I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonosstagegirl

Babyface
Hello everyone,

I am the girl that at the Minneapolis show had the sign that said "Bono, I lost 75lbs to dance with you" and it was an amazing moment when he pulled me up on stage. I have been a fan for 18 years and I had always dreamed to meeting U2 and earlier in the day I got Bono, Adam, and The Edge's autographs and it was the highlight of my day until I got to be the first on into the elipse and he read my sign and pulled me up on stage. Part of my dilema is I am trying to see if anyone has any pictures of me up there with Bono. If anyone out there does I would be forever greatful if they could send me some. I did get the one that made the front page of the paper the next day and that was amazing.

Thank you

Last edited:
you might want to check in PLEBA for one. There's thread there called 'Bonos Dancing Girls' or something to that affect. Don't know if they got you on there or not. Or you can do a search here if you can. There was a thread:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140800&highlight=minneapolis

Also, be sure to check:www.u2tours.com
www.u2-vertigo-tour.com

Flickr always has tons of pics - you just have to figure out how to search there. I'm sure others may be able to help you better than I can. Good luck and congrats! :applaud:

Bonosstagegirl,

If you'd ever want to write an article about your story for Interference.com, shoot me an email! :)

After losing 75lbs., thank God he pulled you up! You go girl!

Bonosstagegirl said:
Hello everyone,

I am the girl that at the Minneapolis show had the sign that said "Bono, I lost 75lbs to dance with you" and it was an amazing moment when he pulled me up on stage.Thank you

Hi Bonostagegirl

I was there at the show and couldn't believe how quickly he responded to your sign! shows what a gentleman he is. I thought you might get on later maybe like during song 7 or 8. Awesome for you!!
Just wondering what he said to you that we might not have heard over the microphone. I loved the part where he said about irish man not being good at dancing.
Sorry no photos. :( Sure wish I had some!

Re: Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

thankyou said:

Hi Bonostagegirl

I was there at the show and couldn't believe how quickly he responded to your sign! shows what a gentleman he is. I thought you might get on later maybe like during song 7 or 8. Awesome for you!!
Just wondering what he said to you that we might not have heard over the microphone. I loved the part where he said about irish man not being good at dancing.
Sorry no photos. :( Sure wish I had some!

Well first he saw my sign and then a few minutes later in the microphone as he walked past me he said "Hey skinny girl" Then a few mintues later he walked over to the edge of the stage and we all reached out our hands and he grabbed mine and started pulling me towards him. His personal security guy rushed over and started lifting me over the security barracade. He then set me up on the stage and I stood up and he said "We Irish men we can't dance, but we can do a lot of other things" That is when he started dirty dancing with me. He also looked me up and down and said "I am a jealous rock star" When he walked me back to the edge of the stage he said "You're beautiful" he kissed me on the hand and his security guy lifted me back down and put me back in my spot. He did come back to me a few times and blew kisses at me and then he came back again and reached out and kissed me on the hand. It was the best day of my life.

I think if a dance with Bono is incentive enough to lose weight - then Weight Watchers should be using him as a spokesperson instead of Fergie....I know it'd certainly get my arse moving :D

Congrats :up:

MsGiggles said:
I think if a dance with Bono is incentive enough to lose weight - then Weight Watchers should be using him as a spokesperson instead of Fergie....I know it'd certainly get my arse moving :D

that was too funny MsGiggles!!! I thought I was going to die laughing! :laugh:

Re: Re: Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

Bonosstagegirl said:

Well first he saw my sign and then a few minutes later in the microphone as he walked past me he said "Hey skinny girl" Then a few mintues later he walked over to the edge of the stage and we all reached out our hands and he grabbed mine and started pulling me towards him. His personal security guy rushed over and started lifting me over the security barracade. He then set me up on the stage and I stood up and he said "We Irish men we can't dance, but we can do a lot of other things" That is when he started dirty dancing with me. He also looked me up and down and said "I am a jealous rock star" When he walked me back to the edge of the stage he said "You're beautiful" he kissed me on the hand and his security guy lifted me back down and put me back in my spot. He did come back to me a few times and blew kisses at me and then he came back again and reached out and kissed me on the hand. It was the best day of my life.

