I filmed IRIS in San Jose!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bort269

War Child
I have 5 seperate video clips of Iris dancing with Bono (from when she gets up on stage all the way until Bono says "This is Iris" at the end)

Anyone know how I can reach her?

For now, you can see the best part of the dance via you sendit, but it's 10MB so it will take a while to download:

just copy the link (but remove the vertical bar | after "you"):

s8.you|sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3018XNZRLZ9VS1KKTZSU5BAKD2

It's well worth it though!!! Just look at the expression on Bono's face when Iris starts to shake it!

My father is from Syria and said "she has to be middle eastern to dance like that!!"

I can also just post all the clips here using you sendit, but those links eventually expire.

Let me know,

---Firas Khatib
U2rules@U2.com

Firas... thank you so much for sharing the clip it looks great! I don't know of anybody here that could tell you Iris's email.. but I could be wrong!

Please post your other clips and we will keep the other links alive! Thanks again!! :hyper:

Jennifer, I can't upload and make another link because I was unable to download it properly.. but don't worry there should be another link soon!

Hey Bort,

I sent Iris your email address, told her about your video clips.

If wants to, she'll get in touch with you.

Link still works (as of 11:45 am California time on Fri 4/29), you'll need Quicktime to view it.

Thanks

Last edited:
got2k9s said:
RATS, I think the link is inactive already.

Can anyone make it active again? I'd love to see this clip - I heard it was wonderful. :yes:

Thanks,
Jennifer

The link is still active, i just checked!

You just copy and paste it, but you have to remove the | before the "sendit"

Or, just copy this:

s8.you

and then add:

sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3018XNZRLZ9VS1KKTZSU5BAKD2

and you should be good!

For some reason if you write "you.sendit" in one word, interference deletes it! :(

I will post links to the other clips later tonight!

Thanks 4U2play! I had filmed Alli the first night in San Jose and she was excited to have the clip, I figured Iris would be too! (unless she was able to find a DVD boot of it already :)

Hey Bort,

Any chance of you uploading the clip of Ally, too?

I could only get one lousy shot of her up there with Bono, would love to see the clip.

Cheers

4U2Play said:
Hey Bort,

I could only get one lousy shot of her up there with Bono, would love to see the clip.

Cheers

sure... but I filmed that one with a different digital camera (better resolution, but MUCH worse sound) and it's all in one file... so it's over 80MB!!

I'll start uploading it now to you.sendit and paste the link in an hour or so (yeah, it takes THAT long!) :)

Hi Firas and Marisa!!! :wave:

Marisa, this is the video clip i've been trying to send you :) . when he uploads it, hopefully it'll work for you! :heart:

And I've yet to receive the entire DVD yet...but I'll keep you posted :)

4U2Play said:
Hey Bort,

Cheers

Wow... I guess my work connection is way quicker than my home one!

Here's Alli's clip (just remove the space between "you" and "sendit"):

http://s6.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0AZUSRLVMNK5W2YNCU84B7NZDS

Again, I apologize for the atrocious sound using this camera... the one I used at the next show has a WAY better microphone (but you can only record 70 second clips)

Enjoy!

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
Hi Firas and Marisa!!! :wave:

Marisa, this is the video clip i've been trying to send you :) . when he uploads it, hopefully it'll work for you!

Hey Alli!

Marisa, let me know if you have trouble downloading it...
If you copy & paste the link (and remove the space) you should get a page that says:

"You have the following file available for download:"

then just click on:

"Click here to download the file now."

and save it to your computer (it might take a VERY long time depending on your connection).

If you have any problems, let me know: U2rules@U2.com

I'll post Iris' other clips later tonight, they are on my home computer.

Take care everyone!

Hey Alli and Firas!! Firas I think i know you? lol. not sure but didnt i see you at the Ipod thing?
Anyways, thanks, I will try downloading tonite!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
My name is Iris. But that wasn't me.

Haha, I thought it was you too. (pun not intended) :wink:

But whoa, that girl dances well! I wish I could dance like that.

bonomofo said:
Firas... thank you so much for sharing the clip it looks great! I don't know of anybody here that could tell you Iris's email.. but I could be wrong!

Please post your other clips and we will keep the other links alive! Thanks again!! :hyper:

Here are all the other clips (all links have a space between "you" and "sendit", just copy & paste and remove that space)

Iris getting up on stage and slow dancing (7.81MB):

http://s19.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3MUJJW7OLLC750TJS5M37LULBM

Iris & Bono walking down the ramp (4.78MB):

http://s19.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UTZZ7UEBHMYE1Y2VYHOOTA93W

Iris dancing (the clip I had previously posted, 10MB):

s8.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3018XNZRLZ9VS1KKTZSU5BAKD2

Iris sitting next to Larry, but is blocked by Bono (4MB):

http://s19.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=11YTHZ4NO84Y12FHJ9X1OYFOGD

Iris getting a kiss from Bono "This is Iris..." (4MB):

http://s19.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=325GJLS8TEPTX1M7YHXB9HOWD1

Enjoy!!!

thank you so much for posting those videos- she is a beautiful girl, and really knows how to shake it! :up:

btw, did you notice bono's REACTION after he asks her name, and she replies "Iris"?? it's in the clip of Iris and Bono walking down the ramp together... i think it affected him a bit to hear that name. :sad:

4U2Play said:
Bort,

You are a stud.

Thanks for all of those excellent clips.

Nick

Hey, my pleasure!!

Thank the good people at you send it.com, back in 2001 for the Elevation tour I filmed plenty of clips but it was much harder to share with others on the net, now it's a piece of cake!

I can post some of the other clips I filmed at the San Jose show if people want, but they aren't as cool as Alli & Iris dancing with Bono!
Congrats again ladies, next time I think I'll go to the show in drag to improve my chances of getting up on the stage ;)

the clip of Alli dancing at San Jose is no longer working... could someone please re-upload it? thank you so much!! :)

*Ally* said:
the clip of Alli dancing at San Jose is no longer working... could someone please re-upload it? thank you so much!! :)

That's weird, it hasn't been 7 days yet...

I'll upload it again...

*Ally* said:

reposted, just remove the space between the "you" and "sendit.com"

http://s8.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0F640Y8QRRV292P8580JETD2SD

bort269, excellent work. Thanks a lot! I forgot to thank you earlier.

*Ally* said:
btw, did you notice bono's REACTION after he asks her name, and she replies "Iris"?? it's in the clip of Iris and Bono walking down the ramp together... i think it affected him a bit to hear that name. :sad:

Oh, that's right. I almost forgot about the coincidence in the name. :(

Back
Top Bottom