meeting bono in atlanta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonohero

The Fly
I went to the show on Friday and had a great time, as I do any time I see the boys. (This was my 6th time.) I got pretty much right outside the ellipse and had a blast. Well, I didn't have tickets for the 19th (Sat.) so I tried to get them at the box office, to no avail. After waiting for HOURS, I decided to go to the loading docks. I knew where they were only because my newfound friends Erin and Christina had parked down there on Friday. So, I get down there and find out that no one has come in yet. Me and about 20 other people wait, and....there's Larry. He pulls right in to the garage area and simply waves. Then, we wait about 20 minutes and this SUV pulls to the side. ( John, Bono's security guy, came outside, so we knew he was coming a few minutes before he actually showed up.) Bono gets out, wearing his signature hat and sunglasses. He strolls to the right of me, to the line. He takes approximately 2-3 seconds per person. He finally got to me and my boyfriend says, "Bono, will you kiss my girlfriend?" and he says, "I'm fresh out of kisses.' Bono then kisses my left hand. I was happy with just that, and then Bono gives me his hand and says, "But you're gorgeous though." I about flipped out. I had waited for this since I was 13. I'm 21 now. It was about time! I was so happy. I hope that one day I can actually form words to speak to him. All I could say was, "awww" (after kiss) and "thank you" (after compliment). I am so elated. I'll post video as soon as I can upload it. :heart:

Good stuff; congrats! :happy:

Yeah, a lot of people didn't go since they weren't soundchecking that night. What time did he come out? We heard they weren't showing up until about 6.

I don't know if you were there yesterday but it was :crazy:. At least 65 people and he just went down the line doing autographs but that's it.

He signed my Live8 shirt.
He leaned to me and said "That's a treat, that's a real treat."
The funny thing is I didn't want or ask for an autograph, he just did it.
Lol!
Glad I'm a fan.
If I was just some guy I might have been mad he signed my shirt.
I'm getting it framed tomorrow.
I'd post a pic of Bono signing but I can't post pics here.

Bono showed up a little after 4pm.

He didn't have alot of time but he graciously went through all the crowd and signed everything for the 20 to 30 of us hanging out.

Conversations with him were short but very funny and interesting. He always has something cool to say.

And he even made me feel tall, what a Man...good bless you Bono.

I was there too, I asked him a quick question about Francis Shaeffer, an author he enjoys that I do as well. The guy beside me mentioned the extended applause after Streets during the Friday Show, and Bono stopped for a second and said, somewhat dazed sounding, "Ya, that was really...taking off last night!"

thanks!

Lila64 said:
great story :happy:
:heart:

Thanks Lila! It was the most wonderful, magical thing that has ever happened to me. I just wish that I could have said something intelligent. I mean, it's Bono, ya know. But oh well...I'll try next time.

:dance:

Wife and I went to Friday's Atlanta show, started pretty bad ...as I went to turn into the parking lot of the Arena, I hit a lady in my blindspot.......so much for being early!!

The show was great but the real story is about the GA's we sold for Saturday since we decided not to go to that show. I contacted the guy I sold them to and he said he got into the ellipse! Damn, could've been us. I told him how ticked my wife would be to hear that and his reply was.........." well then you better not mention the fact that we got one of Larrry's drum sticks or that will really make her mad!"
UGGGGHHHHH, you're a fan for 25 years and look what you get!!!

Oh well, maybe next time it will be her!!

aww!

Hawkmoon, I'm sorry that you didn't have a positive experience. I would be super pissed if I sold my GA's to someone and found out that they got into the ellipse. I only wish that I could have gone to the show on Saturday. I looked and looked for tickets, only to be desperate enough to buy from scalpers. As it turns out, the tickets were fake, so yeah, I got to meet Bono, but I also cried my eyes out because I was screwed over. I give you a sincere hug. :hug:

Charlotte-19 days!

Back
Top Bottom