I met Bono!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
This is amazing. On his way out of Tivoli, in a car, I was the only fan to shut up the press. "See you in Japan" I said, and he looked at me - "Are you coming to Japan? You got tickets?" - "Yes (not really having got them yet, but I am about to), I got tickets. I was Dublin, Milan, Gothenburg and Copenhagen." Bono takes my hand and shakes it. "That's very good going. See you." I give him a little note I wrote about how Electric Co. must be a concert regular, how I'd love to hear Until The End Of The World or Out Of Control in Yokohama, how I wish the band well and how I was the youngest person in the bomb shelter, all sorts of ridiculous nonsense, but it means something in a way. "Please read this, looking forward to see you again." He nods, saying "thanks" or something along the way. No other fans talked to him. No other fans got to shake his hand. He took notice of me. I remember the "are you coming to Japan?"-line so clear. He just looked at me in amazement. Wow. I'll never forget this.

It was great. I did my part for the Danish U2 fan community - publicity-wise :)

I'm crazy, I know.

Re: Re: I met Bono!!!!

Merc said:

Yes, yes we did! :wink:

I didn't notice... Lucky us ;)
I was just so high that I didn't notice, probably. Anyway, this rocks.
I am so up front in Japan.

Hey that's great!! Copenhagen is a wonderful place to meet Bono!! (thinks back to July of last year:drool: ) I think it's very sweet that Bono is still surprised to find out the lengths some of us U2 fans are willing to take to see them live! :wink: To the ends of the earth my friends and our bank accounts!!:lol:

Btw, I haven't even said congrats to you yet, so...

TILLYKKE! :wink:

Was it your first Bono-meeting? :)

God Part III said:
Yeah, it was. Hopefully not the last ;)
But I still have Edge and Larry to go!

Selvfølgelig var det ikke dit sidste møde! Glæd dig til at møde Edge så - han er helt fantastisk! :sexywink:

:dance:
Tænk han har læst hvad vi har skrevet. Jeg bad ham om at spille Out Of Control eller Until The End Of The World i Yokohama... - hvis de gør (og det ikke er standard på setlisten) flipper jeg ud.

God Part III said:
:dance:
Tænk han har læst hvad vi har skrevet. Jeg bad ham om at spille Out Of Control eller Until The End Of The World i Yokohama... - hvis de gør (og det ikke er standard på setlisten) flipper jeg ud.

Ja, det håber jeg da at han har! :)

Jeg krydser fingre for din Yokohama-koncert!!! :yes:

Tak. Krydser fingre for at de snart vender tilbage til Danmark (for vores begges skyld ;) )
Hvis du finder nye billeder må du gerne sige til :)

God Part III said:
Tak. Krydser fingre for at de snart vender tilbage til Danmark (for vores begges skyld ;) )
Hvis du finder nye billeder må du gerne sige til :)

Har fundet et par stykker mere idag - du kan se dem i pleba! :)

Re: Re: Re: I met Bono!!!!

God Part III said:

I didn't notice... Lucky us ;)
I was just so high that I didn't notice, probably. Anyway, this rocks.
I am so up front in Japan.

just gotta wonder---how DO you afford to travel all over for their concerts? I couldn't afford to fly to another province within my country even once!!:mad:

Re: Re: Re: Re: I met Bono!!!!

4EVRU2 said:

just gotta wonder---how DO you afford to travel all over for their concerts? I couldn't afford to fly to another province within my country even once!!:mad:

Actually, I've been saving money for this since September - It's gonna cost me, but it's worth it. I'm not some rich kid who gets all he wants. Hard-earned money is what I'm spending.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I met Bono!!!!

God Part III said:
Actually, I've been saving money for this since September - It's gonna cost me, but it's worth it. I'm not some rich kid who gets all he wants. Hard-earned money is what I'm spending.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom