I met Edge and Bono in Copenhagen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Yes not only did U2 put a fantastic show despite the rain, I met Edge and Bono outside their hotel on saturday afternoon and got their autographs! As Bono was signing my HTDAAB book I said "Please try and make it to Finland next time" and he replied "Yeah, it was bad that we didn't make to Finland this time" or words to that affect!! I'm still in shock!! :crazy: And my photo also appeared in the sunday edition of the Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet, with my friend, of us waiting for U2. That's me, Celebrian, the girl with the reddish brown hair. Anyone out there see it and can give me a translation of the caption ?! Meeting Bono and Edge and the wonderful concert on sunday more than made up for all the expence and travelling all the way from Finland to see U2 live in Copenhagen!!:rockon:

Last edited:
Congrats on the meet & greet, hc!!! :up: I can hardly wait for my two chances in NY & Charlotte. :hyper: :crazy: :D

hcbiggs2002 said:
As Bono was signing my HTDAAB book I said "Please try and make it to Finland next time" and he replied "Yeah, it was bad that we didn't make to Finland this time" or words to that affect!!

great that you brought it up! ;) i don't mind travelling to see them (i went to oslo a week ago), but i think it's about time they find their way here again. ;) damn world championships... thing. lol
anyway, sounds like a great experience, congratulations! :)

I met them too on Sunday before the concert... I didn't have anything they could have signed, so I just stood there like an idiot and smiled and said "hello"... anyway here you can see just how close Bono was:

cded74b3.jpg
[/IMG]

Great afternoon...

Hi,
I was also there in front of the hotel(on Saturday), and took some pretty good photos. Now I'm would be very happy if someone who was on the other side maybe could sent me the photos they took, You know I might be in on of them, and you might be in mine. If you stand with your bag to the hotel-door, I was on the right.
Also if you post the danish text, from the newspaper, I will be happy to tanslate it.
What a great weekend this was, and the show where fantastisk.
Christina

jungleland@lhpnet.dk

hcbiggs2002 said:
Wow Ava, that's a great photo of Bono you got there! My friend Nienor, who was also there, took lots of good photos too and will be sending me them soon.:wave:

Thanks Helen! :) I will e-mail you real soon, once I have a day off (that would be Sunday) and enough time to go through all my pictures from Copenhagen. I guess we both have a story or two to tell!:wink:

Congratulations!

Let's hope they go to Finland next time then :)

I heard thy left around 4 o'clock... you know when I got there?

10 minutes later... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A translation?! That's great!!

Hi Christina, that would be great it you could post a translation here on this website, here it is as it appeared in Danish;-

Det kan vaere både koligt og småkedeligt at vente på sine idoler. U2s fans var ikke just glaedessprudlende, men da stjenerne omsider kom ud, klarede ansigterne op.

I can make out the words 'cold' and 'wait' but that's it! So thanks!

:wave:

Hi Ava, I was also there on the Sunday between 13:00 and 15:00 before going off to the stadium, when where you there?

Last edited:
how hard was it to meet them?

were there a lot of other people there?

i'm always really impressed whne people say they've met members of U2, because it seems so hard to do, since EVERYONE wants to meet them too, you know?

Det kan vaere både koligt og småkedeligt at vente på sine idoler. U2s fans var ikke just glaedessprudlende, men da stjenerne omsider kom ud, klarede ansigterne op.

=>

It can be both chilly and a little boring waiting for your idols. U2's fans weren't excactly bubbling with joy, but when the stars finally appeared their [the fans'] faces lit up.

Thanks ThomasH for the translation! I don't know why the reporter thought we were cold (!?!) if anything I was sweating buckets!!:combust:

It was pure luck Tuwie, my friend read about which hotel U2 staying at from a Danish daily newspaper, it was just around the corner from my B&B and we waited for only 45 minutes before first Edge than Bono came out.:happy:

Cool.

I was at the concert as well, but I had no clue where they were staying - and honestly hadn't tried to find out. Instead I was warming up with some of my friends watching ZooTV from Sydney. If the papers were referring to sunday afternoon it was definately fine weather - until that huge rain shower that is :ohmy:

I met Bono and Edge on the Saturday (30th July) afternoon around 4:00 p.m. ( the paper, Ekstra Bladet, with the photo of myfriend and myself came out the next day i.e. Sunday) and it was warm and sunny at the time. :cool:

If you want to see photos of the back of my head and Edge in the same frame, check out the PLEBA thread 'Copenhagen'! I'm the girl, in the second photo, on the far right with the long red hair!:camera:

wait... so how are you guys figuring out where they stay?.. im seeing them when they come to hartford.

ThomasH said:
I was at the concert as well, but I had no clue where they were staying - and honestly hadn't tried to find out.

Well, it's not that hard - they stay at D'Angleterre every time they're in town... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom