MERGED --> is it possible? + Tips for meeting the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anapigna

Babyface
is it possible?

Hi every one I’m new to this forum stuff so bare with me, I was wondering if any one knows if its possible to see the band arrive or leave the venue or do they come and go through like a special VIP entrance out of view to the public. By the way I’m not expecting to meet them like this just wondering if it is possible to catch a glance of them walking from there car into the venue thanks,
by the way I love reading every ones post, I’m like totally computer impaired so this is the first forum I’ve ever been on it’s nice to know I’m not the only crazy fan out there :0)

:wave:

It is possible but I think it varies from venue to venue. I can't swear to it but I think they turn up at a venue any time from about 2pm onwards (depending on soundchecking and stuff)...there isn't any guarantee but its prob best to just find the entrance where all the other fans are gathered and ask ppl around if they've heard any news about when the band might turn up...then add about 40 mins to the time they're due cos bono's bound to be late ;)

I'm sure someone will be able to answer u'r questions better.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

Last edited:
They usually come in from the back of the arena, in black SUV's about 4pm - 7pm.

From my experience, anyway.

I've moved your thread to the Fan Experiences forum.. since most people that post in this forum have seen or met the band before the show and can probably share more details.

How does this work w/ a less traditional venue, like ooohh say, Madison Square Garden? I've only been a few times, but I don't really recall there being a particularly noticable area where they'd be expected to go in. Anyone have any luck in May? I'll be going to 3 shows in October, and I'd love to get my Joshua Tree LP signed. (Still bitter I missed Larry by all of 5 minutes at the RnRHoF induction)

tips for meeting the band?

Hey guys,

I'm new here, and I'll be seeing U2 for the first time in Milwaukee on 9/25! I'm so frickin' excited!

Anyway, for those of you who have managed to meet the boys, I was wondering if you could give me any tips?! I think I would die if I was in close proximity to Bono...he is my hero. Any advice is welcome and appreciated! I really want to make this concert a life-changing experience! :)

Love and peace or else,
Jana

Hey Jana :wave:
Most meetings happen when the band arrives for soundcheck. Stake out the stadium and ask security where they typically arrive--and you'll always find a crowd of people there who have probably already figured it out. They arrive for soundcheck in most cities between 2:30-4:30. If the crowd is unruly then they don't stop to sign stuff, but if people are orderly and don't surround the car then they will often come out. They don't stop if they are super late, and in my experience Edge and Bono are the most likely to come out.

Good luck!

Ruffian covered most of if, but also look for the loading dock or a gated entrance where the trucks come in - that's the entrance they usually use (but as Ruffian said, if you see a crowd of people, you're probably in the right place :) ). During the first leg, they usually arrived in black SUVs.

Good luck :).

Wow thanks every one so much you were all very helpful I am going to the Nov. 14th show at the AAA I will probably show up at like 1:30 and just look for the crowd and make myself comfy and hop to get lucky and see at least one of them get there, any way thanks agene for the help.

anapigna said:
Wow thanks every one so much you were all very helpful I am going to the Nov. 14th show at the AAA I will probably show up at like 1:30 and just look for the crowd and make myself comfy and hop to get lucky and see at least one of them get there, any way thanks agene for the help.

I hope you get lucky :) I'm going to 11/4 in Vegas and was wondering if they will stay where they're playing. There's a million hotels here and they could stay anywhere (saw Ozzy @ the Venetian after he played the Palms) MGM isn't a bad hotel so I wonder if they'd be there for convenience??

mabel said:
How does this work w/ a less traditional venue, like ooohh say, Madison Square Garden? I've only been a few times, but I don't really recall there being a particularly noticable area where they'd be expected to go in. Anyone have any luck in May? I'll be going to 3 shows in October, and I'd love to get my Joshua Tree LP signed. (Still bitter I missed Larry by all of 5 minutes at the RnRHoF induction)

Yeah, MSG's layout is really bad for them to stop and get out at, they drive in mid-block. I've waited for them at out of town venues but never at home at MSG. Haven't heard of them stopping before the show, although I have heard of them stopping on the way out after the show, but only if they stick around inside after the show - the couple of times I've heard of them stopping it was like after 1AM.

Just wanted to add my two cents, U2 came to my hometown and I found this thread randomly. I can honestly say, it works. Show up sometime in the afternoon (the magical time for me was about 4:40pm) and look for a group of people. I managed to stumble across coach buses and people by a loading gate, so it seemed like the right place. Five minutes later I was looking at Bono, Edge and Adam.

Back
Top Bottom