I Met Bono Yesterday (4/5/05)-Greatest Day of my "U2 Life"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjgonzo

Babyface
Thanks to Morris and the info from Interference.com about their sound check time we were lucky enough to be there when Bono and The Edge arrived. They both got out and signed autographs. Bono signed my shirt. I have a picture of it. I don't know how to attach it. I'll have my husband do it later.

He was everything I hoped he would be...generous, sincere, loving, personable. Oh my GOD!!!!! I've been waiting for that day for 21 years. He was the best. He was so kind to every person and he was so genuine. He's truly the greatest! I am blessed:)

But I'm bummed because I was so freaked out about meeting Bono that I stepped out of line and missed getting The Edge's autograph. But I did yell to him as he got out of his SUV and he turned and waved to me.

They're are the BEST! We are all so lucky to love the most generous rock band in the world!

By the way, where do we go to find out the sound check time and their flight arrival info? This awesome guy named Morris said he was getting updates through Interference.com. Please let me know because I'm going to the San Jose show on Saturday and would LOVE to meet them again.

trojanchick99 said:
Wow! Congrats! What time was it? I'm going to the show today, and I want to try to meet the band. Any help would be great!

Again, congrats on meeting Bono!
SAME THING HERE!

What time did they arrive? ANY help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Hi there...

Long time lurker, fan for years. I'm going tonight, wondering the same thing as you guys. Do you think they even have a sound check the second night at the same venue? I'm thinking they'd arrive later than the first night.

Anyone?

Faith said:

SAME THING HERE!

What time did they arrive? ANY help would be great!

Thanks in advance!
OH YEAH, Congratulations on meeting the man and almost The Edge!! It must've been great! I hope to some day (today?!), too!
Congratulations! :dance:

dunno about staples specifically, but they usually arrive sometime between 2-4 pm... get there early, just in case!

good luck!!

great story, jjgonzo! :)

*Ally* said:
dunno about staples specifically, but they usually arrive sometime between 2-4 pm... get there early, just in case!

good luck!!

great story, jjgonzo! :)
Thank you for the information! Does anyone know if they do sound checks at the same venue twice? I would guess so but it's a good question!

Faith said:

Thank you for the information! Does anyone know if they do sound checks at the same venue twice? I would guess so but it's a good question!

i believe that they do... they definitely met fans before the 2nd San Diego show. :)

They arrived about 4:00 pm at Staples on Tuesday.

This leaves them about 15 minutes before "their people" start reminding them about soundcheck.

guess I ain't making the soundcheck, oh well. But I will be on the floor. Maybe I'll see some of you there? I'm wearing my white u2 'Boy' shirt from 20+ years ago, and I'm alone. Maybe they'll pity me and let me in the ellipse?

And what song should come on the radio as I type this? "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

Sorry I didn't check this earlier. I'm a mom and so I'm not at the computer all the time. Anyway, like the other person said they arrived yesterday at 4:00. I was in the G.A. line. But you can go in and out of that line if you arrive early enough. I got in the GA line at 9:00 a.m. and so people really bonded and got to know each other so you could leave your stuff in line and no one would mess with it. I met the most awesome people in line yesterday. It was a great experience. And then at the end of the day I didn't get into the ellipse but I was the first row of people on the outside of the ellipse and the whole band at one point or another walked past as well as Bono stopping to sing right in front of us. It was the perfect day.

Thanks for all the warm congrats. I just LOVE U2 fans even more after this whole experience. We really are good, fun people who want good things to happen. Even if it's not to ourselves:)

Lila64 said:
guess I ain't making the soundcheck, oh well. But I will be on the floor. Maybe I'll see some of you there? I'm wearing my white u2 'Boy' shirt from 20+ years ago, and I'm alone. Maybe they'll pity me and let me in the ellipse?

Congrats on your floor tickets! I've never experienced GA but am SURE you'll have a blast!

jjgonzo said:

But I'm bummed because I was so freaked out about meeting Bono that I stepped out of line and missed getting The Edge's autograph. But I did yell to him as he got out of his SUV and he turned and waved to me.

poor Edge --

guitar players are people too --

Last edited:
Actually Edge hadn't arrived when I stepped out of line. He drove up like 2 minutes later and I lost my place in line to get his autograph. That was my fault. If I knew he was there I would NEVER have left my spot. Patience is the key to that experience.

I was in Montreal four years ago getting tix for the second May show and heard them doing soundcheck in the arena.

SMB

Back
Top Bottom