How early did GA's line up at your venue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spanisheyes74

The Fly
There's a debate brewing among the 6 of us who are going to the Dallas show.
Some think its not necessary to get in line 8+ hours before showtime..some of us do.

So tell me, how early did you see folks with GA passes lining up? And if you didn't get into the ellipse, how far back did you end up ?

5/9, 5:45am day of, #74, second row outside the ellipse

9/20, 3pm the day before, #8, front row, just left of center outside the ellipse

9/21, right after the 9/20 show (~midnight), #44, front row, far right outside the ellipse

10/20, 10:30pm the night before, #4, front row center inside the ellipse

10/24, 6:45pm the day of, no number, back of the floor but then asked for wristbands, ended up on the outer rail inside the ellipse

10/25, 8:00am the day of, #21, front row just left of center inside the ellipse

My cousin waited from 1030 the night before Philly I. We were 2 3 4 in the non-fanclub line and we were at the tip of the ellipse on the outside, a GREAT spot to be. We also were in Pitt on sat. and we got there at 3 in the morning and got the same spot so it does depend.

In DC I was in the ellipse standing next to number 7 who had been in line for hours, and I just arrived at 7 PM. It's really, really all luck.

5/22 Philly - lined up at 8am, ended up 1 person behind front row centre inside the ellipse

9/12 Toronto - 9:30am, 1 person behind front row outer tip of ellipse, right in front of the LAPOE drum

9/14 Toronto - walked in at 8:45 pm, stood near the soundboard loved it

9/16 Toronto - walked in after 8 pm, about 4 people back inside the ellipse to the right of Bono

9/17 Toronto - walked in at 9:15pm, stood near the soundboard with the VIPs

10/8 New York - 6pm - 3 people back of the outer tip, Edge's side (perfect Electric Co territory ;) )

10/22 Pittsburgh - 1pm - 1 person back of front row centre, inside the ellipse

10/24 Detroit - 2pm - 1 person back of front row centre, inside the ellipse

10/25 Detroit - 2pm - front row on the rail, Adam's position, inside the ellipse

:lol:

:lol:

omg....thats hilarious...alot of cleavage....you mean moobies??

oh im dying here....

and SpanishEyes...if you are the same SpanishEyes that was posting in the pic thread yesterday

:drool: :combust: :faint:

Just smile, thats all you have to do, just smile :wink:

MOOBIES? :lol:

well, the reason I'm worried is because my group are being a bunch of buttheads and they don't want to wait in line to try and secure the rail :rant: I have a feeling I'm gonna end up waaaaaaaaaay in the back of the floor :scream: unless someone has pity on me and gives me an ellipse band :cute:

Spanisheyes74 said:
sorry, having a blond moment here

line buddy? :scratch:

heh

I met someone on Interference who was going to Pittsburgh. She needed a friend to keep her company in line, I needed a ticket. It worked out great. The deal was if she scanned, I went in with her, and if I scanned, I took her in.

She scanned! :)

And the rest, as they say, is history.

A great start to an amazing weekend which culminated in Bono asking me onstage.

Moral of the story....I dunno...lol...ok Im weird..

:wink:

the moral of the story should be :

look for the mexican gal wearing the rhinestone u2 shirt and bring her into the ellipse with ya :flirt:

haha Mira!

at this point, i'm trying to decide what's more important...staying near the spouse or staying near Bono...hmmmmmmmm

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?! :huh:

Spanisheyes74 said:
haha Mira!

at this point, i'm trying to decide what's more important...staying near the spouse or staying near Bono...hmmmmmmmm

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?! :huh:

well, you see your spouse every day... how often are you in the vicinity of the B-man??? :wink:

just kidding... if i were you, i'd just walk in with your big group of friends IN A ROW (all scan at the same computer!). if there are enough of you, hopefully ONE of you will scan- then just make sure that person takes you!!

good luck and have fun!! :up:

From what I've seen, if the person in front of you scans, within say 3 people, you arent going to scan.

All 3 times this past wknd, someone scanned about 8-10 people in front of me....Mark didnt...I did...and then people behind me did not..so it seems to be random?

I know it's been reported, but did you see kids automatically become ellipse-worthy? I plan to line up in the morning sometime with my daughter (as many of you know by now). So I'm hoping for the best... :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom