Helped into the Bomb Helter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stargift

The Fly
My brother and myself was in the GA section, but all the way back against the rail for the mixing board area.We were about 2 minutes into the show. When we saw U2's manager Paul McGuiness standing next to us. We had met him about 4 years ago (another story) and my brother brought that up to him and asked if he could give both of us bands for the bomb shelter. He did! So we were about 5 feet from Adam!! It was a great show.

Lucky you! I've seen Paul interacting with fans at other concerts, though never met him myself, and he seems as genuinely nice as the rest of the guys :)

In Ellipse LA2

I was in the Ellipse for LA2 (nov. 2) and he was in between the walkway and the barrier right behind me, so I leaned over and asked if he was planning on adding any more us dates and he said, yes, maybe in 2006!

Here's to a 4th leg!

Later

stargift said:
My brother and myself was in the GA section, but all the way back against the rail for the mixing board area.We were about 2 minutes into the show. When we saw U2's manager Paul McGuiness standing next to us. We had met him about 4 years ago (another story) and my brother brought that up to him and asked if he could give both of us bands for the bomb shelter. He did! So we were about 5 feet from Adam!! It was a great show.

Trying not to be jealous here :madspit: ,but you're SOOOOOO LUCKY!!! Ok, I'll swallow my envy now!! :mad: No, actually truly happy for your good fortune! What an awesome thing to have happen to you. I just hope I'll run into Paul one day too.

By the way what's the story about meeting Paul 4 yrs ago? Go ahead and tell. He's so cool.

Re: In Ellipse LA2

leehowardblair said:
I was in the Ellipse for LA2 (nov. 2) and he was in between the walkway and the barrier right behind me, so I leaned over and asked if he was planning on adding any more us dates and he said, yes, maybe in 2006!

Here's to a 4th leg!

Later

OH GOD, LET IT BE!!! :hyper:

I also got some help getting into the ellipse, not from McGuiness though! We were at the back along the soundboard and a few minutes before U2 came on, I asked a girl for wristbands and she said Eep and I could have one.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I also got some help getting into the ellipse, not from McGuiness though! We were at the back along the soundboard and a few minutes before U2 came on, I asked a girl for wristbands and she said Eep and I could have one.

Seems like the soundboard area is the place to hang out then and act really nice to anyone connected with working for the show! Gonna have to remember that one! :sexywink:

thankyou said:

Seems like the soundboard area is the place to hang out then and act really nice to anyone connected with working for the show! Gonna have to remember that one! :sexywink:

Yeah. Actually, I didn't even have to act nice or anything. I was with a friend who sort of knows some of U2 crew (just by having gone to so many concerts) and before we got in the ellipse, one of those guys brought her a pair of Larry's drumsticks. Then she was saying how there's usually people w/ extra ellipse bands dressed in black. I said at that point I was shameless and would ask for some if she would point out these people to me. Just a minute or two later, this girl walks by and my friend says "there's one" and without hesitation I walked up to her and said, "excuse me, do you have any ellipse wristbands?" She looked at me and said she did, but not many and asked how many I wanted and I said, "oh, just two". She asked me to point out my friend and I did, then she put them on and we were off! I didn't have to small talk or try to be nice or anything, I just asked politely and that was it. :D

There was also a guy handing them out, but he was looking around people's legs like he was looking for small kids. I was going to ask him, but I saw another guy ask first and he said no, so we assumed his bands were for kids and waited until we saw the other lady.

Re: In Ellipse LA2

leehowardblair said:

Here's to a 4th leg!

Later

Yipee - If they are adding MORE dates for the US then hopefully the UK will get a few more!!!! I am so pinning for the band at the moment

Lisa

How cool is it that evidently they are looking for kids in the crowd to put in the elipse so they dont get hurt or crushed and can actually see their likely first u2 concert

I wondered how soooo many damn kids got in the elipse lol

Back
Top Bottom