i met Guggi and Gavin Friday at MSG 5/21..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
at the NYC MSG 5/21 Show... I met Guggi and Gavin Friday......

i was in the first row behind the VIP Section just off the floor(thank u, UKTan for the ticket :)). all of a sudden after the show, i see guggi and gavin talking to some fan in the same row we(tan & i) were in... i walk over an say hey guys, tell gavin i liked his duet he did with bono some years back.. he said thanks.. told guggi how i thought he was cool.

i then told them how i feel an admire about bono, after what happened at the 2nd seattle show ( read here ) how it would be cool to get an autograph or meet my idol in person an say the things i want to say to him..

gavin took my address down an said he'd send an autographed photo of bono... then they both signed my msg ticket. took a pic with both, then guggi took a pic of me an him on his camera phone. lol. it was awesome... i asked them if they were going to philly, they said no, they asked me bout boston.. i said i couldnt.. then i asked bout the croke park gigs, they said yea an i did too, they said "wow you are a big fan!".. gavin said he'd send something for croke but i'm not sure what.. lol.

regardless if gavin follows through or not..this was soo cool to happen.. this made my day better after i got ripped off by a scalper earlier that day (]read here)

guggi-jesse-gavin.jpg

:)

Nice one jesseU2.

I have seen both of these gentleman in Dublin but never actually met either of them. :up:

great story jesse! And how awesome that you got to talk to them for a bit.. wow!:drool:

I said hi to gavin at the LA Show...4/5 . He was walking from the VIP section in front of the soundboard... And he looked at me somewhat surprised and said "hello".... Guess he figured not many people would recognize him...cept us CRAZY LONG TIME U2 FANATICS...!!!! :wink: :macdevil: :giggle:

Jesse,
That is indeed a great photo.

You have a way about you that draws ppl to you.
Im sure Gavin will do what he promised.

Love you little brother.

db9

diamond said:
Jesse,
That is indeed a great photo.

You have a way about you that draws ppl to you.
Im sure Gavin will do what he promised.

Love you little brother.

db9

hiya diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :hug:

how are yas? long time no see around here.. where u been?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

hiya diamond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :hug:

how are yas? long time no see around here.. where u been?

forgive me but i cannot remember chatting w you.

did u have a different name before:hmm:?

please help me.:)

db9

diamond said:

forgive me but i cannot remember chatting w you.

did u have a different name before:hmm:?

please help me.:)

db9

sorry dave..

<<<Amy from San Diego... You were in line with me, ruffian, scott, tracie,kevin,chip and bill at opening nite show..
Short girl with brown bulgari sunglasses.

Jesse you rock! Me and my friend from Dublin were next to you when Gavin and Guggi came over. I believe Joanie took a 1 or 2 pics of Gavin, and you are in one of them. I have some pics of my own to send her and will ask for copies of hers.

But, that is an awesome shot of the three of you. Enjoy the Croke Park gigs!
Jess:wave:

Missed this when it was originally posted!

I'll have to ask him about it whe I see him in Dublin!! :hyper:

hehe grats man. saw u first at glendale, az for the two shows, then bumped into u in msg in the bathrooms, and then saw u at philli. awesome job man.

jdragonfly - drop me an email at dude@asu.edu would like to see those pics, was one of u that girl in a black hat?

madball - i can't remember u, lol, seems like decades ago..enlighten me...

tkutish, did i meet u in dub?

headache, it'll be up when i get back, been busy, lol

thanks everyone else :D

Back
Top Bottom