyone waiting, but didn't really sign autographs. I shook Bono's hand and said, "Please don't get sick!" ... I was so in awe, I couldn't think of what to say! Shortly after, Edge came out, too!!! He was incredibly nice and I shook his hand, too, and he stopped to sign my Vertigo cd cover. Unfortunately, it was POURING and my cover had gotten very damp. He tried to sign with the first pen, it didn't work. I gave him a second one to use. He said, "I'm so sorry. It's so wet, it's not working very well." I said, "That's okay, Edge. You tried!!!" I happily have a few markings on my cd cover with the letter "E" and a few scratches from an attempted signing, but I know the real truth behind the marks. After meeting the two Rockstars I started to walk back to my car with my husband and balled my eyes out!!!! I couldn't stop crying. I was so happy!!!:love: :love: :love: I called everyone I could to tell them how lucky I was!!! I was already overwhelmed with emotion... And then, I even got luckier!!!!

After 12 hours in the rain, we finally were let in at the Bradley Center. I went before my husband. We were number 38 and 39, though the other lines were moving a bit faster and I was nervous! Finally I got through, my ticket scanned "Vertigo Vertigo Vertigo!" and I grabbed my husband's hand and charged to the concert mainfloor. It wasn't until we got to the security guard when I realized, I forgot to go to the 2nd table to get the additional wristband!!! Had to run back, be banded, and proceeded to the front row of the Bomb Shelter in front of Adam!!! We were so amazingly close. Just a little more than an armslength away! The whole band and every track was AMAZING!!! Bono was in rare form and seeing the band so close up rocked my world! Adam is absolutely adorable!!! He has so much personality and winked at me and made eye contact with me and the crowd and was such a cutie! The songs were absolutely to die for! My 3rd show in a week and my first General Admission experience in my life. I am floating on cloud 9 and have pics to prove my fortune!!! I am one of the luckiest fans out there 'cause I met the band and had front row for a kick ass concert!!! I'm even more in love with the band now!!! Enjoy my pics!!! :wink: Please use them only for your personal enjoyment. Thanks!

http://photobucket.com/albums/b206/suz4u2/U2 SEPTEMBER 25 2005 BRADLEY CENTER/

Great concert! I was there too. My brother and I were 63 and 64. The rain sucked but getting into the elipse made it a worth it. Great pics!

Too bad all those GA people coming late almost ruined it for the rest of us. I can't believe they called in the cops. Oh well...it all worked out in the end.

WoW!!! GREAT PICS!:drool:

Especially the one where Adam is reaching down to grab someone's hand. very cool!

CONGRATS ON MEETING THE BOYS!!:happy: :applaud:

I met them too back in April. It was worlds colliding, surreal moment in my life! I am already a crazy u2 fanatic but now after that I am even more hooked. If that is possible...

Just remember don't ever get off that cloud 9! I am still up there and plan on making it a permanent place to be.:wink:

Adam was so amazingly adorable. I loved it when he winked at me!!! He was watching us to see how we were enjoying his brilliance. I have an absolute new adoration for Adam!!! Glad you're enjoying!!!:wink:

Those are some of the clearest close ups and action shots of U2 so far this tour!

Your pics are absolutely beautiful.

I love the close ups of Bono and Edge greeting the crowd outside the Bradley Center but I also love your concert shots.

I also vote for the one of Adam shaking hands with the crowd as a keeper. :yes:

I wanted to give Adam a hug during the concert. He was so adorable and so personable... Just the expressions in his face told me about his love for music and for his fans. Plus his winking at me made me blush as well!:heart: :hug: :love:

I waited outside in the rain too and it was sooooo worth it :yes:
I also got to shake the hands of Edge and Bono and am still floating from it. :)
Your pics are AMAZING! Great story!

suz4u2 said:
I wanted to give Adam a hug during the concert. He was so adorable and so personable... Just the expressions in his face told me about his love for music and for his fans. Plus his winking at me made me blush as well!:heart: :hug: :love:

I was a few rows back from you and could see him interacting with you the WHOLE SHOW!! I thought, boy Adam is really loving someone up there in the front row!!

