Kudos to the U2 crew 5/9 Chicago - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:43 PM
Kudos to the U2 crew 5/9 Chicago

I'd like to recognize the kindness and generosity of the U2 road crew.

First, a crew member came up to my cousin and I near the back of the floor about 10 minutes before show time and asked us if we wanted to be in the ellipse.

Second, during Mysterious Ways, my cousin became dizzy and passed out. I carried her out of the ellipse and the U2 crew let me carry her to the sidestage area where the U2 crew doctor took a look at her.

They were extremely patient and kind with me as I carted her off and helped in any and every way possible.

Old 05-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 10:43 AM
That's a nice post.

Old 05-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Props to the roadcrew!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Wow, a lot of people passed out last night. Does this happen at all the shows? A girl right near me went down and they had to lift her over the side. It was so hot and one point I really thought I couldn't make it any longer, but after they pulled that girl out it felt like they left the air on the rest of the time. This was my second show ever and first GA so I wasn't sure what to expect. It didn't really bother me, I just wonder if it's always that hot, crowded, and pushy.

My friend said one of the security men brought them cups of ice cream when they were on the rail for Saturday.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:36 AM   #5
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
Wow, a lot of people passed out last night. Does this happen at all the shows? A girl right near me went down and they had to lift her over the side.
Not wanting to lose your place is no excuse not to eat and drink water. I've heard a lot of stories of people basically fasting and dehydrating. Fans should take care of their bodies, so the band can take care of our soul.

Anu
Old 05-11-2005, 07:51 AM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 08:43 AM
My sister ate a huge hot dog and had a drink before KOL and still passed out. She's 5'7, I'm almost 6'2 and I had a hard time in GA - esp near the end of the show - it got really steamy in there. They needed to leave the air on the whole time.
I had to drag my sister to the side rail and a few guys there just looked @ us and ignored us - she was falling to the ground and I was trying to pick her up and no one helped. Finally I got her to hang over the rail and after a minute a security guy saw her and helped her to the end where some guys checked her out.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:26 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Anu

Not wanting to lose your place is no excuse not to eat and drink water. I've heard a lot of stories of people basically fasting and dehydrating. Fans should take care of their bodies, so the band can take care of our soul.

Anu
This is true, but Monday I felt like it was beyond hot, it was absolutely exhausting. I guess sleeping only 3 hours the night before doesn't help. I spent a month sick and dehydrated under the sun in Africa, but Monday night was the hottest I have ever been. As soon as they turned the air back on it was fine.

That said, it didn't spoil my fun one bit and we still had a blast!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:31 AM   #8
Acrobat

My cousin and I had a nice dinner 3 hours prior to the show. It seemed to just come from the heat and the crowd.

But yes, it is important to be well prepared, especially if you plan on stading on the floor from when the gates upon until the show is over.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
War Child

Local Time: 09:43 AM
I didn't eat or drink after 2:00 on Saturday and although I was thirsty during the show I was glad I hadn't, because we got a good spot 3-4 rows off the rail of the Ellipse and if I had left to go to the bathroom (inevitable if I'd had anything to drink) I never would have gotten back in; the crowd was packed solid by 7:00. I noticed there seemed to be cold air blowing the whole time in the UC so it didn't get too hot. On the other hand that was the day it was so cold outside, we were freezing in line all day so they might not have had the same challenges keeping the indoors cool when it wasn't hot outside.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:57 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:01 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

This is true, but Monday I felt like it was beyond hot, it was absolutely exhausting. I guess sleeping only 3 hours the night before doesn't help. I spent a month sick and dehydrated under the sun in Africa, but Monday night was the hottest I have ever been. As soon as they turned the air back on it was fine.

That said, it didn't spoil my fun one bit and we still had a blast!
i heard they didnt want the air conditioning on so the confetti would fall right

i heard lots of comments about how hot it was
Old 05-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

it was freakishly hot on Monday night - but what a show
on Tuesday night it was almost too cold

I know I'm friggin' goldilocks