How much have you spent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2forlife

Refugee
I'm lost between the midnight and the dawning esca
Miro, feel free to move if not right forum.

RT Airfare to Dublin, Ireland: $1000+
Hotel in Dublin, Ireland: US$160+/night
Concert tickets in Dublin, Ireland: $680+
Being able to see U2 on June 24th, June 25th, and June 27th (yes, all three shows), in their hometown: ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!

Thank goodness for Mastercard. :wink:

Plane ticket from Cork to Dublin: €11 (I Don't have to pay it also)
Accomadation in Dublin: €0 (staying with my Dad)
Tickets to June 24th & 27th: €170 (don't have to pay as they are b'day presents)

thankgoodness for parents :wink:

u2forlife said:
Miro, feel free to move if not right forum.

RT Airfare to Dublin, Ireland: $1000+
Hotel in Dublin, Ireland: US$160+/night
Concert tickets in Dublin, Ireland: $680+
Being able to see U2 on June 24th, June 25th, and June 27th (yes, all three shows), in their hometown: ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!

Thank goodness for Mastercard. :wink:

If they are honoring my same rate to you, then it is only $85.00 per night in Dublin :D

And ugh... let's see:

Once all is said and done, by December I probably would have spent about $4500.00 - $5000.00 to see U2 11 times in 7 venues in 3 countries so not too, too bad considering this is my vacation for the year and all that... Thankfully MOST of this is already paid for (except for Dublin hotel and Dublin 3 ticket)

Still

:ohmy: :der: :crack: :crazy:

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
There are a lot of wealthy people in this forum.

I think a lot of people wished they were wealthy in this forum... I know I am personally not. I am by no means poor, but could I afford to do this every year? Hell no. This is my vacation for the year and I have cut back on expenses such as going to the bar, etc. I guess it is just a combination of good fortune, savings, and sheer craziness :wink:

These are the shows I've gone to:

4/20 Denver - $180
4/21 Denver - $160

Shows I've got tix for (all seats):

10/11 MSG - $210 little above face
10/14 MSG - $360 ETS platinum
10/16 Philly - $250 great seat above face
10/17 Philly - $160 great seat

Shows I might get tix for:

10/28 Houston
One of the Atlanta shows?

So $1320 on tickets so far total. Denver hotel/airfare worked out to be about $300 total I think. The NYC/Philly concerts are actually part of one big trip - about $250 for airfare plus big hotel cost which will be shared with friends that are going to the shows. All in all, WAY TOO much money.

But 'ya only live once right!

Let's see...

Phoenix I - 60
Phoenix II - 100
Hotel + Air (Denver-Phoenix) = 355

Denver I - 120
Denver II - 120
Hotel = 190

$945... not bad.

So far, I spent $80 for my Chi I ticket and $175 for my Chi II ticket. Lodging was free b/c we stayed w/ relatives and drove there. If I had to pay for airfare and hotels as well, there's no WAY I'd be going to ANY concerts.

I've decided to see Detroit II w/ a friend which will be face value + fees ($65) for that ticket, no cost for lodging (camping out) or travel (got a ride).

I'm also planning on Chicago I and II of the fall leg. I'm assuming I'll have to buy scapled tickets for $150 each. Again, no airfare or lodging costs. We'll be camping!

Total for 5 concerts = $620

OK, so that's a bit much, but I'm glad I've written checks/paid cash for all of these tickets ('cept the fall Chi ones which I'm buying at the end of this month after my next big paycheck w/ summer pay raise). No credit cards here!

Ummm.....

Boston 5/28 4 tickets $1,200
Boston 10/4 2 tickers $320
Boston 12/4 4 Tickets $640

All told...too much...lol:wink:

Miroslava said:

I think a lot of people wished they were wealthy in this forum... I know I am personally not. I am by no means poor, but could I afford to do this every year? Hell no. This is my vacation for the year and I have cut back on expenses such as going to the bar, etc. I guess it is just a combination of good fortune, savings, and sheer craziness :wink:

We're about the same. I'm 11 shows, 8 venues, 2 countries between March 28 and December 10 :D

And this is also all of my vacation time for the year. I stopped going out to lunch during the week months ago. Aside from Star Wars, which my brother paid for anyways, I haven't been to a movie or anything else in months either. I've completely sacrificed everything I know in order to see U2. I've had a lot of quiet and lonely Saturday nights the past few months but it's helped out a lot towards my U2 tour fund. If I had more time off of work I would have gone to more shows. I put every cent of my taxes and my entire bonus check towards all of this. When the year is over Visa is going to make a killing off of me :scream: Then again it's always been my dream to be able to have a year like this so I'll deal with my Visa bill next year. So far I've had the time of my life at the 4 shows I've been to. The experiences I've had so far are priceless and I have 7 more shows to go!

arw9797 said:

We're about the same. I'm 11 shows, 8 venues, 2 countries between March 28 and December 10 :D

My tour finishes in Cleveland too :hyper:

arw9797 said:

And this is also all of my vacation time for the year.

I stopped going out to lunch during the week months ago.

I've had a lot of quiet and lonely Saturday nights the past few months but it's helped out a lot towards my U2 tour fund.

:yes:, :yes: and :yes:

Last edited:
I've given up happy hours, going out on Saturdays and even consuming too much coffee at Starbucks.

I've also given up some tickets so I could go to the shows I really want.

So...12 shows for me this year :ohmy:. It ends in Portland, OR. :) The highlight of course, is two Dublin shows this month, with an 11-day vacation in Ireland. I dare not quantify it (yet :D ) ...it'll just scare me. :crazy:

Last edited:
so far $0 :lol:

BUT

when they come to Australia

a trillion dollars will be spent!

I have $1500 in my U2WOO account (and yes that what its called! lol) and i still have what give or take 8 months till they get here? so thats an extra $3200.

bring. it. on.

hahahahaha!

and i agree, money is money, but memories and u2 are priceless. :)

I paid 125 € for my ticket in Brussels. Transportation was arranged by a friend of mine and so for free... I've been pretty lucky so far. Hopefully I will win a contest (yeah right!) to go to one of the shows in Dublin.

Back
Top Bottom