MERGED --> How was the view from behind the stage? Please post pics if you have them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JOFO said:

maybe if you didn't break up with adam in 1993 you'd have better seats now.

:wink:

We didn't break up in '93 - it was more like 97/98....

But I'd love to catch-up if you happen to know how I can get in touch with him :flirt:

boy, i am glad that i am sitting in the lower section behind the stage for chicago... that view looks awesome
:drool:

I know. They do look awesome but I am just worried about the sound. The speakers typical project out to the crowd, not behind the stage

People behind the stage in SD--how were your seats?

I've been hearing about this light/curtain thing, so I was wondering...people with seats behind the stage, was your view obstructed at all by it?

Since the stage setup is so close to Elevation, and I've heard praise for behind the stage seats from that tour, I'm hoping the experience will be the same this time around.

I have behind the stage for Philly...so give me some good news, please! LOL

Hmm...was anyone up on the second level in SD? I have Sec. 219 for Philly I...row 11. I believe that's pretty high up, but seeing from these pics, shouldn't be too bad of a vantage point.

But I'm in the building! That's what matters!

Look through old posts, I posted the same message awhile back. There's a couple pics behind the stage too, it may give you an idea of what your view will look like

Ok this thread pretty clearly outlines the experience behind the stage from good seats.

So what about third tier seats? Balcony, back and to the left. Will we have any hope of seeing the band, or will it be all light curtains and lighting rigs for us?

THANKS!!! Still stoked for my first concert ever to be U2, Vancouver, Apr 29!

Mike

Hello all! I'm going to the the April 6th Staples show with seats 6 rows behind the stage. Since it says "No Cameras" on the tickets, whats the best way to sneak in my Canan powershot digital camera? Any suggestions? Pending successful entry, I will post some of the results for you all to see! :wink:

Thanks charlilaur86, ....but I think a 27 year-old man with box-shaped breasts may look just a tad suspicious...Lol!

:wink:

How's the view from behind?

Can anyone from the SD shows or toninght's Anaheim show tell me how the show is from behind the stage? How's the sound? Do the light curtains get in the way?

I wasnt at the shows, but this question has been asked before.

Hear it is real good. The curtains dont get in the way that much and the seats are pretty good. As for the sound, I heard San diego arena has pretty bad sound quality, so it's hard to judge. But people have said the sound from the back is fine as well.

Wow, great pics. I'm feeling better about my behind the stage seats now.

I have second level seats, for SJ so, would be interesting to see how the view is from further up. I'm just glad I'll be there.

Hi everyone, this is my first post, just got out of lurkdom. redandblack, great shots, good work!! I got tickets for Montreal, in November and developping rashes I'm so excited after seing all those pictures!!! only 237 days, 8 hours and 27 minutes to go!!:huh: I'm sitting on Edge's side 3rd row, right at the side of the stage. I was wondering too if I'd be able to see anything. Thanks guys, I'm relieved now. I have another pair of tickets facing the stage but at the other end of the Elipse, I suppose I'm better off side stage, it's closer. Anyway, I have 237 days, 8 hours and 25 minutes to decide.
Cheers!:wink:
Las

I just pulled tickets from ticketmaster directly behind the stage 117 row 13 for the Chicago May 12th show (really didn't care where I was sitting really just want to go this show) but now am quite a bit more excited about the seats. Thanks to everyone for the information and pictures.

I also promise to take as many pictures as possible to return the favor:D

thanks for the link..Any more info from you all sitting behind the stage as the tour rolls along would be most appreciated!!

What about the sound? Help me out everyone. I have the option to get 4 tickets upper level right behind the stage (right behind larry). I might add its the 1st row of the upper level. Or I have the option to get 2 seats on the lower level behind Adam? The lower levels would cost me $40 more and we can only get 2 in one row and 2 in another, so we'll be sitting in seperate rows. So what do you guys think? Again, what about the sound.

zoopop said:
What about the sound? Help me out everyone. I have the option to get 4 tickets upper level right behind the stage (right behind larry). I might add its the 1st row of the upper level. Or I have the option to get 2 seats on the lower level behind Adam? The lower levels would cost me $40 more and we can only get 2 in one row and 2 in another, so we'll be sitting in seperate rows. So what do you guys think? Again, what about the sound.

The sound was average at best. View was great.

http://forum.interference.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/590

I was at LA1 last row of the Staples Center behind the stage. These are the seats that 2nd in line at a Ticketbastard outlet got me.

The screen below us didn't work right. And we couldn't see unless the band on stage. Bono didn't get to the back of the cat walk much (in comparision to other shows I've seen).

They made improvements to the sound quality at Staples. It wa better than I expected.

kelly213 said:
Thanks for the pics. I'll be about 20 rows behind the stage in NJ in May. I can't wait!!!!!

same here....I'm in section 115....I am looking forward to different perspectives on each of the shows I am seeing....I wanted to get a seat behind the stage at least once to see if Bono comes over behind the stage

I had behind the stage tickets for SJ2. Second level row 2 behind Larry. View was great. Still can't believe how close we were. Bono especially turned around a lot and gave us attention. I'll agree that the sound wasn't as great from behind. Totally wish I had brought my camera to show how great of a view was. Screen was working fine so, we could see what was going on.

I think it may have been just where we were sitting but, it seemed to take a while for the crowd to warm up. I wanted to get up and dance from the very start but, nobdy was up doing it. Finally I said screw it and got up.

:eyebrow: any new info on behind stage seats key arena seattle??? we are second level in seattle but row 1, second level right behind stage.- any good news??? anyone know much about the tickets behind stage at key arena,like how many rows are in the first level? - i have been may times to key arena seattle but the behind stage was not open for me to check out! i know the lower level is better but what do you think about row one in second level there?- just happy to be in the arena and not with nosebleed back seats like i had for vancouver Zoo tour, way back when i was in my 20's:ohmy:

:wink: hey guys behind stge is great i was in seattle 1 and
the curtains don't obscure much at all- it is way better than nose bleed section across the stadium that you pay $165 for!! you are close to the stage- sure it is not front row- but you don't have to wait in line all day either. regardless the concert is full of energy and fun people no matter where your seat ( i can only say that now i have been!)
don't sweat behind stage- you will be pleasantly surprised if you don't expect the best and get good enough!!!!:applaud:

I got BTS seats for Oakland in the fall, and I think I might not pawn them off after seeing those pictures. I've experienced them from all angles, nosebleed, 5th row seating, and now I guess from behind. Look on the bright side, it's U2.

Back
Top Bottom