Jilly Mullen Jr. Defends Herself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jilly mullen jr

The Fly
OK... reading this I would have said the same thing as all of you if I read that someone didn't want to hug or stay focused on Bono. Before I got up on stage I would have thought the same thing.
But once you are up there strange things happen... I think I was so excited that I didn't want to just be standing there. I was fine hugging Bono - for the first 10 seconds.... Then my thoughts turned to Adam and the rest of U2 - I wanted to see them too! I don't care if it was WOWY because in all honesty, I didn't hear any of the song... on that note... any bootlegs around?

you looked great up there! don't worry about what other people say- only those who have actually been onstage know what it's like up there. who knows how any of us would react! congratulations to you and your sisters for your wonderful experience!!! :up:

(we met in line, btw, both in May and yesterday- i'm friends w/ khelia.)

Oh, I agree. No nee to apologize or explain to anyone... Am I surprised as hell to read about it? Yes, but that doesn't mean I'm judging. Just a little surprised that you even had the presence of mind to remember there were 3 other guys up there... I sure didn't... :reject:

Last edited:
It looked like you whispered something in Bono's ear? Did you? I always planned that if Bono pulled me up I would ask him if I could run the ellipse and give Larry a hug... wonder how that would go over.

show 2 of 5 this week was phenomenal for me... Mon, tues & friday to go!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly didn't mean to judge when I expressed my surprise...it's surely gotta be an incredible and adrenaline-inducing experience, and who knows how anyone would react?!
My goodness to get pulled up there---how hugely thrilling!

It is just that once you get pulled up, you sort of become part of the performance, right? for better or for worse, you end up getting judged for entertainment value, since I tend to feel like it's not for a mid-show meet&greet that bono takes you there, but for the sake of getting the fans involved in the *show*, adding a spark of excitment or sexiness or loveliness or something, connection.
Congrats on getting chosen for that!
Did you indeed actually ask Bono if you could go say hi to Adam?!

cheers!

Just realized the story isn't here as I originally put this in the general discussion thread...
basically, bono pulled me up on stage and just wanted to have a sweet hug session. normally i would say that's great but i don't really know what happened up there. I really wanted my sisters to be there with me because we always do anything U2 together. We always said that if we ever got up we would run over and say hi to the adam, larry and edge. I guess all those thought seeped in while he was trying to dance. I was just to fidgety and nervous to just be standing there.
And i did whisper in his ear that i was sorry for moving around so much. he kept telling me to just stand still.
all in all, it was a great time! i wish that i could do it again.
I didn't really think that anyone was judging me - just wanted to explain my frame of mind. I would say that anyone would be crazy to not want to dance with him but I just had another agenda. funny.. but yeah, i understand that it does take away from the show and his experience and that it's not a meet/greet but oh well!

ally - good to see you last night. i saw your pic on pleba - i didn't know you had been up too! where were you guys sitting last night?

I too was unsure what your motives were when you were standing up there. However....it seemed that it opened the floodgates for Bono to bring other people up.

Which was also fantastic!

jilly mullen, were you one of the 3 sisters in NY?

Didn't one of your other sisters get pulled up, too, and then Bono held the hand of your third sister after pulling Amp up on stage?

Not sure, just trying to clarify . . .

Yes - I am the first of the 3 sisters that got pulled up. My sister got pulled after me then Amp after her. After this, Bono did hold my other sister's hand. Very exciting!

:up:

DSCF0785.JPG

:drool::flirt::wink:

Hey - did you take that? I love it! Thanks! What a great expression on my face. I couldn't believe it was happening!

Hey it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Make the best of it. If you wanted to run the whole ellipse, you should of :) . I didn't read the story until now so I certainly couldn't judge you. Besides I'd pass out :faint: so I guess I wouldn't do much for the entertainment value either.

Back
Top Bottom