Manchester first show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackemlad

The Fly
After witnessing the Manchester show from right up against the left hand b stage target I have to say this is THE place to see a U2 concert from.

To see the band up close was out of this world.

However, I felt Sorry for all of those "trapped" behind the barrier though while people lay around in the enclosed area.The Ga policy didnt seem right last night.

Show highlights

Electric co
Elevation
Love & peace
Zoo Station
Mysterious ways

With or without you
Vertigo
With or without you (best moment of the show!)

I have to say after witnessing these disputed points .

Vertigo to close was awesome dont knock it untill you witness the effect it has on the crowd

Pride-streets Africa thing

This just didnt work for me at all. Bono wanted to keep the oh oh oh's going at the end of pride but the crowd stopped when he started his Africa intro to streets
There was no organ intro into streets just straight into the guitar it just seemed odd

After seeing the show for myself overall impresion was totally awesome.

However if they had done this

Running to stand still
Declaration of human rights video
Where the streets have no name(as we know it)
Pride
one

It would have been perfect.

One other thing, The Fly seemed a little lost on the audience, not sure why.

Great performance of it but it didnt seem to get the crowd going.
Mysterious ways went down better.

I was also against the rail on the left b-stage and agree you have the best of everything their.Don't you think it should of started an hour later as the light show only took effect from Zoo Station onwards.I know it's not necessary for the first few rocking numbers but i thought it was missing something for the likes of Miracle Drug,Sometimes..and City of...

mackemlad said:
After witnessing the Manchester show from right up against the left hand b stage target I have to say this is THE place to see a U2 concert from.

Hey -- can you be a little more specific about where you were, please? Did you have your back to the inside bit of the B-stage rail? Or somewhere else? Were you in a wristband area?

THANKS!

nope they didn't do the 'everyone's before they came on which was a bit dissapointing.

fuming about not being able to get into the front enclosure :madspit:

however WOWY was :drool:

Wish I had had the same sort of experience inside the elipse area last night but unfortunately didn't.

Personally I felt that a lot of the stuff they did had little effect on the crowd last night who seemed like a bunch of people who were their to say "yeah I went to see U2 you know" as its a cool thing to do.

Where I was a lot just didn't want to get involved at all, and pretty much most of the stuff that wasn't recent commercial releases went straight over their heads.

Running to a Stand Still one of the highlights for me, altho the Fly and Zoo Station were awesome to see.

It's times like these I wish I lived in Europe. The shows they put on there are quite amazing. Those shows make the U.S. tour look puny.

I headed out to Manchester having seen Weezer in Birmingham the night before, I was completely knackered. I had more energy than the rest of the crowd by some way though! If they lower the prices they will get a younger more energetic crowd (like myself!). :lol:

It was annoying to say the least how bad the stewards were, the wristband situation, with those swanning up at 5.30 or 6pm getting them and those that queued for ages not getting them was extremely frustrating. Seeing a steward threaten to break a girl's arm if she didn't move back was really pretty disturbing, the stewards themselves caused more fights than the crowd. Apparently there was a huge gap between the "elipse" and the second standing section, which I imagine did no good for the atmosphere.

The band however were on top form! Good to hear Electric Co. and Zoo Station, and Edge's solos were immense, especially for BTBS. Sometimes You Can't Make... was really touching especially since the last time U2 were in Manchester Bono's dad was looking in a bad way. :(

Manc 1 was my first U2 gig and it was awsome....

Myself and my friends were lucky enough to get to the front of the barrier on Edge's side, and it was amazing.

We had a banner that said "Please Play With Or Without You" and Bono saw it and nodded to it - so you can imagine how mad we went when they played it

I can't wait to see the band again - hopefully next year if the rumors of some more UK dates are true

Lisa

I loved the show...apart from being in the queue since 10am and not getting anywhere where I could actually see the band. Everyone around seemed to be having a great time from where I was.

I hope the rumours are true for a 2006 tour! Fingers crossed!

MrsDarcy said:
I loved the show...apart from being in the queue since 10am and not getting anywhere where I could actually see the band. Everyone around seemed to be having a great time from where I was.

I hope the rumours are true for a 2006 tour! Fingers crossed!

What gate were you at Mrs Darcy - we were right of the front at Gate Y but our gate did not open at the same time as the others - rumor has it Gate P opened first but not all the people at that gate got wrist bands to get into the front pit!

It was a complete free for all - we were very very lucky

Lisa

I was at Gate B in the front and they didn't give out the wristbands. So we were running round the stadium trying to find one but couldn't. :mad: It seemed like every gate had opened before gate B by the time we actually got inside.

I didn't let it get in the way of a great show though!:wink:

MrsDarcy said:
I was at Gate B in the front and they didn't give out the wristbands. So we were running round the stadium trying to find one but couldn't. :mad: It seemed like every gate had opened before gate B by the time we actually got inside.

I didn't let it get in the way of a great show though!:wink:

We were near the front of Gate B queue this was the show where sec were selling the wristbands!!
We stopped people getting into the ellipse on one side of the stage until something got sorted!! Needless to say we got our bands eventually!!

2nd night got there are 9am and where inside of the b stage Adams side! managed to get near b stage at every gig apart from London 2 as had seats near the stage.

lisa2004 said:

What gate were you at Mrs Darcy - we were right of the front at Gate Y but our gate did not open at the same time as the others - rumor has it Gate P opened first but not all the people at that gate got wrist bands to get into the front pit!

It was a complete free for all - we were very very lucky

Lisa
We were at the Y gate and i remember seeing your banner whilst waiting to get in,we arrived at about 10.15 and luckily got our wristbands.
I thought the security was a joke and would'nt be surprised if when U2 head back to Europe that they find another venue in the North west.

the edges plec said:

We were at the Y gate and i remember seeing your banner whilst waiting to get in,we arrived at about 10.15 and luckily got our wristbands.
I thought the security was a joke and would'nt be surprised if when U2 head back to Europe that they find another venue in the North west.

Where did you stand in the Stadium, we were so lucky to get along the front row as most of the barrier was full by the time we got in.

Lisa

We were right at the front of Adams walkway and got a fantastic view of the him,Bono and Larry especially during LAPOE when you could hear the delay between Larry and Bono playing the drums and it sounding over the p/a.
Anyway roll on Leg 4 in Europe :wink:

the edges plec said:
We were right at the front of Adams walkway and got a fantastic view of the him,Bono and Larry especially during LAPOE when you could hear the delay between Larry and Bono playing the drums and it sounding over the p/a.
Anyway roll on Leg 4 in Europe :wink:

I agree :)
What do you think the chances are - I would be so excited to see them again. That Manc concert was our first one and to be that close to the band was a dream come true

Lisa

I'm certain that they will come back to Europe within the next 2 years,and if we get a 4th leg that they will do indoor shows lets just keep our fingers crossed :wink:

Back
Top Bottom