MERGED --> Wanna thank the tailgating fans in Philly + My Stereo in the Phila Lot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jag0918

Refugee
Wanna thank the tailgating fans in Philadelphia for last night

Yes, Im the guy that had his 200 watt home stereo in the parking lot cranked and lit up half the parking lot last night. I just wanted to thank the tailgaters that let me do it and enjoyed the music.
I'll be back next Sunday, same time, same place ya'll!!!

there were a couple in the parking lot, but I might have been right near you.

I was wearing a Yankees hat to the back and a Zeppelin shirt.

If that was you next to us, thanks for the great sounds. I also want to thank some of the tailgaters out there for giving me all those beers :up:

GREAT fans in Philly. I met some of the coolest people in GA last night, and while doing my best to tailgate in line. An amazing night all around!

Re: Wanna thank the tailgating fans in Philadelphia for last night

jag0918 said:
Yes, Im the guy that had his 200 watt home stereo in the parking lot cranked and lit up half the parking lot last night. I just wanted to thank the tailgaters that let me do it and enjoyed the music.
I'll be back next Sunday, same time, same place ya'll!!!

Were you the guy parked in the section that's closest to I-95 who had those two enormous speakers on black milk crates? If so I had to turn my radio off because of you...and gladly. That kicked more ass than either of us could believe.

Tailgating? What, that never occurred to me. Was this during the night of the 13th, before the GA line was started, or the night of the 14th (right before the show).

I'm trying to find info about the GA line in Philly since I will be at the 5/22 show. :wink:

My Stereo In The Phila Parking Lot

I had my 200 watt home stereo booming and taking out half of the parking lot in Philly last night. A lot of people seemed to really appreciated it.....I wanted to take a poll to see if anyone was there to witness this and if I should do it again?

Yes that was me, but I moved the setup towards the middle closer to the Each, should I do this Sunday? Im considering it.

wydok said:
I'm trying to find info about the GA line in Philly since I will be at the 5/22 show. :wink: [/B]

My sister and I arrived at 11:35 and were numbers 180 and 181. We ended up getting into the ellipse in the second row. There was a really sweet girl, who was shorter than me, in front of me so it was like I was on the rail. It was my first U2 show. The view was incredible. Good luck.

Re: My Stereo In The Phila Parking Lot

jag0918 said:
I had my 200 watt home stereo booming and taking out half of the parking lot in Philly last night. A lot of people seemed to really appreciated it.....I wanted to take a poll to see if anyone was there to witness this and if I should do it again?

Hey I wasnt there. I will be there on Sunday. Every Eagles game I tailgate for the same guy blasts off for hours before the game. I love it.

Some random guy tried to sell me cocaine in the parking lot while I was wandering around looking for water at about 5:00. :huh:

I saw some black dudes trying to sell drugs, then asking me for $5 to buy a beer....I really really hate that shit

its scary how much they look alike. at a glance they are indentical. i saw him yesterday and noticed they dressed alike but even the facial features are almost identical when looking at the pictures online.

The link I posted shows pictures of the U2 tribute band (UF) and tailgating pics.....dont get them mixed up!
Tony, the singer of UF is a spitting image of Bono. There is one picture of him from tailgating with my friend Bill.
Im the tall drunken one with the straw hat....lol But Im sure you all knew that.
Ive seen UF many times and they are a real treat to watch.
Their website is www.uf2.com

Back
Top Bottom