many pics of meeting bono saturday and monday (you may be in here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: many pics of meeting bono saturday and monday (you may be in here)

Stories for Boys said:

thanks for posting this picture!

np. i have several more really cute ones!

Re: Re: many pics of meeting bono saturday and monday (you may be in here)

Stories for Boys said:

thanks for posting this picture!

Laura!!!

Thanks, Blair, for telling a part of my story with Bono.

And Blair's button said "Listen to this Button". In other words, listen to John Lennon.

I hope you are well, my friend - I will never forget you.:wink:

xERINx said:

T520050507165905385.jpg

:drool: What a great grin! Awesome pics, Erin!

beez - that's an amazing story, so cool that you helped Debbie like that, and then the part about him listening to your button...wow. I do kind of find it interesting that U2 came out with Boy the same year Lennon died... so Lennon's ideas would live on...I really think John and Bono would have been great friends.

And those pictures - wow! Bono looks so humanly beautiful in the first one, and the second one is probably one of the greatest pictures ever. Seriously, the angle is totally weird and awesome and beautiful and you can see the blue in his eye and his big sexy nose is sticking out and I love it :heart:

Re: Re: Re: many pics of meeting bono saturday and monday (you may be in here)

Chizip said:

chip!!! you act like you're surprised to see me or something ;) i only took a 2 year break...

it was great to finally meet you and your midwest friends, definitely made the GA line more enjoyable

congrats again, your experience was the highlight of a great week

Jamila,

It would be awesome if you could post the story behind the book, you told it to me later that afternoon and i thought it was fascinating.

I would love to hear it again as I have forgotten some of the better details..

I think that this particular encounter with Bono was SO SPECIAL and different than the regular "fan" encounter that I'm trying to see if I can get my story as a feature on Interference's homepage.

Thanks for your interest and kindness.:happy:

Great picture, love the one of him listening to your button.

So nice of you to help make sure Bono got the book. Great story.

Re: Bono Listened to My Button

beezd26

What a great story! Imagine him coming straight for you in the crowd like that. And good for you for helping Debbie get the book to Bono. What a terrific thing to do when he was coming to see you! Very caring and selfless... Kudos
:applaud:

Thank you so much for posting the story. The selflessness brought a tear to my eye. U2 truly does have great fans!

My friend and I were just talking last night about how we felt Bono was the Lennon of our generation. And my friend isn't even a diehard U2 fan and she said with all the great work he does and his amazing spirit that comes thru the music, he is alot like Lennon.

I grew up listening to a ton of Beatles music and Lennon stuff. I always wanted to tell him Thank you. Sadly I was young when he died and never had the chance. Bono definetly seems to have picked up the baton that he dropped and carried on. Hopefully one day I can tell him thank you for all the amazing music and gifts he & U2 have brought into my life.

Russty Cat said:
Thank you so much for posting the story. The selflessness brought a tear to my eye. U2 truly does have great fans!

My friend and I were just talking last night about how we felt Bono was the Lennon of our generation. And my friend isn't even a diehard U2 fan and she said with all the great work he does and his amazing spirit that comes thru the music, he is alot like Lennon.

I grew up listening to a ton of Beatles music and Lennon stuff. I always wanted to tell him Thank you. Sadly I was young when he died and never had the chance. Bono definetly seems to have picked up the baton that he dropped and carried on. Hopefully one day I can tell him thank you for all the amazing music and gifts he & U2 have brought into my life.

I wasn't even born yet when Lennon died and I've only just recently gotten into Lennon and the Beatles. Its actually kind of funny because Bono led me to Lennon and his music.

The experience I had with Bono means the world to me now. I really needed it. I've been going through some rough times. You try to be a good person and help others but then you end up getting used or stabbed in the back. Though these things happen to me I will never change how giving I am. In the end I know good will win out. I'm not looking to be rewarded because I believe the best deed is done anonomously but its nice to get a little sign every so often to know that what you are doing is appreciated.

I took my experience with Bono as one of those signs. I think it was also a sign that I'm finally headed on the right path in my life. Before this, Bono and U2 had inspired me but after this experience the inspiration Bono gives me has been taken to a completly different level.

