I saw Wild Horses Live!!!! Now I can die happier!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Boston 5.28.05 was perfect. I loved every minute of it. This was my 10th U2 show (POP, elevation, vertigo) and I've wanted to hear Who's gonna ride your wild horses for 13 years. It was so worth it.

then party girl another of my favorites.

But when people ask me what my favorite U2 song is, I think streets or pride as they always make me happy... but in reality I realized it was Horses... my favorite line of all time

"You're dangerous cuz you're honest"

that sums up so much for me.

I just couldn't believe it. It was the top song I wanted to hear them play live. I still can't believe it.

Did they really play Horses? Holy shit!

They played a full band version!!

I thought the band didn't even like the song. They said in "U2 At the End of the World" that they felt they could have done so much more with it or something. But anyway, can't wait to hear the bootleg!

Here's hoping they continue to shake up the setlists a little when they arrive in Europe. I know it's probably unlikely but I'm hoping for some Zooropa / Pop songs.........even one from each. Pleeeeeeeeeease into Streets Popmart style:drool: and Love is Blindness to close - the best U2 gig closer of all time....IMO!

stagman said:
Agreed, Love is Blindness is the greatest

:drool:

im really happy clerks saw one of his favorite songs and can die a happy man now, but if they would have brought back LIB instead of Horses, I would probably have died right then and there.

I love this song, and it was great to hear it last night. I think they tried to do it justice and play the entire song. Even Bono decided it was better to rely on his teleprompter then screw up the lyrics.

I feel very fortunate that even though I only went to 6 shows this leg, I heard every song they played with the exception of ISHFWILF.

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:
I love this song, and it was great to hear it last night. I think they tried to do it justice and play the entire song. Even Bono decided it was better to rely on his teleprompter then screw up the lyrics.

I feel very fortunate that even though I only went to 6 shows this leg, I heard every song they played with the exception of ISHFWILF.

Only 6 shows? Damn it I wish I could afford that. :|

Well before Boston 2 I heard them soundcheck this, and all of us in the GA line were freaking OUT. The soundcheck was amazzzing, Bono's voice was soaring all over the notes, and it sounded exactly like ZooTV era, which makes sense because they haven't played it since then and he wouldn't have changed it since then. I thought, even if they don't play it in concert I'm so happy to have heard it live.

Of course they did not play it Boston 2, and after the first encore in B3 I was hyped with anticipation and had a feeling if they came out with The Fly that they'd play Horses. (IMO, The Fly -> Until is the best combo, and I actually was glad they sacrified MW, which hasn't been working lately, and Zoo Station, which is great but not a staple-great.)

So I was primed for the song, and as soon as Bono started talking I flipped out, and he said "this is a song we havne't played in 10 years" and I knew it, and couldn't stop screaming and jumping up and down! It was great, total liftoff for me, shaking and everything like my very first show. As soon as he sang the "You're dangerous, cos you're honest" bit it was all over. :combust: What a gorgeous treat for us all.

I think that they are going to be playing this more on the 2nd leg, it just seemed to me the way they were rehearsing it, they want to include it in the setlist (and it was written on the setlist for last night). Also, B's voice was tired by this point and didn't soar everywhere like it did in rehearsal, so it will be fantastic to see where he can take this after more practice. And it didn't sound exactly like ZooTV era in B3, Edge's guitar was different and he had a gorgoues mini solo.

My friend took a video of this so I'll see if I can get it posted for you guys. :)

The entire show was AMAZING, but when they pulled Horses out that sealed it as the best night of my life. Very fortunate to have had last night be my first time seeing U2!

oliveu2cm said:

My friend took a video of this so I'll see if I can get it posted for you guys. :)

That would be awesome! I can barely remember it since I was :drool: ing through the whole thing!!:wink:

You're welcome! My friend Jennifer took that video- I was too far gone to even think of operating a camera :lol:

YES the crowd participation was awesome! The band stayed very close together during the song, as you can see, Bono reading the telepromter (I'm guessing) which is great so he can get all the words correct!! I hope they continue playing this song b/c it will be great to see it develop again.

phanan said:
Horses was unbelievable. It was pretty much the standard album version that was played, but when the guitar rang out at the beginning, it was heaven.

Oh. My. God. :faint:

So jealous....

Back
Top Bottom