Adam is really not holding back on giving the ladies some love :drool:

Beautiful pictures too! :hyper:

Hey, congrats on getting into the ellipse. I believe me and my girlfriend were talking to you and your husband for some time while we were waiting for the boys to come out. We were the ones from Madison, I was going to loan you my silver sharpie. I ended up getting Edge to sign my Rattle & Hum album, in fact, that may be the picture you have of him handing it back to me! We weren't lucky enough to get into the ellipse, but we were in the very front of the ellipse. The girl Bono picked out of the crowd during With Or Without You was right next to us. I have some super close up pics, they look professional! I'm not sure how to post them like you did, but email me and I'll email them to you if you'd like them. Dpswan@hotmail.com. -Dan

suz4u2 said:
Hello everyone. I am so excited to share my experiences. I hope that this forum is the place to do it since I have reviews, pics, and was lucky enough to meet the boys!!! My GA tickets which cost $325 on ebay/pair could not have made me luckier! Yes, waited out in the rain for 12 hours, but wouldn't change a thing! First of all, Milwaukee people are so incrediby nice. Everyone I met were so great! Waited in the rain and decided to look out for the band around 1:45. I waited for 2 hours (yes, it was still pooring!) The security guard claimed they wouldn't come out to meet fans since it was raining. Sure enough, Bono came first. He was so incredibly nice. Stopped and greeted everyone waiting, but didn't really sign autographs. I shook Bono's hand and said, "Please don't get sick!" ... I was so in awe, I couldn't think of what to say! Shortly after, Edge came out, too!!! He was incredibly nice and I shook his hand, too, and he stopped to sign my Vertigo cd cover. Unfortunately, it was POURING and my cover had gotten very damp. He tried to sign with the first pen, it didn't work. I gave him a second one to use. He said, "I'm so sorry. It's so wet, it's not working very well." I said, "That's okay, Edge. You tried!!!" I happily have a few markings on my cd cover with the letter "E" and a few scratches from an attempted signing, but I know the real truth behind the marks. After meeting the two Rockstars I started to walk back to my car with my husband and balled my eyes out!!!! I couldn't stop crying. I was so happy!!!:love: :love: :love: I called everyone I could to tell them how lucky I was!!! I was already overwhelmed with emotion... And then, I even got luckier!!!!

After 12 hours in the rain, we finally were let in at the Bradley Center. I went before my husband. We were number 38 and 39, though the other lines were moving a bit faster and I was nervous! Finally I got through, my ticket scanned "Vertigo Vertigo Vertigo!" and I grabbed my husband's hand and charged to the concert mainfloor. It wasn't until we got to the security guard when I realized, I forgot to go to the 2nd table to get the additional wristband!!! Had to run back, be banded, and proceeded to the front row of the Bomb Shelter in front of Adam!!! We were so amazingly close. Just a little more than an armslength away! The whole band and every track was AMAZING!!! Bono was in rare form and seeing the band so close up rocked my world! Adam is absolutely adorable!!! He has so much personality and winked at me and made eye contact with me and the crowd and was such a cutie! The songs were absolutely to die for! My 3rd show in a week and my first General Admission experience in my life. I am floating on cloud 9 and have pics to prove my fortune!!! I am one of the luckiest fans out there 'cause I met the band and had front row for a kick ass concert!!! I'm even more in love with the band now!!! Enjoy my pics!!! :wink: Please use them only for your personal enjoyment. Thanks!

http://photobucket.com/albums/b206/suz4u2/U2 SEPTEMBER 25 2005 BRADLEY CENTER/

We were next to you in line waiting to meet the band! You were talking to a girl and her boyfriend most of the afternoon. My group was right next to you (I was wearing a green Ireland hoodie). Thanks for sharing your pictures!

suz4u2 said:
Yes Miroslava, but we already know about the love BONO gave to you in Chicago, you lucky girl!!!! I witnessed it!!!

