I saw Larry Mullen Last night (2 down, 2 to go)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevation622

The Fly
He was at a bar/restaurant somewhere in New York, with 3 other people, and it was definitely him. I smiled at him but I left him alone so he'll come back. There had been rumors that he had a house in the area and frequented this particular bar/restaurant (supposedly once with Bono) I checked the tour dates and they're off for 5 days so it was definitely him. I also "partied" with the Edge and Paul McGuinness after an Elevation Tour stop in New York. I will only say this, I can party harder than this rock star! (mabe that's why he can play guitar so well, cos he's not out getting destroyed after every show, hhhhhhmmmmmm?) 2 down 2 to go!

It would make sense..but whats the difference wether you tell us or not. id ont think any of us are going to be hunting the guy down for an autograph...well i can speak for myself.

"id ont think any of us are going to be hunting the guy down for an autograph...well i can speak for myself."
Me too... but that's 2 of us! There's a lot of weirdos out there... My point was to say that these awesome musicians lead regular lives too. And it was cool to see one of my musical heroes chillin' out in the same kind of joint I do. I feel bad for staring actually. He either thinks I'm gay (which I'm not) or crazy (the jury's still out on this one)!

I understand not saying the name

can you give me the neighborhood at least? just curious if it's a bar in a hotel in midtown (the fancy ones) or a cool little pub in the East village. just curious.....

not fancy at all that's why it was so cool. For instance, on the jukebox Green Day's Boulevard of Broken dreams was playing when he walked in (obviously a lot of U2 plays there too, although I did hear Christina Aguleria at one point last night and wanted to throw up, but i digress!) so you can imagine, Its a little Irish joint. The Bartender and all waitresses have Irish accents. The bartender actually waved to him like it was a regular occurance that a Rock Legend just comes in and seats himself! And it wasn't in the city but the suburbs. that's why i can't say the name of the town, cos there aren't many Irish places there. I

haha, who says ive never seen or met them?

and i wasnt doubting that you saw him, i was just making a joke on where it could have been

anyway, its wierd to see them in person right? and neither the Edge or Larry were very tall! I heard that Bono was short but these guys are no basketball players themselves!

Dude, i moved to the Burbs - If it wasn't LI, it must have been Westchester COunty - Where I live......give me the town....there are a ton of Irish bars up here. I'll never find him

Numb1075 why dont you get his e-mail so you can ask him privatly so all of us dont go and stalk Larry

Anniea, how do you know Larry has a house in Nyak? Seems like an unlikely place for him to reside when he stays in NY for a while....

I know people who live near there and have seen him at bars in Nyack. I also read somewhere a few years ago that he he has a house there.

Back
Top Bottom