MERGED --> How was the view from behind the stage? Please post pics if you have them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlilaur86

The Fly
How was the view from behind the stage? Please post pics if you have them

Did anyone sit behind the stage or walk around and look out to see the view? I have behind the stage 3rd row seats and I was wondering whether the curtain really affected the view and how long it was up.

they must suck cause you have those damn light curtains coming down and blocking the view since they are all bright. Bono also didnt interact as much with them either. LIke ive stated in other posts, maybe it was cause the show is still fresh, but i hope he uses the catwalk more.. and he doesnt forget the people in the back.

madonna said:
they must suck cause you have those damn light curtains coming down and blocking the view since they are all bright. Bono also didnt interact as much with them either. LIke ive stated in other posts, maybe it was cause the show is still fresh, but i hope he uses the catwalk more.. and he doesnt forget the people in the back.

Wrong. View was just fine even with the curtains. Bono interacted plenty.

Not mine - but found on w w w.flickr.com/groups/atu2/pool

7797955e333681d697mh.jpg

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

more, please.....

What to say ? View was great, curtains weren't too much of an obstruction, Bono came around quite often, everyone back there had a great time. Plus the curtains are only on a few songs, and even then they rarely had ALL curtains down, sometimes it was only 2 or 3, sometimes all seven(?), but usually not all.

I had a blast, mediocre performance but LAPOE rocked something bad.

Mucca said:

those lights look like they'd block the view of people in the higher balcony :(

Boy does my spot in Philly (back corner on Edges side, 221A) look a lot sweeter after seeing THAT pic. :drool:

Mucca said:

the rig hangs lower at this arena because its smaller with a lower ceiling. The larger arenas the lighting rig will be a little higher. There may be some trouble seeing the tip of the elipse from certain rear stage seats, but you will be able to see most if not all of the stage from most vantage points.

Mucca said:

I might be wrong, but I think that this pic was taken between sets or before KOL. The lights were not a problem when I saw them on the last tour. The house lights are on, so I think the lights are just lowered. If you look at the other pic, they are not there.

I was 6 rows back behind the stage. It was my first U2 show so I probably would be blown away no matter where I was in the arena. That said behind they stage was amazing. Had a better view then most of the arena. The light strands do not block the view very much at all. I could see Bono clear on the other end of the catwalk. Obviously you miss out on some what goes on back there. But Bono came back a few times and Edge and Larry would turn around every now and then. Edges keyboard is at the back of the stage as well. Heres some pics I took from back there. Sorry they are so blurry, I was an idiot and forgot to charge the batteries before I came so it was hard to get a steady shot.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

That last one is Kings of Leon but its the clearest picture as it was before the batteries crapped out.

Looks like you can see pretty decently through the light curtain.

Thanks for all the info. My sis and I are going to the 2 Phoenix(this is where she lives)and 2 San Jose shows and we have behind-stage seating for 3 of the 4 shows. Seeing all these pics and reading the reviews have both of us really excited to see the shows.

Yea!!! Thanks so much for the pix, I feel so much better about our seats now. Still trying for in front of the stage in Chicago, hoping for a Ticketmaster last-minute miracle.

Thanks for the pictures. They are beautiful!
I cannot wait to see the boys!
My seats are also behind the stage. :wink:

cbradfly1 said:
How about the sound back there?

SD arena is well known for crappy acoustics, so it's hard to tell if it was the PA or the arena, but it wasn't great.

I was behind stage for a Staples show last time around, and it was clear as day.

OK - I don't care about the view at all - what I do care about is the Sound! How is the sound from behind the stage??????

I went to a rolling stones concert and my tix were behind the stage and the sound S-U-C-K-E-D! It was muffled with reverb, etc. At times I couldn't even tell what song they were playing it was so bad - and I was low - I could almost make out the set list ont he clear teleprompter in front of the drummer.

Here's the deal, I have 4 tix - 2 which are excellent but behind the stage, the other 2 are opposite the stage but much higher up - Not the highest seats but certainly high enough. The behind the stage seats are not floor but on the first tier. The other seats are on the third tier - but it is an Arena so you can imagine.

I love U2 and would hate to sit behind the stage and not be able to enjoyt the music - the only reason for actually going!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Naomi
Miami

naomi said:
OK - I don't care about the view at all - what I do care about is the Sound! How is the sound from behind the stage??????

I went to a rolling stones concert and my tix were behind the stage and the sound S-U-C-K-E-D! It was muffled with reverb, etc. At times I couldn't even tell what song they were playing it was so bad - and I was low - I could almost make out the set list ont he clear teleprompter in front of the drummer.

Here's the deal, I have 4 tix - 2 which are excellent but behind the stage, the other 2 are opposite the stage but much higher up - Not the highest seats but certainly high enough. The behind the stage seats are not floor but on the first tier. The other seats are on the third tier - but it is an Arena so you can imagine.

I love U2 and would hate to sit behind the stage and not be able to enjoyt the music - the only reason for actually going!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Naomi
Miami

maybe if you didn't break up with adam in 1993 you'd have better seats now.

:wink:

I don't care if I'm behind the stage, it will be wonderful and incredible from anywhere in there.

Back
Top Bottom