I'm just sayin' that Mr. Clayton has been an excellent flirt this year, that's all :wink:

Hey Suz, we were standing with you in line all day! My buddy and I were right in front of you during the lineup (28 and 29). I was the guy John was talking about the phones with.

Great pics. Saw you guys got in the Elipse with a few of the other early comers! LUCKY! :drool:

Hi!!!:wave: How are you? Can you remind me of your first name please? I'm so excited how many people have already replied to us meeting that day! It's so cool how many Interference members were at the show. Where were you situated during the concert? I'm sure you had a great time, as well. So glad to have talked with so many nice people while waiting in line. I'll never forget such a great day. Feel free to save any pics, if you'd like, since it's from OUR concert! Hope you had a kick ass time, too!!! I'm sure you did! What a concert! Stay in touch!!!:wink:

Names...we have names? :wink:

I was Neil (blonde, red poncho, i talked with john a lot throughout the day, with the Popmartian t-shirt on).

We were dead center at the tip of the elipse against the railing. It was incredible. Two of the 3 girls John covered with his poncho in the line were with us (Melissa and *oops the other one is escaping me right now*) The 3rd got clausterphobic before the show and had to move to the back. It didn't help that some drunk jerk was virtually molesting them from behind.

Next to actually getting into the elipse they were probably the best spots in the house. Caught one of the drumsticks Bono threw down at the end of Love and Peace. Hmmm...now how do you get a drumstick autographed and mounted! :D

Neil, how cool that you caught that drumstick! That should be treasured from the hands of a Rock God!!! You'll have to wait for Bono in the pouring rain for 2 hours like we did, and remind him that he forgot to sign the drumsticks before throwing them down to you!!! :wink: That drum solo is phenomenal and would totally give me chills if I were in front of Bono when he played the drums! Those 3 girls were very nice girls. They did expose themselves most of the day so I am not surprised that some guy was throwing himself at them. The 2 sisters were very cute. Especially the girl in the white outfit (hence, the attempted molestation!) I think they just wanted attention from Bono which I don't blame them at all at the attempt (to lure Bono!). Curious, which girl got claustrophic? The chubbier blond or one of the 2 sisters? They were all cute in there own way and it was nice talking with them. Every minute of all the rain we experienced was truly worth our final day. I will NEVER forget it! Thanks for sharing your experience, too!!! :rockon:

hehehe...the chubbier :rolleyes: (your words not mine!!!) one had to bolt. the girl in the white was indeed the one getting molested, but she was excited as hell about the experience. the one in green is the one that ended up standing next to me, she was really nice, we talked pretty much the whole time leading up to the show.

i've got st. louis tix in dec so i'm thinking of camping out by an entrance to see if i can get bono to sign the stick! then mount it in a shadow box with my tik from the milwaulkee show.

i'm in so much withdrawl this week...i'm thinkin maybe ny or detroit would do the trick. :wink:

Ha! I don't know why it is a bit funny that girl got claustrophobic. I do feel really bad... But they waited all day, were right in back of us, kept getting ready in the mirror all day checking themselves out... changing their outfits, etc. I hope it didn't ruin it for the other girls since they waited all day, too.:wink: I wish you the best with getting your drumstick signed in the upcoming show. I still can't come down from cloud nine and dream about my incredible experience and how freakin' lucky I am to have met Bono and Edge and then get front row in front of the stage and it was my first GA concert! I still have chills dreaming about that day and hope I can someday be as lucky again to be so near to these incredible musicians I've come to worship.:bow: I am not kidding. My husband had a great time, too... but I don't want to drive him crazy about talking about U2. He's a great sport listening to my blabbing! Happily, I have wonderful memories of our day... I wish you a blast in your future GA endeavors! Maybe I'll see you inline some day again!!! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom