I was given a pair of drumsticks at the 10/11 show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soliloquy

Babyface
I was lucky enough to be parked at the outside rail of the ellipse close to the middle on Tuesday night. My eyes were riveted on the boys during the beginning of Bullet the Blue Sky when a crew member popped up out of nowhere and held out the drumsticks. Took a second to register! :ohmy: Woo hoo! :heart:

Now I'm wondering how best to display them. Any ideas? :scratch:

Last edited:
Soliloquy said:

Now I'm wondering how best to display them. Any ideas? :scratch:

Give them to me! :sexywink: :giggle:

Just two words: LUCKY YOU!

Sorry I haven't got any ideas how to display the precious drumsticks. :scratch: I would probably carry them around everywhere for the first month or so...:wink:

I agree, shadow box is definately the way to go.... but question.. more details please. Had you asked for the drum sticks earlier? did you have a sign or something...how did they just "offer" them... I am so curious b/c nothing would make me happier than to have a pair (or even one) myself... I've loved on larry since I was 15... and that's over 20 years now... Advice? I've got only one shot as I only have 1 GA this year (remaining 14 shows I'm actually in pretty good seats)

thanks!

Wow!! Thats really cool! We need more info :hyper:
and I agree with LarryMullen's_POPAngel and tbird, shadow box :yes:

His sticks are brand named ProMark....with his name on them.... I put my stick in a shadow box with my other U2 stuff.....congrats....Vertigo sticks are a scares commodity considering they usually end the show with 40 and Larry just walks down the back of the stage.

tbird said:
I agree, shadow box is definately the way to go.... but question.. more details please. Had you asked for the drum sticks earlier? did you have a sign or something...how did they just "offer" them... I am so curious b/c nothing would make me happier than to have a pair (or even one) myself... I've loved on larry since I was 15... and that's over 20 years now... Advice? I've got only one shot as I only have 1 GA this year (remaining 14 shows I'm actually in pretty good seats)

thanks!

I didn't have a sign, I didn't get to talk to any of them, I didn't even make eye contact, and it was a crew member who gave them to me... I was at the rail pretty close to where Larry came out on the catwalk, so that might have had something to do with it. Look for a mark on the surface of the catwalk to the right of center if you can get in there first, that's where the crew will set up a drum for Larry for Love and Peace or Else. (at least that's what they did for 10/11)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

His sticks are engraved with his name. :wink:

*has a panic attack* Mine aren't... :( I think they might have been the ones Larry and Bono used for Love and Peace or Else because they were given to me one song later... so maybe only the ones Larry uses exclusively are engraved?

They are ProMark though.

My heart is slightly crushed that they're not engraved... but oh well, it's not like I'm going to try and sell them on eBay :)

(Btw, it is cute to watch Bono banging on the drum like a hungry, angry baby...)

Congrats on getting the sticks!

I got a guitar pick at the end of the Dublin show if you want to swop one of the sticks for it?

It's cool if you don't, but there's no harm in asking.

The plec was given to me by Dallas (Edge's tech)

It's black with the Vertigo bullseye design on both sides in red foil.

I've also got some other picks from other tours, and even Larry's autograph on a magazine, so if you're into a swop drop me a mail!

Cheers!

I'm tempted but don't want to split up the pair... thanks for the offer though, your pick sounds awesome!

Wow that's so cool! I agree with the others about a shadow box. Visit your local frame shop or an arts and craft shop like Michael's or Aaron brothers Art Mart. Lucky you! :wink:

Carek1230 said:
Wow that's so cool! I agree with the others about a shadow box. Visit your local frame shop or an arts and craft shop like Michael's or Aaron brothers Art Mart. Lucky you! :wink:
Thanks; I've never done a shadow box before, so I wasn't quite sure where to begin. Think I'll get a picture from the concert printed up to put behind them... I hope I can find a nice big one of Bono and Larry at the drum on the catwalk, because that's what I'll always remember when I see the sticks. :love:

Back
Top Bottom