It's giving me the extra push I need right now to get off my knees after I've been knocked to the ground.

I just wanted to share this story with everyone because I thought it was special. Not special because of what happened to me but special because of the 'interaction' between Bono and John.
It was just very surreal.

I really would like to know what Bono heard. Hopefully I'll get to ask him one day.

Beezd I admire you for continuing acts of kindness when it seems the world is always knocking you down to the ground. I think your right though, when we give out kindness it eventually comes back to you. Like your moment with Bono. I don't think there are ever accidents in our lives. For some reason he made a beeline to you and I don't think it was just your button. Your kind spirit shined thru in a crowd of people. And then for you to do what you did on top of it, says so much about you. If there were more people out there like you, the world would be a much gentler, kinder place.

I would love to know what Bono heard as well. I hope you get to ask him one day. If ya do, give him a big old hug from the rest of us. :D

:applaud: :heart: hey XErin-thank you for sharing and being so cool!:wink: Thank you for giving Debbie a opportuntity like that, that she would not have had, had you not let her go first!!:sexywink: NOt too many people think of someone else right at that moment-but look! You got Twice the blessing back!:wink: I do believe this is why :heart: U2 And their Fans:heart: are #1 example Of Their Music!! And why we love each other so! The world needs more of this!!:wink:

no problem.. hey guys, more pics are on their way!!!!!!!!!!

and yes they are from different days. on 5/7 bono was wearing the cowboy hat, 5/9 was wearing the green vertigo hat (it had a little target-logo on the back). he also had a REALLY cool jacket on. anyone else notice?

I thought that I would add a few comments into this discussion since I was there.

First, I would have given the book and the photo album to Bono at some point over the days of the Vertigo tour in Chicago, but Blair's unselfishness allowed her the opportunity to have an even greated Bono blessing than she may have had if she had chosen not to assist me in my "mission".

Second, being unselfish is what being a true U2 "fan" is all about. It means that you have not only heard the words but the MEANING BEHIND THE WORDS in their music and in the examples that U2 gives us in their personal lives.

I have been a U2 follower for over 24 years, have gone to over a dozen U2 concerts over my lifetime, have attended several events where Bono has spoken about Africa, DATA and The ONE Campaign.

I have been near the B-man at these various events (15 separate occasions) and have never approached him for a pic or an autograph. I was always just happy to be near Bono and watch him interact with others - he is a TRUE JOY TO BEHOLD.

But on this occasion, I was delivering a b-day present for Bono from a friend of his - an associate of Dr. King's - and wanted to pass this gift on to him sooner than later. Blair was kind enough not to stand in my way and for that she has already been truly blessed.

I could have attempted to prolong my Bono experience over the coming days by taking up more of Bono's time, but, trying to walk In the Name of Love, I didn't. Bono and I shared a few other pleasantries after this encounter on 9 May while in Chicago, but I chose not to take up to much of the B-man's time for others to get a chance.

In sacrificing for others, I know that I will be blessed again with another Bono experience as Blair will be blessed again if that is what she chooses.

WITH OR WITHOUT YOU....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

here's the edge shaking hands on the 9th with his security man...
edgeshakinghands59.jpg

then he's one of bono's really cool jacket...
jacket.jpg

and i've read somewhere on how some of you ladies have a neck fetish.. this is for you...
59mouth.jpg

here's some more of laura...
landb57.jpg

lauraandbono1.jpg

and a guy who was next to them..
bonoandrandomguy.jpg

and.. i felt this pic was in need of a caption..
tongue.jpg

xERINx said:
and a guy who was next to them..
bonoandrandomguy.jpg

and.. i felt this pic was in need of a caption..
tongue.jpg

That's Steve. Really cool guy and part of the Midwest Crew.

And nice of you to catch the Edge fan staring at Bono's tongue. :shifty:

thanks so much for all the pictures erin! great story blair and very nice that you helped debbie out! tip and i tried to look for you and greg on sautrday and we didnt even think to look for you on monday. hope all is going well. sorry to have lost contact with the both of you. take care!

Back
Top Bottom