Good photos of San Jose 1 & 2 from inside the Bomb Shelter, plus meeting Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
Hi everyone,

Someone told me about this site, thought I'd share my photos from San Jose.

Click on the link below to view.

The pictures from Saturday include meeting Bono before the show.

The pictures from Sunday include shots of the Kings Of Leon, and fellow fans inside the bomb shelter.

Photos from the San Jose 1 & 2 shows:

http://community.webshots.com/user/deserttrails-date

Please feel free to download, print or share any or all of the photos that you want... I didn't copyright any of them, so no problem.

Their servers are slow, so please be patient while the photos download, especially if you're on dial-up.

fantastic photos- thank you so much for sharing them! and i love how you have captions- very helpful and entertaining!!! :)

Aw, great Ally, thanks for the kind words.

It was really hard trying to keep my little camera still while 300 crazy U2 fans were jumping up and down all around me.

LMPA, yeah that 4-9 show was fantastic. Are you going to any of the Oakland shows?

Just a reminder, in case it isn't obvious: Click on each photo to enlarge them.

Someone just emailed me about that, sorry.

Sicy, your pics are awesome!

You must've been standing just to the left of us, "Edge Side". Your shots of Bono with the prayer beads and the blindfold are superb.

hey 4u2play, i was right in front of you!!! i'm the 18 year old guy that was with his dad in the front row. were you the guy that yelled "YOU SUCK" to Kings of Leon? it was someone by you, hella funny :wink: if you have more pictures from 4/9 that you didn't upload to webshots i'd love to see them, please email me at: nuke126@gmail.com

ps. i'm glad i found this pic, because that's my fist!
320657476bxtUlC_ph.jpg

Wow, great pics-there's one in there from when Bono gave my girlfriend a hug! She'll be happy to see that one.

Great Photos, looks like a great time! (Bono dosen't have a little daughter, two older daughters and two young sons, his youngest boy might have long blond hair, might look like a girl)

Seajewel, thanks for the info regarding that photo of Bono's little son (not his daughter).

I'll update the caption on that photo pronto, hate to be innaccurate!

4U2play, those are amazing shots! I was so happy to see the Bono lipstick shot from 4/10 cause we had a crappy disposable camera and the one shot we took of this didn't come out all that well (that was my lipstick, I was right in front of Bono on the rail so maybe 4 or 5 people to the right of you). I now have a great photo to add to the lipstick shrine. Thanks again for posting!

Bratty_Cat,

I listed your interference.com nickname under that photo of Bono using your lipstick... do you still have it?

Nuke126,

Howdy! Yeah, I remember you! I was wondering why you were shoving your cellphone in front of my head for 20-second photos... didn't realize you were filming them!

Those video clips of yours are epic, I've downloaded them and watched them about 100 times each already, really gives a great perspective of the view and sound we had. Your dad is cool.

See you guys in Oakland

Last edited:
4U2Play said:
Bratty_Cat,

I listed your interference.com nickname under that photo of Bono using your lipstick... do you still have it?

Do I still have the lipstick? Yes, he tossed it back to me after he used it (can't believe I caught it, felt like a million hands were grabbing for it).

All your pix of both shows are amazing, the picture of him putting it on is my wallpaper at work!

Are you doing GA for both Oakland shows? During the Elevation tour, they didn't let me bring my camera in, hoping that policy changes for the fall.

Bratty Cat,

Yeah, I'll be at both Oakland shows, GAs already in hand.

Bring a good digital camera with a strong flash, I'll bring my chapstick.

Last edited:
RedLiteGreyMorn said:
Awesome pics - U2SJ and I are in the rail shot! :ohmy:

320656426GoLpmw_fs.jpg

great thread.:)

so many famliar faces.

if i were bono..it would b hard to decide who next to pull up.

:hug:i suspect his heart strings are tugged at each time he sees recognizable faces.

db9

Hi Doggie,

We arrived at the San Jose Arena at 12:30 pm, snagged the GA line wristbands (#247 + 248), set up our folding chairs in the appropriate spot, then went around to the loading dock to wait for the guys to show up, which they finally did after three hours.

Waiting in the GA line was pleasant and orderly, the SJ Arena staff kept out of our faces, not too many cutters, the U2 line Nazis didn't try to boss anyone around... no worries.

I'm just hoping the Oakland Arena staff are just as competent (and the Vegas staff and the Portland staff!)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom