Last MSG Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strwar718

The Fly
Hey there... just got back from MSG... i have gone to 3 shows this tour.. MSG In May, first Boston in october, and this last msg show. I am pretty sure this last MSG show was the best one of the 3 i saw.

couple of things i noticed maybe someone can clarify or help out.

1. The time between keane and U2 was a lot longer than usual and it seemed like the techs were doing extra stuff.

2. Bono's voice was great.

3. To end the earplug commentary, i tried it tonight and it was AMAZING.. the downside is that it saps a bit out of the show because you dont hear the crowd as much, but u hear bono and the rest much clearer.

4. The party girl stuff was great, i knew bono was going to butcher it lol.

5. The encore vertigo.. what was bono singing at the end and what was with the feedback noise they added to it?

6. Miss Sarejevo was great... i love it.

7. Stuck in a moment.. just great.

8. I actually like the slow/acoustic encores.

9. what a night.

10. keane rocked

ok..thats all of my random thoughts about tonight lol...

goodnight

it was absolutely amazing... i dont know what else to really ad. they were really super duper on tonight.. we were given a treat by them i guess.

It was great. To bad you all were not in my section when Bono was trying to tell his Miss Sarejevo story and go into the song these very drunk men decided to boo and yell USA!!!
It was great some other random dude started yelling at them
and they finally shut up..Ruined my exprience of the song...

LOVED Bono slaughtering Party Girl..lol
Larry is to cool...
Edge just rocks...
Adam...Well Adam is to suave.

dgirl said:
It was great. To bad you all were not in my section when Bono was trying to tell his Miss Sarejevo story and go into the song these very drunk men decided to boo and yell USA!!!
It was great some other random dude started yelling at them
and they finally shut up..Ruined my exprience of the song...

They were just republicans being republicans

It was my first show in which I sat towards the back of the stage and it is quite a unique persective. I noticed some things that I haven't noticed during the previous several shows - because I was behind the stage.

First of all, the entire crowd was on it's feet for just about the entire show and it was amazing. Even the corporate types were rocking up in the sky suites. Yes, there were one or two songs were some people sat, but those situations were few.

It's also very cool to see inside the elipse from behind the stage. In a way, you get the band's perspective on looking out into the crowd. The big guy in the green shirt who was standing up against the railing front and center of the ellipse was rocking the whole time and Bono obviously noticed because he asked for his help while singing Party Girl.

I could hear Streets 200 times and would still get chills on the 201st. It's so awesome. The crowds interaction and reaction to it just fires you up - especially from the mentioned view from behind the stage.

Overall, a great show. It may have been nice if they would have mixed it up more - but how could I complain about a U2 show - it was awesome and I would never take it for granted.

nobody still told me what was the cover at the end of vertigo and why did they have that sound effect when he sang..lol :)

strwar718 said:
nobody still told me what was the cover at the end of vertigo and why did they have that sound effect when he sang..lol :)

the cover at the end of vertigo was "rock n roll ******" by patti smith.

i agree this show was great. i also tried earplugs for the first time. the band sounds awesome when you wear them, but the passion of the crowd's energy is a big thing to sacrifice when you wear earplugs. i may go half the show with and half without next time.

anyway, i was at 3 shows in nyc and was not disappointed in any of them.

i would have loved to see discotheque and mofo in an encore at one point, but actually, the first time - stuck encore is relatively new. and it is beautiful.

on the final night we got party girl and gloria, plus the invocation of 19-year old bono vox back to our realm during that 2nd encore of vertigo. i never would have believe i could be satisfied with vertigo x2 on the final night, but the energy jumping out of the band on that final song was something i have never seen in 7 shows i've been to. bono was in an unreal "other" place intensity wise.

also bono snippeted a few extra verses of "in a little while" on his own after "i still haven't found" and even sang the first verse of "she's a mystery" after "one." that was really great.

bono threw his arm around edge, practically jumping up on his back after the show. they were clearly pumped up. the crowd noise was earsplitting for the latter parts of that gig.

the final show at MSG rocked! i saw the shows on 10/7, 10/8 and 10/14. although they were all great, the band had amazing energy last night. especially during the final encore- the band had so much fun during 'fast cars', with edge dancing and bono being ridiculously sexy with alli onstage (he even lay down entirely on his back!!! rarely see that...) and 'party girl' was hilarious- bono clearly could not remember the lyrics, and was just laughing and getting help from the crowd. then the champagne came out, and drenched those in the front row... so cool!!

the 2nd version of 'vertigo' was amazing! i know people like to bitch about it... but last night it just ROCKED. bono was clearly in another place, and edge was jumping around the stage like mad! at the end of that song, edge was so pumped up that he just threw his guitar off, and let the feedback ring throughout MSG... it was a very 'punk rock' moment. :up:

what a night, what a week... thanks for the amazing shows, boys! :hyper:

*Ally* said:
the final show at MSG rocked! i saw the shows on 10/7, 10/8 and 10/14. although they were all great, the band had amazing energy last night. especially during the final encore- the band had so much fun during 'fast cars', with edge dancing and bono being ridiculously sexy with alli onstage (he even lay down entirely on his back!!! rarely see that...) and 'party girl' was hilarious- bono clearly could not remember the lyrics, and was just laughing and getting help from the crowd. then the champagne came out, and drenched those in the front row... so cool!!

:hyper:

That was Ali? I don't think so...............

kassandra said:

That was Ali? I don't think so...............

oops, sorry, i didn't mean Ali Hewson. i meant Alli- she's a fan from California who got onstage last night and rocked to 'fast cars'/WOWY.

Actually, it should have been Ali Hewson on stage last night. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom