I met Bono and The Edge!! 18 Year Journey with a Happy Ending!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
WWoWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper::dancing:

After 18 years of loving this band and trying to meet them. My long journey came to a very happy ending! I with a handful of other wonderful U2 fans waited outside Staples Center on tuesday, April 5th. We all stood out by the back in hopes of meeting the boys as they came into soundcheck. After 3 long hours our dreams came true. We all waited behind the metal barriers. I was right in front by the tree. (if anyone has pics of me, I was wearing a straw cowboy hat, charcoal tshirt, jeans and brown bulgaris please email me if you have any: Liams_mom@yahoo.com).
At about 4pm Edge drove up in a black BMW and went down the ramp. Then not too long after Bono came up in a black Yukon SUV pulled up to the driveway and got out and walked toward us. John his bodyguard was with him of course. A few fans rushed up to Bono but stopped and stood by the metal barrier. John assured us to be patient and that he would come up to everyone. I was a nervous wreck of course and just couldn't believe this was happening. I have this great black and white 8x10 of Bono and The Edge from the last tour doing their bullfight. I got this print from our wonderful Otto! It's such an awesome picture! I was able to get both Bono and Edge to sign right below it. Gawd, I can't wait to frame this baby its a beauty.
The only regret I have is not having a conversation with Bono I only managed to say thank you. I have so many converations with him in my head when my opportunity finally came I was just puddle of goo. I am just kicking myself now for not being able to say anything more.
Ladies, these guys are so genuine! Engaging in conversation with lots of fans. Taking their time with just bout everyone. Could I love them anymore? I certainly can! You can see how much they really love being with their fans.
And GAWD...Bono is soooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!:bono: :drool: Upclose and in person his face is just striking! The bone structure, stubble, and freckles! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have these images etched in my mind forever. And Edge :edge: he has the most beautiful porcelain skin and blue eyes! OMG! :ohmy:
I managed to take pics as they were coming up the line but not close ups. When I develop them if any are good I will post them. I was so nervous my hands were shaking a little as I was trying to hold the camera steady.

And thanks again to Morris!! You are the man..with the connections!

I also scanned a pic of their autographs but its not great so I am going to rescan and will upload it here as soon as I can.

Ok...that's it for now...now back to my cloud!....:wink:

Thanks! Rosa!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Carmen it was great seeing you there and talking to you right after that surreal experience!

After that I didn't care about anything including getting into the ellipse or not which I didn't but HAD THE KILLER SPOT ON THE OUTSIDE RAIL just slightly to edge's side. It was the perfect spot. With edge and bono standing right in front of me singing...wowowow I would rather have this spot then inside the ellipse! I have 3 more shows to go to in the fall and that is the spot I will go for.
The most amazing day of my U2 Life!!!

Congratulations Amy! :hug: :hyper:

The only regret I have is not having a conversation with Bono I only managed to say thank you. I have so many converations with him in my head when my opportunity finally came I was just puddle of goo. I am just kicking myself now for not being able to say anything more

I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't think of anything to say other than "Can you sign my shirt?" :reject: But then again, it's great that we even got to be a puddle of goo! :hug:

Last edited:
Wow! :hyper:

I am so happy for everyone that gets to meet :wink:

*crosses fingers it will happen to her too*

Awesome story... can't wait to see your scan! :drool:

:applaud: Congratulations!! :applaud:

All I could say in 2001 after 12 years of trying to meet Bono was "ThankYouThankYouThankYou" :D

U2Fanatic4ever said:

After 18 years of loving this band and trying to meet them. My long journey came to a very happy ending! I with a handful of other wonderful U2 fans waited outside Staples Center on tuesday, April 5th. We all stood out by the back in hopes of meeting the boys as they came into soundcheck. After 3 long hours our dreams came true. We all waited behind the metal barriers. I was right in front by the tree. (if anyone has pics of me, I was wearing a straw cowboy hat, charcoal tshirt, jeans and brown bulgaris please email me if you have any: Liams_mom@yahoo.com).
At about 4pm Edge drove up in a black BMW and went down the ramp. Then not too long after Bono came up in a black Yukon SUV pulled up to the driveway and got out and walked toward us. John his bodyguard was with him of course. A few fans rushed up to Bono but stopped and stood by the metal barrier. John assured us to be patient and that he would come up to everyone. I was a nervous wreck of course and just couldn't believe this was happening. I have this great black and white 8x10 of Bono and The Edge from the last tour doing their bullfight. I got this print from our wonderful Otto! It's such an awesome picture! I was able to get both Bono and Edge to sign right below it. Gawd, I can't wait to frame this baby its a beauty.
The only regret I have is not having a conversation with Bono I only managed to say thank you. I have so many converations with him in my head when my opportunity finally came I was just puddle of goo. I am just kicking myself now for not being able to say anything more.
Ladies, these guys are so genuine! Engaging in conversation with lots of fans. Taking their time with just bout everyone. Could I love them anymore? I certainly can! You can see how much they really love being with their fans.
And GAWD...Bono is soooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!:bono: :drool: Upclose and in person his face is just striking! The bone structure, stubble, and freckles! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have these images etched in my mind forever. And Edge :edge: he has the most beautiful porcelain skin and blue eyes! OMG! :ohmy:
I managed to take pics as they were coming up the line but not close ups. When I develop them if any are good I will post them. I was so nervous my hands were shaking a little as I was trying to hold the camera steady.

I also scanned a pic of their autographs but its not great so I am going to rescan and will upload it here as soon as I can.

AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! It sounds absolutely amazing. I'm sooooo happy for you!!!!!!!! :dance:

kellyahern said:
Congratulations Amy! :hug: :hyper:

I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't think of anything to say other than "Can you sign my shirt?" :reject: But then again, it's great that we even got to be a puddle of goo! :hug:

AMEN TO THAT!!! :yes:

OMG, CONGRATULATIONS AMY!!! :dancing: :applaud:

I am so very happy for you!!!! I CANNOT even imagine how shocked I'd be!!! :combust: Ah....someday I hope. Maybe in Nov!! Now that I know it's possible here in LA! :wave:

So happy for you!!!

Thanks Faith!:wink:

You will have your chance too! Just be patient! And whatever you do don't bum rush Bono's Car or Bono (or any of the other boys) when you see him. Otherwise the boys won't come out to meet and greet! I heard twice so far, once at Anaheim#2 and LA#2 that fans rushed Bono's car and he didn't come out but rushed off into the venue! That just ruins it for everyone!

Thankfully, the fans at LA#1 had some sense. And patience of course. And boy did it pay off! :drool:

FYI TO EVERYONE:
Please people DON'T RUSH UP TO THE CARS/SUVS! Control yourself and be PATIENT!!!... Otherwise the opportunity will never come your way!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

OMG Amy I am so so so so happy for you! And thanks for calling me to tell me all about it too! I think you were still shaking when you called me! I am so jealous! We have to get together before you guys move so please keep in touch and I've also told Gary, he'd like to meet up before you and the hubby shove off for the East coast.....I'm off to San Joe in the morning, I wish I knew who this Morris guy is to give me some pointers on how/when to meet the band.....but we're gonna hang out and give it a try! I will of course let you know if anything happens!

Keep this memory forever in your heart, girl......you waited a long time for it so make it last!

Karen

U2fanatic.... Wow. :ohmy: I can only dream right now of being able to join the "club" you're now a member of. "Jealous"...."Envious"..... "Covetous"..... these don't even BEGIN to describe me!! :eyebrow:

But I'm loving all the Meet & Greet stories, anyway. Congrats on your's U2fanatic!!! :up: :yes:

here's a pic of Bono actually signing my pic..

:drool: :wink:

Bonosigningmypic.jpg

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Thanks Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiya btw!! :wave: How the hec are ya? Haven't heard from ya in long while. :hug:

I'm good just been really busy!

I had a week's worth of training in Kansas City.

wooo!!

:hyper:

I'm so glad that you finally got to meet them. Hooray!

Oh when you finally move in the DC area you can see my son. He's a cutie!

Back
Top Bottom