Got Bono at Park Hyatt pics May 12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teafoe3D

Babyface
Hi. I was wondering if anyone who was at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Chicago on the afternoon of May 12 when Bono came out to greet fans and sign things, might have a picture of that occasion?
Thanks!

I saw some somewhere :scratch:
Check U2tours.com, u2neophobia.com, and the photo threads/forums on here.
Great show! I couldn't go to the Park Hyatt but maybe in the Fall!

i have some.....we were standing on the east side of the entrance. We were standing at the end so Bono came up to us. We had a magazine with Oasis on the cover. Bono got really excited when he saw it. He drew shades on Liam and wrote "We luv u" and signed his name. He also signed my PoP album cover and a few other things. When he came over I asked him if he heard the new Oasis single and he said that he loved it. I then asked him if they'd ever tour together and he said that he hoped so. While he was signing my PoP album i told him that PoP is a very underrated and brialliant record. He looked up and seemed genuinely happy and said thanks....so that's my little story....i got a couple of good pics......oh earlier that same day, i also got a chance to meet adam and his tech stuart, got a pic with gavin (REALLY cool/nice guy), and said hello to Paul McGuinness as he walked right past me and my friend. so that's my little story....oh yea, also met the Edge outside the hotel on 5/8

U2One said:
i have some.....we were standing on the east side of the entrance. We were standing at the end so Bono came up to us. We had a magazine with Oasis on the cover. Bono got really excited when he saw it. He drew shades on Liam and wrote "We luv u" and signed his name. He also signed my PoP album cover and a few other things. When he came over I asked him if he heard the new Oasis single and he said that he loved it. I then asked him if they'd ever tour together and he said that he hoped so. While he was signing my PoP album i told him that PoP is a very underrated and brialliant record. He looked up and seemed genuinely happy and said thanks....so that's my little story....i got a couple of good pics......oh earlier that same day, i also got a chance to meet adam and his tech stuart, got a pic with gavin (REALLY cool/nice guy), and said hello to Paul McGuinness as he walked right past me and my friend. so that's my little story....oh yea, also met the Edge outside the hotel on 5/8

Wow! You just needed Larry to make it perfect! :applaud:

U2One said:
....oh yea, also met the Edge outside the hotel on 5/8

so did I! We must have been there at the same time. It was about 7:30 PM and not too many people waiting around. My avatar is from that night.

Bono at the Hyatt

Hi U2One. You are very lucky that Bono took the time to chat with you at the hotel that afternoon of the 12th. There were a lot people there, including me. Maybe your comment to Bono about the POP album inspired 'himself'. Apparently, according to Terri Hemmert this morning on WXRT, U2 plan to revisit POP and perhaps rerecord it.
Back at the Hyatt, I was the guy handing out postcards for the U2/3D exhibit here in Chicago. I hope I gave you one. I was able to give one to Bono before his departure.
Someone that I had given a postcard to thanked me profusely afterward, as he showed it to me with Bono's bold signature emblazened on it. I was thrilled for the guy.
I would be grateful to have a picture or two that you took that afternoon, as a momento. I'd be happy to give you a 3D photo from my exhibit in exchange.
Cheers - Daniel
Please email my in my studio at Teafoe3D@aol.com
Thanks!

Re: Bono at the Hyatt

Teafoe3D said:
I was the guy handing out postcards for the U2/3D exhibit here in Chicago.

haha that's funny....on 5/10 at the concert outside the arena one of the homeless guys asking for a handout was trying to sell me one of those cards saying they were backstage passes. :rolleyes: :giggle:

U2One said:

Hey, I was standing right next to you! I'm the dark haired girl--we talked a little. here i am:
bonospawonme.jpg

Great story!

Last edited:
ruffian, i do remember talking to you, ruth, and khelia. you were all very cool people and it was nice meetin you. you were the one who told bono that he gave you a cold, right?? it was cool seeing that on good morning america. arw9797, yea i think edge came out around 6:30 that night. that was really cool. didnt get a picture with him, but shook his hand and got him to sign a few things. he actually seemed kinda shy. and teafoe3d, you did give me one of those little flyers or whatever they were. i actually still have it and might head over to check out that exhibit since i live in chicago. i haven't scanned my pics yet, but will let you know once i do...

Hi U2One. It would be nice if you came to see my exhibit.
In the Red Eye, on Monday May 16, my exhibit was featured in the "BestBets" column and they printed the picture that is featured on the postcard. (I handed out more than 800 postcards to U2 fans during that week they were here. I even gave Bono one.)

Back
Top Bottom