Looking for Chicago photos...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lorka127

Babyface
Hi all....

I'm looking for the Chicago photos, outside of the UC or the hotel, from the September and possibly even December visit.....

I went through threads and saw some, but I hope there are more.

BTW, on 9-20 we came from the airport. Bono asked me to stop right pass the gate to the UC and he stepped out .
I turned back to Edge and told him how great it was that they didn't mind to spend few moments signing autographs.

He smiled and replied "We have the greatest fans".... and he stepped out as well......

Thought you may want to know.... :wink:

Cheers,
(lorka127's boyfriend...)

Thank you.....

I have seen those photos - VERY COOL !!! :up:

But that day I drove Paul McGuiness......

I drove Bono in September and in December (in Chicago).......

Cheers,
(Peter)

You "Drove Paul and Bono". Ok, now you need to spill the beans. Are you a chauffeur? How did you get to drive them.

Let me know when you get a chance. Sounds like a good story.

Uhm... not sure how much I can tell...:wink:

Actually, I drove everyone (B, E, A, L and P)on seperate occasions between their May , September and December visits to Chicago, but spent most time with Bono.... I drove him each day in Sept and Dec, they were here.

But the coolest could be our drive to Milwaukee...

So some of you saw the concert in Milwaukee only thanks to my driving skills....:tongue: :lol:

I drive for a company that drives them when they are here, and dare I say it, I was requested in December....:cool:
(I gues I did well in Sept.)

Few of the best days of my life ! :yes:

Very cool people.....

Cheers,
(Peter)

Drivers

Thanks for the info. That sounds like some cool stuff man. It must have been exciting.

We actually talked to one of the drivers on the 10th in Chicago. This first shot is all the cars that were parked waiting for them to come out of the hotel.

Do you know this guy?
img02999tt.jpg

This is the guy (to the left of Bono holding the door) that drove him that day (I think). Do you know this guy too?
img03313yg.jpg

img03300pz.jpg

"That sounds like some cool stuff man. It must have been exciting" ...

You have no idea ! :bow:

The first guy works with me, the second one works for the hotel....

Cheers,

Let me know if you need a back-up driver the next time they are in town. But, I will probably have to fight my wife for the job :lol:

Lorka127 said:
Thank you.....

I have seen those photos - VERY COOL !!! :up:

But that day I drove Paul McGuiness......

I drove Bono in September and in December (in Chicago).......

Cheers,
(Peter)

really? Cool!

Really.....

I'm the only Polack that drove him in Chicago.... :wink: :lol:

U2001.jpg

( photo thanks to U2bpbear24 :D )

Cheers,
(Peter)

Lorka127 said:
"That sounds like some cool stuff man. It must have been exciting" ...

You have no idea ! :bow:

The first guy works with me, the second one works for the hotel....

Cheers,

Lorka do you guys have to sign waivers, disclaimers or confidentiality agreements that you cannot discuss conversations or any information when you drive celebrities? Is there any more you could share with us about your short time spent driving Bono in Chicago? I'd love to hear it along with loads of others. :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Peter, I have some from Bono's arrival on Sept. 20.

http://www.dutchbingo.net/U2/albums/

Crap I just realized it doesn't include the ones I have of him near the vehicle. I can dig them up if you want, but they're not all that great.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic: I just looked at your Chicago 9th and Detroit 25th pictures. Nice Job, you have some great pics. That brings back some memories.

My wife and I were at the Chi May 9th and both Det shows. The Det Oct 24th was our first GA experience. Believe it or not we decided to try and get tickets for the 24th the night of the show. I ran to the ticket booth (10-min before U2 was to go on stage) and scored 2 GA tickets (we were freaking out). I always thought GA's were impossible to get. GA is the only place to be!!!!

Nice pics.

Lorka127 said:
Uhm... not sure how much I can tell...:wink:

Actually, I drove everyone (B, E, A, L and P)on seperate occasions between their May , September and December visits to Chicago, but spent most time with Bono.... I drove him each day in Sept and Dec, they were here.

But the coolest could be our drive to Milwaukee...

So some of you saw the concert in Milwaukee only thanks to my driving skills....:tongue: :lol:

I drive for a company that drives them when they are here, and dare I say it, I was requested in December....:cool:
(I gues I did well in Sept.)

Few of the best days of my life ! :yes:

Very cool people.....

Cheers,
(Peter)

:bow: 's down to you for getting them to Milwaukee ;) Thank You! The only pic I have........
3463355923232%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D3235%3E3%3B%3A%3E665%3EWSNRCG%3D323237727%3A%3C74nu0mrj

Found this thread as I was listening to 9.25.05 concert......
"Beautiful Day...........especially in the drive in, driving into Milwaukee the rain coming down.............." ~Bono

Last edited:
sparty1969 said:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic: I just looked at your Chicago 9th and Detroit 25th pictures. Nice Job, you have some great pics. That brings back some memories.

My wife and I were at the Chi May 9th and both Det shows. The Det Oct 24th was our first GA experience. Believe it or not we decided to try and get tickets for the 24th the night of the show. I ran to the ticket booth (10-min before U2 was to go on stage) and scored 2 GA tickets (we were freaking out). I always thought GA's were impossible to get. GA is the only place to be!!!!

Nice pics.

Thanks! My pics suck up until Pittsburgh b/c a guy finally explained the manual settings for my camera (before that I used AUTO). So if you compare the May 9 pics to the Oct 22, you will see huge improvement!

Unfortunately, I left my camera behind on the 24th. We had GAs, but got there at 5:30 so we stood back at the mixing booth. Just a few minutes before U2 took the stage, I asked a crew member for wristbands and we got in the ellipse! There was plenty of room on the back/side rail on Edge's side. Sadly, I didn't have the camera.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Thanks! My pics suck up until Pittsburgh b/c a guy finally explained the manual settings for my camera (before that I used AUTO). So if you compare the May 9 pics to the Oct 22, you will see huge improvement!

Unfortunately, I left my camera behind on the 24th. We had GAs, but got there at 5:30 so we stood back at the mixing booth. Just a few minutes before U2 took the stage, I asked a crew member for wristbands and we got in the ellipse! There was plenty of room on the back/side rail on Edge's side. Sadly, I didn't have the camera.

So you ended up getting into the ellipse. I will have to remember the tip about talking to a crew member.

We actually had a great spot on the floor considering we didn't get down till about 5-min before they came on stage. 1/2 way through the concert we were only 3 people deep from the tip of the ellipse when they sang "With or Without you".

Back
Top Bottom