I am the Party Girl Man!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Party Girl Man

The Fly
Thank you everyone for your support. It was an unbelieveable experience! I posted a more detailed review on u2tours.com if anyone is interested. I hope everyone enjoyed the song as much as I did!

Thanks for the photos posted. If anyone has any more photos, or audio or video, please email them to me at alinbota [at] gmail [dot] com

Miroslava, please send me your pics. And congrats on your previous stage appearance, and getting Bono to acknowledge you in Pittsburgh. That was very cool!

And yes, the title of the other thread mentioning me was disturbing, so I started this one. :)

-Alin :happy:

I just read your review at u2tours.com.. WOW WOW WOW!!:ohmy: :drool: :drool: What an amazing experience for you! Congrats! A monumental moment of your life I am sure. Great things come to great people. I am sure that video will turn up soon. And more pics too. just keep checking. Stay on that Cloud 9...cuz its a wonderful place to be.

When I met Bono and Edge back in april it took me to that place..that cloud...I am still there..

I have known for 18 years plus why we are so drawn to them and their music. It is pure love for what they are doing and love and sincere appreciation of us, their loyal fans!:wink:

Last edited:
thanks, i had seen those pictures. it still seems very surreal to me! i don't know how i'll get anything done at work today.:laugh:

You were awsome, Party Girl Man! Those are my pics first mentioned above. I cant believe how cool and calm you were, and you played it so well! What did you do with the bottle of champagne? Im only sorry my champagne picture is so blurry.

well, right now the bottle of champagne is sitting on my kitchen counter (it's still about a quarter full!) and I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it.
thanks for the pics!

here's something I didn't mention in the review:
(maybe everyone else already knows this, but I didn't before getting on stage) Bono has a teleprompter that scrolls the lyrics. It's the box directly in front of his microphone to his right. I actually noticed him glancing at it during Miss Sarajevo (b4 I was on stage).
just an interesting bit of info :)

Great job, man! You made my night with your performance.

Here are those pics again just for organization's sake.

party-girl1.jpg

party-girl2.jpg

party-girl3.jpg

party-girl4.jpg

party-girl5.jpg

And by the way: you know that car that blasted Party Girl for you outside the GA entrance area (assuming there was only one that did that)? That was me who opened the door.... :D

Heh, how nervous did you get when Bono asked "Where is that guy who wanted to play Party Girl?" but he was looking in the complete opposite direction?

And pardon me for misspelling your name. :reject:

Last edited:
Yep, this is one of the reasons why we love the boys like we do. Wow, what an experience! Congratulations and enjoy that memory for the rest of your life. Right on :up:

thanks Y2K for playing Party Girl out of your car after the show- that was very cool!

and you're right, it was a terrifying moment when I knew I was being called on stage and they couldn't find me! Someone sent me this great picture of Bono and Edge pointing at me when they did finally spot me (the guy who sent me the picture didn't want it posted).

no worries on the name spelling :lol:

thanks for the pic <3U2!
that was just as I was starting the solo. it was so cool of Edge to let me play it by myself!

I can play a close to flawless Party Girl myself, and I'm reallllllly tempted to steal your bit this Saturday.

:wink:

I can only imagine. I'd hate to just be stealing your act though. I probably won't go through with it.

I really enjoyed your story at U2tours.com.
I was in Dublin when the pulled up a guy on the stage for party girl, everyone was going nuts!

Feck me. "You're mine". I really don't think I'd be able to contain myself if that happened to me, I'd just explode right there and then. Still, well done for staying so freakin' cool about it all.

Can I just ask, what are the chords for Party Girl? Or even better, does someone have a tab? I got one that said Bm and Em, but that just doesn't sound right.

I play it Bm, E, A and it sounds fine. The little solos are extremely easy too.

Wow awsome job!Congrats! My older sis and I were soo impressed with how calm you looked! I would've probably like passed out!:bow: :bow:
The Party Girl Man is my hero forever!:dance:

I had been hoping that once this tour I would get to hear PartyGirl, as I had never seen it performed live before. It was a thrill for me to watch it, I can't imagine how it must have been for you up there. Thanks so much, it was one of the greatest things I have ever experienced at a U2 show!

Alin - did you see LivLuv's pictures of you yet? They are INCREDIBLE! The best I've seen yet.

Great job Alin! I was at the show also and was screaming my head off for ya when you were coming down the ramp. You looked completely at ease up there and sounded great!

Nice job, man! You rocked and I thought Bono really kicked it in to high gear once you went into the solo... didn't think he was going that into it when you started, when he said he didn't know the words, but he did the whole song without the teleprompter so you must have inspired him!

Awesome, man, that was the highlight of the whole show for me.

Can you post a picture of the champagne bottle? Did you see Bono take a chug out of the bottle before he handed it to you?

You were mentioned in the Pittsburgh paper also... they said you looked like John Mayer.

Just read the whole story over at u2tours.com.
shocked2.gif
(little eyes popping out)

Thanks for sharing Alin - and if a video clip pops up, we hope you will share it with us :yes:

Back
Top Bottom