I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 12:09 PM
I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

Hello everyone,

I am the girl that at the Minneapolis show had the sign that said "Bono, I lost 75lbs to dance with you" and it was an amazing moment when he pulled me up on stage. I have been a fan for 18 years and I had always dreamed to meeting U2 and earlier in the day I got Bono, Adam, and The Edge's autographs and it was the highlight of my day until I got to be the first on into the elipse and he read my sign and pulled me up on stage. Part of my dilema is I am trying to see if anyone has any pictures of me up there with Bono. If anyone out there does I would be forever greatful if they could send me some. I did get the one that made the front page of the paper the next day and that was amazing.

Thank you

Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:09 AM
you might want to check in PLEBA for one. There's thread there called 'Bonos Dancing Girls' or something to that affect. Don't know if they got you on there or not. Or you can do a search here if you can. There was a thread:
http://forum.interference.com/showth...ht=minneapolis

Also, be sure to check:www.u2tours.com
www.u2-vertigo-tour.com

Flickr always has tons of pics - you just have to figure out how to search there. I'm sure others may be able to help you better than I can. Good luck and congrats!

Old 10-26-2005, 11:29 AM   #3
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:09 AM
The PLEBA thread is here

http://forum.interference.com/t143235.html

At the top of the thread there are links to the previous Dancing Girls threads - congrats to you!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Bonosstagegirl,

If you'd ever want to write an article about your story for Interference.com, shoot me an email!
Old 10-26-2005, 04:43 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:09 AM
Congrats! I was also at the show and was so happy for you when you got pulled up!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

After losing 75lbs., thank God he pulled you up! You go girl!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:14 AM   #7
I Serve Larry's Stick

Hope you find a picture!!!!! I'd love to see it
Old 10-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #8
War Child

wow.. you were lucky that day!
Old 10-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #9
New Yorker

Okay how did you lose the weight.

I have no will power now
Old 10-27-2005, 10:21 PM   #10
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by youtwohearts
Okay how did you lose the weight.

I have no will power now

Email me and I can fill you in. I can tell you it was major life changes and hard work.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:54 PM   #11
Refugee

Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonosstagegirl
Hello everyone,

I am the girl that at the Minneapolis show had the sign that said "Bono, I lost 75lbs to dance with you" and it was an amazing moment when he pulled me up on stage.Thank you
Hi Bonostagegirl

I was there at the show and couldn't believe how quickly he responded to your sign! shows what a gentleman he is. I thought you might get on later maybe like during song 7 or 8. Awesome for you!!
Just wondering what he said to you that we might not have heard over the microphone. I loved the part where he said about irish man not being good at dancing.
Sorry no photos. Sure wish I had some!
Old 10-28-2005, 06:49 AM   #12
Babyface

Re: Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

Quote:
Originally posted by thankyou

Hi Bonostagegirl

I was there at the show and couldn't believe how quickly he responded to your sign! shows what a gentleman he is. I thought you might get on later maybe like during song 7 or 8. Awesome for you!!
Just wondering what he said to you that we might not have heard over the microphone. I loved the part where he said about irish man not being good at dancing.
Sorry no photos. Sure wish I had some!
Well first he saw my sign and then a few minutes later in the microphone as he walked past me he said "Hey skinny girl" Then a few mintues later he walked over to the edge of the stage and we all reached out our hands and he grabbed mine and started pulling me towards him. His personal security guy rushed over and started lifting me over the security barracade. He then set me up on the stage and I stood up and he said "We Irish men we can't dance, but we can do a lot of other things" That is when he started dirty dancing with me. He also looked me up and down and said "I am a jealous rock star" When he walked me back to the edge of the stage he said "You're beautiful" he kissed me on the hand and his security guy lifted me back down and put me back in my spot. He did come back to me a few times and blew kisses at me and then he came back again and reached out and kissed me on the hand. It was the best day of my life.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:18 AM   #13
War Child

Local Time: 10:09 PM
I think if a dance with Bono is incentive enough to lose weight - then Weight Watchers should be using him as a spokesperson instead of Fergie....I know it'd certainly get my arse moving

Congrats
Old 10-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #14
Refugee

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MsGiggles
[B]I think if a dance with Bono is incentive enough to lose weight - then Weight Watchers should be using him as a spokesperson instead of Fergie....I know it'd certainly get my arse moving

that was too funny MsGiggles!!! I thought I was going to die laughing!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:13 AM   #15
Refugee

Re: Re: Re: I am the girl that lost 75lbs to dance with Bono

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonosstagegirl

Well first he saw my sign and then a few minutes later in the microphone as he walked past me he said "Hey skinny girl" Then a few mintues later he walked over to the edge of the stage and we all reached out our hands and he grabbed mine and started pulling me towards him. His personal security guy rushed over and started lifting me over the security barracade. He then set me up on the stage and I stood up and he said "We Irish men we can't dance, but we can do a lot of other things" That is when he started dirty dancing with me. He also looked me up and down and said "I am a jealous rock star" When he walked me back to the edge of the stage he said "You're beautiful" he kissed me on the hand and his security guy lifted me back down and put me back in my spot. He did come back to me a few times and blew kisses at me and then he came back again and reached out and kissed me on the hand. It was the best day of my life.
If he'd said all those things to me, it wouldn't just be the best say of my life, it would keep me high for years! SO AWESOME!!! hope you found lot's of good photos!!