MEeting Bono in 'the City of blinding Lights'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_kite

War Child
Hello hello :)

It's been a while now..but I feel like sharing the whole experience now...

October 10. I was in NY for the first time. Had arrived on the 6th, after a hard day, loosing a connection flight in London and British Airways loosing my lugage. But nothing is bad enough when you're in the USA to see the boys.

I had tickets for every night at the Garden, except for OCtober 10, so it was the day that promised the less...yet it became the best of days :)

We walked around the city the entire day...and gathered by the fence in the back of the venue around 5PM. We should go to the cancelation line, to try to get tickets. But we decided to stay in line. We waited...and waited..and I truly lost hope that the band could stop when they would arrive..cus it was so late. But..around 6.15PM...it happened...Bono arrived in the black car. There were more then 100 fans in the fence...and Bono started talking on my right...maybe 5 meters away from me..on the oposite direction. I couldn't be more frustrated. I had missed him..for 5 meters....! He spent like 15 minuts talking to fans, signing things and made the entire line. But after that..against all odds...he came back...and started at the very same place...now torwards US. We were like 20 in our side, not more, and thank God, everyone was very calm so all went well.

I have been writting poetry for some time..and before I left to NY, I made a book with me poetry. 102 pages of something very very personal...and very inspired in U2. So I really wanted to give it to Bono. When he eas coming closer....I stretched my hand..and he stood looking at the book , and asked: 'What's this?. I then explained what it was...(and by now he already had the book on his hands, and was looking inside of it) and I thanked him for everything he taught me, and inspired me to do and write. And before I could even react...a kiss came out of nowhere..!! I became very emotional..because everything happening was even more than I could dream of..so my voice started to fail..and I was about to cry. Bono realised it, so he looked for my right hand, caressed it, and held my hand strongly close to his chest. I couldn't believe it. Was like I had a shot of something to calm me down! Then he started making questions, always looking me straigth in the eyes: where was I from, which shows had I seen, wich shows had I enjoyed more...I told him I play drums and he laughed. Then he signed my HTDAAB book...and that was it! The greatest moment of my life had just come to an end....!

I dreamed ....dreamed a lot before going to NY ...but I swear...not even in my dreams..I could create such intense beautiful moment. I am a gratefull fan :)

Love and kisses to everyone
Kite

Some pictures

bono.jpg

b2.jpg

kite: thankyou for sharing your story with us. :) i am VERY happy for you. :)

yet another one of the million reasons why i love bono and u2 so much...

Woohoo..thank you all girls..for living this moment with me...enjoying it as well :) Like I enjoy so many stories posted here. I know I haven't posted here a lot lately..but I keep lurking a lot around here ;)

Oh..one more tinny detail...while signing my book..Bono looked at me, smiled..and wrote and said at the same time: 'Tania on the beach'..Bono !

It's funny..he ha sno idea..but that beach...is actually MY beach..LOL..! Well, not mine, but it's 15 minuts away from my home..and the place I choose to relax, to escape real life, to go when I don't want to see or talk to anyone else...! It's amazing :)

HTDAABsignature.jpg

No kidding, what a story! This is why I haven't come to Interference for some time! I want to cry when I read stuff like this. Because of the tour, and everyone sharing their great stories and I'm missing it all so I don't want to feel bitter over everyone else's good fortune. (Deep Breath)
That said, at least others are having their dreams come true, which gives me hope... (but before I'm forty, Puh-lease! I don't want to be all wrinkled and old looking, meeting Bono all wrinkled and old looking...:slant: )
No, actually, I'd take meeting him any which way!!

:yes: :hug: (To 4evru2~I am in the same boat!! Hopefully, by being happy for others OUR dreams will come true, too!:up: Hang In there!)YES! thank you Kite for sharing Beautiful pics and personal story!1 i am so happy for you!! May you have many, many more *Bono/U2* memories!! :wink:

I will admit I get pretty envious when others meet Bono. However I sincerely feel so happy for those who are able to have these experiences. Get such a warm feeling and it really does make my day. As with Kite's story it was just absolutely beautiful!To those of us who haven't met Bono yet we won't give up hope! Our day will happen :hug: Granted by the time I meet sexy he will probably be using a walker but that's ok,hehe,jk.

Last edited:
4EVRU2 said:
No kidding, what a story! This is why I haven't come to Interference for some time! I want to cry when I read stuff like this. Because of the tour, and everyone sharing their great stories and I'm missing it all so I don't want to feel bitter over everyone else's good fortune. (Deep Breath)
That said, at least others are having their dreams come true, which gives me hope... (but before I'm forty, Puh-lease! I don't want to be all wrinkled and old looking, meeting Bono all wrinkled and old looking...:slant: )
No, actually, I'd take meeting him any which way!!

Awww....come here :hug:

There was a time I was feeling the same way..you know? But soon I realised...everyone has a Bono moment..and I am not kidding you....it's just a matter of time..but all hapens for a reason..so hang in there mate..the time will come..is just a matter of WHEN! I hope soon :) And looks like this year..everything is happening o everyone...so it may be sooner than you think ;) Fingers crossed for you and everyone else who's looking to achieve that dream.

You know...I also used to read these experiences of other fans around here...and I so remember the case of a lovely girl named Marisa, I met here...and I read her post of meeting Bono I can't remember where...! I thank her so much...and I told her reading that story had just taken me one step closer..cus it was making me believe it could actually happening. You won't problably believe me..but truth is...15 days after that..I met Bono and the boys for the very first time in my life...15 days after I read that story...! This is real! And I didn't have to make much..the boys came to Portugal to take pictures and shoot a video. So, one day I am dreaming out loud miles and miles away from the boys, and a few weeks later...they are 10 minuts away from my home...or it may be yours ;)

So...don't stop dreaming...and believing..and it'll come to you ;)

GOOD LUCK:wave:

forbonou2 said:
:yes: :hug: (To 4evru2~I am in the same boat!! Hopefully, by being happy for others OUR dreams will come true, too!:up: Hang In there!)YES! thank you Kite for sharing Beautiful pics and personal story!1 i am so happy for you!! May you have many, many more *Bono/U2* memories!! :wink:

Thank you so much..you and all the other kind people around here....kind words make me warm inside :)

A lovely day to everyone

ohh your story's so beautiful!!
How do you feel to know that Bono could be reading your poems any time??
He was so sweet.. and you were very brave!
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww...thank you :)

The thought of just him looking at the cover of the book I made by myself with all the love and dedication in the worl...is quite a thrill! But..imagining..him ...waking up early in the morning...sitting some place to make his early reading (like he says he does)..and just the possibility..that one of those early momens..might have been spent reading something I wrote in the quite of my room, or somewhere else...it's a very very warm and pleasant thought!

As I was giving it to him..I could only think of those scenes of the R&H movie...when BB King was reading 'When Love Comes to Town' lyrics..and he congratulated Bono for 'such heavy lyrics'....I can now say I have a little idea of what Bono must have been feeling...WOOOHOOO :) (I JUMPED IN MY WORK CHAIR NOW..LOL)

THank you so much for all the suport :)

That is a fantastic story....I'm so happy for you. This is why we love this band.....and not to mention......they have great fans. Having finally met Bono myslef in Toronto...I know exactly how you are feeling!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i was standing right near you... i found a picture that had your book in it...

1010.JPG

Oh my ..oh my...dear..GOOOOOOD

Thank you sooo much...I ..I am shaking now..:drool: :shocked:

He really kept my book on his hands till the end..oh my god..I want to cry...:)

Thank you so so so much...if you have any more..please share..:)

Back
Top Bottom