:drool: If he'd said all those things to me, it wouldn't just be the best say of my life, it would keep me high for years! SO AWESOME!!! hope you found lot's of good photos!! :D

Is this you?

bonominneapolis.jpg

Photo was taken by a J. Drury

So, wait - you lost weight specifically so that you could dance with Bono? Not for your health, or anything like that - just for Bono?

Bonosstagegirl said:
Hello everyone,

I am the girl that at the Minneapolis show had the sign that said "Bono, I lost 75lbs to dance with you" and it was an amazing moment when he pulled me up on stage. I have been a fan for 18 years and I had always dreamed to meeting U2 and earlier in the day I got Bono, Adam, and The Edge's autographs and it was the highlight of my day until I got to be the first on into the elipse and he read my sign and pulled me up on stage. Part of my dilema is I am trying to see if anyone has any pictures of me up there with Bono. If anyone out there does I would be forever greatful if they could send me some. I did get the one that made the front page of the paper the next day and that was amazing.

Thank you

Shade said:
So, wait - you lost weight specifically so that you could dance with Bono? Not for your health, or anything like that - just for Bono?

No, I lost the weight for myself, but I definately used the hope of being on stage with him as a motivator. It still keeps me motivated to lose the last 10lbs that I want to lose.

Shade said:

Even if she says that she did it to dance with him what is wrong with that? Some people need that extra push to help them get through something like that, and someone like Bono is a pretty good thing for. Good for you and i love that pic of you dancing..

I think it's awesome! Congratulations on both the weight loss and dancing with Bono! :applaud: .Think what is about this guy too is that he loves all of the females no matter what their size is. Really sweet though that someone's great accomplishment got noticed by him. Oh and if there were an exercise that involved chasing after Bono than I would be pretty damn thin by now! :giggle:.

BonosBaby12 said:
I think it's awesome! Congratulations on both the weight loss and dancing with Bono! :applaud: .Think what is about this guy too is that he loves all of the females no matter what their size is. Really sweet though that someone's great accomplishment got noticed by him. Oh and if there were an exercise that involved chasing after Bono than I would be pretty damn thin by now! :giggle:.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I had one guy comment in the thread under the tour discussion area that is titled Mpls the brown sign and he said that "I needed to lose another 75lbs before Adam would even look at me" My remark to him which was 100% true was that Adam was the first one to see my sign and he gave me the biggest smile shook his head yes and lipped good job to me. I really do appreciate the nice things you said. It was a huge accomplishment to lose 75lbs in one year.

I know what it's like to struggle with your weight. Im in the process myself of losing weight again. So it really helps when you have the support and encouragement to continue on with it. You are very welcome for the nice things you deserve them :hug: And that's so great that you got sweetness out of Adam too! Awwww great job! :).

I'm sure the guy in Minneapolis was "all that," too -- huh? :mad: That makes me really, really angry. I've struggled with my weight all my life -- I was the "fat kid" in my family. Now, at my age .. ahem way over 40 ahem ... I've finally "gotten it" and have had my weight off for 5 years. I'm not thin by any measure, but I'm where I'm happy with myself and my doctor says I'm a-okay.

Again, congratulations for your accomplishments!

Bonosstagegirl said:

Thanks so much for the kind words. I had one guy comment in the thread under the tour discussion area that is titled Mpls the brown sign and he said that "I needed to lose another 75lbs before Adam would even look at me" My remark to him which was 100% true was that Adam was the first one to see my sign and he gave me the biggest smile shook his head yes and lipped good job to me. I really do appreciate the nice things you said. It was a huge accomplishment to lose 75lbs in one year.

You are AMAZING!!

This is a fantastic story and I hope you are very proud of yourself, which I'm sure you are. :yes: I am proud of you too, and I don't even know you. :giggle:

The picture of you rockin' with B. is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Wow, how many of us wish we had that opportunity! Yeah, you go girl!

And the love from :adam:!!! Totally awesome!

:bow:

Back
Top Bottom