Meeting Michelle Pfeiffer in the SJ2 ellipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another Day

The Fly
Got into the ellipse for both San Jose shows, lucky us.

Michelle Pfeiffer was there with her kids and a friend. There were four guys standing 10 feet away from her staring like zombies. I went up to them and asked them to take a photo of me and Michelle... "Uhhh, HUHUHUHUH, yeah, OK". They were like Beavis and Butthead come to life.

Me: I've got to get a photo with you

Michelle: No, no I can't

Me: What?

Michelle: I can't do that

Me: You can't? I didn't read that part of the contract

Michelle: How about a handshake instead?

Me: OK (smile, shake). Hey, we're all in the front row, why don't you come with me up front, I'll get you right on the rail

(Michelle is interrupted by someone else)

Michelle's Friend: No, she's with her kids

(At this point, this very officious young lady comes running up to me waving her arms, saying "no, no, no, you can't, you can't"... I guess it was Michelle's assistant, what an annoying cow)

Anyway, I was stoked to meet her. I never really thought she was all that hot, but she really is beautiful up close, very tall, too. Her blondie friend was cute, too.

Sorry, no photos. I should've taken a picture from a distance, but I was trying to save my battery for the million U2 shots that I took instead, screw Michelle frickin' Pfeiffer.

Someone said Sean Penn was in the ellipse for the Saturday San Jose show, but I didn't see him. I didn't think Jeff Spicoli liked U2.

Are we to assume that Michelle just lucked her way into the Elipz? Everyone take note, it shall now be spelled "Elipz"... Anyway, I'm assuming people with influence can buy their way into the Elipz...

Shame

well, um, if you're a celebrity with millions of dollars, don't you think you wouldn't bat an eyelash at buying a GA from say Encore for hundreds of dollars....and actually, you probably wouldn't do it yourself; you'd make a 5 second phone call and tell your assistant to do it for you.

I can understand the whole being with her kids thing. Oh well thats cool that you got to meet her though.
Speaking of celebrities at u2 shows. Matt Damon was apparently at both the Anaheim shows and Brad Pitt was at the April 5th L.A. show.

lauren430 said:
well, um, if you're a celebrity with millions of dollars, don't you think you wouldn't bat an eyelash at buying a GA from say Encore for hundreds of dollars....and actually, you probably wouldn't do it yourself; you'd make a 5 second phone call and tell your assistant to do it for you.

somehow i doubt she paid

Why shame?
Because the band allows their guests to stand in the ellipse (or at the sound booth, or if they want to sit to have a seat)? What's so shameful with that?

Yeah I saw Michelle there... looked like she was just trying to see the show with her kids. I did see her leave and come back a couple times... she was trying to find a spot to be left alone and enjoy the show I think.

But yeah,... I agree in a way... I bet she didnt sit her ass on the cold cement all afternoon to wait in the GA line just to have her ticket scanned.

Ah the beauty of being a celeb.

Well, let's not jump out at anyone here. Assuming money and celebrity were involved, she and her assistant could've just paid some fans who did get in the ellipse something handsomely and gave them decent seats in the actual stands. So it could've been a win-win situation.

And let's be honest... if there was some sort of help along the way in getting in the ellipse, can we blame Michelle in the end? Who here wouldn't do that if they had some sort of financial freedom behind them?!

eLips :kiss:

I guess any celeb with a competent assistant gets on the band guestlist and gets whatever they want GA or seats...easy access to the VIP room with the elipse though...to escape us annoying normal people lol.

Will be interesting to see how many fewer spots there are in the elipse for fans in Toronto since the shows coincide with the Film Fest which is a big Hollywood draw.

Hopefully they won't be as annoying as Chris Kattan and Denise Richards who tried to demand that fans let them up to the rail mid-show in the heart in Toronto last tour.

Last edited:
trevgreg said:
Well, let's not jump out at anyone here. Assuming money and celebrity were involved, she and her assistant could've just paid some fans who did get in the ellipse something handsomely and gave them decent seats in the actual stands. So it could've been a win-win situation.

And let's be honest... if there was some sort of help along the way in getting in the ellipse, can we blame Michelle in the end? Who here wouldn't do that if they had some sort of financial freedom behind them?!

I'm not jumping on anyone. It's just the perks of being a celebrity. They get into things for free. I highly doubt it was a win-win situation.

I had tickets and passes on the last tour. When you go to will call to pick up your ticket and passes there were floor wristbands and heart wristbands in the envelope for each person.

U2 isnt, nor should they,going to make their guests wait in line all day.

She definitely didnt pay for her ticket either. Its a publicist's wet dream to get an A list celebrity at their event. Michelle Phiefer could make a call an hour before the show and get twenty tickets if she wanted.

Last edited:
Hah-- was she wearing orange last night?

There was also a guy that looked a heck of a lot like Vin Diesel, but we decided it wasn't him.

When we were getting into the building on Saturday nite we were very close to the 1st ones in.....and right before they let us in, they were letting in a bunch of peeps with purple bands on, which I imagine were VIPS...

Any of you have pics to share of either night? I would love to see some!
U2SJ@hotmail.com

thanks!

AliEnvy said:

Hopefully they won't be as annoying as Chris Kattan and Denise Richards who tried to demand that fans let them up to the rail mid-show in the heart in Toronto last tour.

Huh-huh. You said "Chris Kattan." Huh-huh.

there were a lot of celebrities at the Sat. Pond Show. Michael Keaton, Owen Wilson, and Ben Stiller and his wife were just the ones I walked into and talked to. And none of them appeared to have bought tickets, they went up to the Will Call window and most of them said so and so left my tickets for me. They sit in their limos drinking champagne until right before Bono goes on, then they go up get their tickets and go in so they don't get bothered.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

You :heart: Bobby D too? Excellent. :up:
deniro-bono1.jpg
Now I need some air....

That's cool.. too bad no pics.

Sean Penn was a few people behind me at Saturday's show.

16867seanpenn.jpg

There's more pics of the show in the Tour gallery and in Fan Experiences & Photo forum. :wink:

John Cusack was at the second LA show...and im such an ass i interupted a conversation he was having just to tell him he was awesome...and we shook hands....god he is still super good looking....:drool:

It U2's show, if they want to let their friends in, that is their right. There are always going to be VIPs getting into stuff.

Most of the time, we never notice, unless it is Michelle Pfeiffer or somebody like that.

I guess it is the rare show, that there are so many VIPs that it makes a huge difference. From what I have read, those high VIP shows do occur from time to time.

We don't get many star gazing chances at the Texas shows, or I just don't notice.

Last edited:
I keep running into Mike Myers at various Toronto events. What do you want to bet that I'll have another run-in when September rolls around!

Back
Top Bottom