MERGED-->Pictures Added To Gallery From Seattle1 24 April + All Because Of A Tshirt!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crissyboi

Babyface
Pictures Added To Gallery From Seattle ! 24 April

hey i posted some pics on net includin me on stage with bono!! some r awesome n i have loads more i will post eventually ok!! cant wait to see them im portland nyc and london this summer n winter!!

Where are the pics with you on stage? I tried browsing the 21 pages, but didn't see any with audience members except for the guy wearing the 'Me Me Me' shirt...

is this you?

36669U2_Key_4_24_05_202_-med.jpg

??

please post more! i love seeing pics of fans onstage... and Congratulations! :)

was it during 'mysterious ways'?

That's the reason he pulled me on stage!! He was askin what singers do2warm up!! He pulled me up talked about singers warmin up then knealt down n kissed my hand and took me back to my place in front row!!

All Because Of A Tshirt! Fan Experience Seattle 1

Its now been over 24hrs since u2 and I'm safely back at my friends house in portland oregon after what was to be one of the best days of my life. I work for mtv in new york and had managed to get 6 tickets for myself n my friends in portland who r huge huge u2 fans compliments of the tour sponsors. We had all had early night on saturday cos we wanted to get up early for the road trip to seattle.

Well it was7am and we were about to leave when 2 of our group called to say they were throwin up everywhere and they couldn't come. They happened to be the 2 people we had originally got the tickets for and I was like oh my god. Well sfter scramblin2find 2 friends who would actually be interested in u2 like we were and would answer the fone at 8am on sunday we managed to get our group together n leave.

We arrived in seattle at about 1.30 and headed to the arena. We went to the line and got numbers tattooed on our hands numbers 249thru254 and joined the line. 5hours of sitiin on the boilin concrete seemed like hell but the time actually passed really quickly and we made some cool friends while passin time playin cards with other people in line. The sun kinda moved away to which was good as I was startin2fry like hell!! Well at 6.30ish the line moved and we headed to the doors to get wristbands in double file. We got to the table where u get ur wristband and ticket scanned to see if u get ellipse wristband too. Well while outside we had heard it was 1 in8chance of gettin a ellipse band so I hung back n let people pass after watchin an elipse pass be given out. I got to the scanner and it said move to floor. Damn it I didn't win. My friend amy behind me who was one of the friends who would never have been there hadn't others got sick stepped up and it flashed vertigo WINNER! She said she wanted me to go there and didn't want to be there without her bf who also came with us so she gave me and my best friend eric who loves u2 the ellipse wristbands. We were so excited. We headed over to the ellipse after gettin2nd purple wristband. Evryone was congregated kinda in the centre forming about 3 rows but on the right side there was nobody but a few very spaced out people at the barrier so we moved and positioned ourselves there.

Well we were in the most awesome spot I could have imagined and looking around the arena at the position we had I was so excited. I had seen u2 when I was 10 in london n now I'm 21 it had been a long time! We got aquainted with some of the cool people around us and settled into our spots for the night! There was no way I was gonna budge! The kings of leon kinda sucked- they had major sound problems n spent the entire set between songs cursin n lookin totally pissed off. After a brief set change and some background music it was time for u2. The lights went down and the openin chords to love and peace or else rang out. I was jumpin up and down clappin like a excited 5 yr old as the members of u2 started circling the arena with huge spotlights

The sound was awesome and although bono and larry were kinda far away for most of the song out on the ramp it was awesome. My excitement was even more elevated when vertigo started I love the song and I was goin crazy. Bono walked over to our side of the stage at one point n he noticed my shirt and mouthed I like it. I turned to my friends in utter disbelief and we were like oh my god! I thought that would be the best thing to happen to me that night but I was soooooo wrong........ Best was yet to come.

ooops!!! sorry, dude... i guess i just assumed that you were a chick- thought your name was crissy!

anyway, cool story! saw the "me me me" pics... very nice!

Sorry I'm writing this on my sidekick fone so I'm bein a little slow!!(the pictures I posted r also from the sidekick!!)

After vertigo came elevation which happens to be not one of my favorite u2 songs but it will be one of them now(explanation follows). The crowd were pretty into this singin wooooo oooooo wqooooooo ooooooo and I was one of them. Towards the end of the song bono was coming to our side of the stage and I was waving my fone takin pictures and singin along when bono started askin "WHAT DOES A SINGER SAY TO WARM UP?" I Didn't twig he was talking to me and at 1st I thought he was sayin somethin to someone behind me. Bono repeated what he had said and held out his microphone. I still didn't twig what he was asking me until he reached towards me and a huge burly security guard started to pull me over the barrier towards bono. I was in shock as bono grabbed my hand and helped me to the stage. I was on my hands and knees and it was not the most graceful of stage entrances. Bono helped me to my feet and repeated his question. It was at that point I twigged in my head what he meant. I was wearin a bright red tshirt that said in white letters that decreased in size sayin ME ME ME!! I was still in shock n awe as he repeated his question and put his arm around me. I nervously mumbled me me me and he said it again. I just stared at him and took it all in. It was then he did somethin I will never ever forget. He knelt down on bended knee and held out his hand. I took it he kissed my hand and thanked me. I managed to mumble "no thank you" but it was so quiet I don't think he heard me. He got up walked me back to the spot he had got me up from and the burly guard placed me back in my spot at the front ofthe ellipse. My friend and everyone around me were screaming and peoe were patting me on the back and sayin congratulations. I was still in awe and so dazed I was starin at Bono with a tear in my eyes. I turned to my friend and screamed "oh my god oh my god" I could not believe what had just happened. It was like a minute but it seemed to last forever. All because I wore the tshirt n I was not gonna wear it. I am writin this n I still can't believe it. Elevation ended and my experience gave me such a high I was never gonna come down from. For the rest of the concert I was soooooooo high as I joined the crowd salutin the amazing concert u2 were giving. By the time the encore came I didn't want it to end but I saluted u2 as it was the best concert I had ever been to in my life and workin for mtv I've been to a lot.

After the show ended and we were makin our way to findin our friends people were comin up2me sayin hey good job man n hey its me me me guy. I was still so high n unable to take it in. I didn't know what to do or say. That tshirt got me a experience I can and will never ever forget and it will be forever somethin I cherish along with u2s music!! Pictures imyself and eric took took can be found in seattle gallery take a look n tell me what you think!!

More pictures to be posted soon btw if anyone has any pics of my stage debut please let me know!! That would be awesome n we will trade our best pics for them!!!

Ok, so did Bono get 2 fans on stage on the 24th April then :)
So so so lucky!!!!!!

Let it be me in Manchester lol - :)

Lisa

Great, great story!!

ME
ME
ME

:wink:

Merged your threads so people can figure out exactly what happened

:wave:

I was standing about 5 people down from you to the left--great story. You looked so f'in happy up on that stage!!!!

That was an awesome moment - right on Crissyboi!

If anyone has photos from inside the ellipse, (to the back on Adam's side), please post or send me some!!! I was on the outside rail there where Bono was cat prowling (my camera didn't work right then :sad: ) and often stopped.

I'm the one with the light blue tank top w/sequins, brown hair, going crazy or singing along, wedged between 2 big guys and had the "Moves in Mysterious Ways" sign during Zoo Station. Bono stopped to sing it to me for a while and I need photos if you've got 'em!!! :drool:

u2girlcj said:
That was an awesome moment - right on Crissyboi!

If anyone has photos from inside the ellipse, (to the back on Adam's side), please post or send me some!!! I was on the outside rail there where Bono was cat prowling (my camera didn't work right then :sad: ) and often stopped.

I'm the one with the light blue tank top w/sequins, brown hair, going crazy or singing along, wedged between 2 big guys and had the "Moves in Mysterious Ways" sign during Zoo Station. Bono stopped to sing it to me for a while and I need photos if you've got 'em!!! :drool:

I was just outside the elispe on Adam's side. I posted some pics of the band in the U2 tour photos section. You might be interested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom