Melbourne2: Just got back from seeing U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
Just got back from seeing U2 @ Sydney 1 and 3 and Melbourne 2, what a brilliant time I had.

Melbourne 2 was just an incredibly entertaining show, not that the others weren't they were fine, I felt Sydney 1 was a little under done but still excellent

Melbourne 3 was :drool: and it was nice to hear different songs I had not heard before live ie: The First Time which was done very nicely, Party Girl which I kind of heard @ Sydney 3 haha UNCHAINED MELODY!!! :) and What a great song Bad is live! I saw it at Popmart 98 but I couldn't really remember it being so young and I don't think I appreciated it as much.. Bad was last U2 song for me to hear live for a couple of years and it was a perfect one

Also did anyone else notice all the guitar problems Edge was having around Angel Of Harlem, Dallas had to come out heaps while that was happening and Bono made a couple of comments..

And to everyone out there who went to these shows thanks heaps for making them so memorable, the crowd is so important!

I am going to post some photo's soon, got some excellent ones of Adam and Edge..
Cheers

Last edited:
I talked to someone working the show that night, and yes, Edge had some sort of problems. They were scrambling to figure it out. My friend was wearing a headset, and someone came around and was ripping them off the guys - perhaps there was some sort of interference.

jonnytakeawalk said:
Great review Robbo!

Sounds like u were not far from where I was standing.

Also I didnt realise Peter Garrett was at the show, thats unreal! I saw Daryl Braithway though

I think you were the one I swapped tickets with many months back too. You were swapping cos your sis went to Night Two. Small world? :wink:

Garrett didn't do much. He was just to the right of the stage at the start as Bono was walking past. Not sure if he stayed there though.

Last edited:
jonnytakeawalk said:

Also I didnt realise Peter Garrett was at the show, thats unreal!

It was weird :yikes: Melb I when the pic of John Howard came up on the ZooTv screen and everyone booed and then we realised there was also a pic of Peter Garrett on one of the other screens at the same time. :ohmy: and all went Yay!

Glad he wasn't actually there til Melb II! :lol:

PG 4 PM

RobboAus said:

I think you were the one I swapped tickets with many months back too. You were swapping cos your sis went to Night Two. Small world? :wink:

Garrett didn't do much. He was just to the right of the stage at the start as Bono was walking past. Not sure if he stayed there though.

oh yeah lol! Small world indeed! I'm so glad I got to swap now for 2nd night. Most people said it was better

So did Garrett have to line up like the rest of us for GA I wonder? :hmm:

Last edited:
Bella05 said:

Me too! What an absolute privilege that was.
I have to say that it was the best night of my life and I will never, ever forget it! :)

Me three, and my sentiments exactly. Awesome awesome experience! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom