GA is NOT for people who........ - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 08:59 PM
GA is NOT for people who........

are below 5'6"? Have had knee surgery? Please fill me in on the GA experience and what the general qualifications are to survive.
I'd love to hear some experiences. Good and Bad.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:59 AM
Those who pee on the floor or in bottles.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:59 AM
Those people who pee on me. Yes, I was peed on.
I didn't think that'd happen so far up. Razorlight was halfway through their set, and some old fat guy peed on me in his drunkenness. I swear, if he'd done that during U2, I'd hit him. Hard.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Old 02-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm 5'5 and a half and I haven't had terrible problems seeing when I have been a few rows from the front--really just depends on who is in front of you. Regarding the knee issue: you should be prepared, at a stadium show, to stand for at least four hours. You can sit between the opener and U2, and sit right up until the opener if people around you will tolerate it, but really, there's just lots of standing. Also, you'll be standing for at least an hour when the GA line gets ready to go into the venue. If your knee causes you pain when you stand for long periods, then obviously you should consider that.

People who don't do well in the GA: those who can't stand crowds (duh, I know that is rather obvious), people who have a hard time tolerating heat, and people who are used to a pretty sedentary lifestyle. I've never been shoved or pushed much (except at the opener in San Diego) so that has not been a big issue. You should be prepared to get kinda dirty at an outdoor show...lots of stepping through spilled beer and god-knows-what on the way out, not very clean places to sit (bring a trash bag wadded up in your pocket--good for rain or sitting). All in all, I love GA shows. Can't imagine not doing it, even though it's exhausting!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
I really need to start going to Shapes .
Old 02-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by God Part III
I didn't think that'd happen so far up. Razorlight was halfway through their set, and some old fat guy peed on me in his drunkenness. I swear, if he'd done that during U2, I'd hit him. Hard.
I'd friggin give him a king hit him anyway!
Old 02-05-2006, 08:17 PM   #8
The Fly

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ruffian
I'm 5'5 and a half and I haven't had terrible problems seeing when I have been a few rows from the front--really just depends on who is in front of you. Regarding the knee issue: you should be prepared, at a stadium show, to stand for at least four hours. You can sit between the opener and U2, and sit right up until the opener if people around you will tolerate it, but really, there's just lots of standing. Also, you'll be standing for at least an hour when the GA line gets ready to go into the venue. If your knee causes you pain when you stand for long periods, then obviously you should consider that.

People who don't do well in the GA: those who can't stand crowds (duh, I know that is rather obvious), people who have a hard time tolerating heat, and people who are used to a pretty sedentary lifestyle. I've never been shoved or pushed much (except at the opener in San Diego) so that has not been a big issue. You should be prepared to get kinda dirty at an outdoor show...lots of stepping through spilled beer and god-knows-what on the way out, not very clean places to sit (bring a trash bag wadded up in your pocket--good for rain or sitting). All in all, I love GA shows. Can't imagine not doing it, even though it's exhausting!
Great info.....Mahalo.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 01:59 AM
GA is NOT for people who........

Have bladder problems. Holy mackeral - I was up against the rail 3x and the more I knew I couldn't go pee the more I needed to!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #10
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 11:59 PM
Peed on? OMG that is just SOOOOO Gross! If I saw someone peeing I'd probly go a bit ballistic! Seriously, that is just so so wrong...drunk OR sober! In a crowd like that,

In my experience...and I don't like heat, humidity, or crowds, nor am I that "fit".... with bad knees to boot (altho I don't have the weak bladder problem)...... I was pushed in GA once but went to the side rail where we'd parked my sister who was in a wheelchair with crutches (she'd broken her ankle a month before the show and of course we'd had our GA tix for months so were not about to give them up!) and had no problems from there. Actually the view was a LOT better from there....we could SEE the stage without getting cricks in our necks and ALL of the guys came past us on the ramp there.....we got some awesome pics and Bono sang SYCMIOYO right in front of me. THAT was a highlight! I'd take the same spot again. Or somewhere in the back. I've not done GA in stadium tho.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:02 AM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

people actually peed on the floor in europe? classy.

if you're doing GA just don't drink and make sure you pee plenty of times before ya head in... if you're in the ellipse you can pee and still get back to your spot, as long as you're not in the front center.

that's disgusting
Old 02-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by God Part III

EEWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I would have smacked that gobshite silly if he had done that to me!

Old 02-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ruffian

That pretty much covers it!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:23 PM   #14
Refugee

Location: Looking for a sound that's gonna drown out the world
I never thought that someone might pee on me at a concert.
That's just not something I would ever expect. If it happened to me, the guy that did it would regret the day he was ever born.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #15
Refugee

Local Time: 06:59 AM
I for one say it is Definetly NOT for people less than 5'6-that would be Me! Ugh- can't see nothin'g but the head in front of me!