Feelings on Hartford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am still recovering from the cold temps last night but the band put on a good show. My brother and I were 2nd row behind the rail (center) on the outside of the elipse. Highlights for me were Gloria, Stuck in a Moment (just because Edge was playing right in front of me), and OOTS. Species is the best song off the album and they have nailed it live after trying to find it in the beginning of the tour. I now know that many of you find this lame now butI had made a sign that said ME+U2=BEST CRUMBS....I was hoping to get on stage and play the song. I told the fans around and behind me that I would be holding up the sign during the show but I would not be a nusaince. I brought it up only during Love and Peace, Streets, and Stuck (I didn't keep it up the whole time either) Thanks to the great fans around me who tried to help me. Bono saw the sign after "stuck" and mouthed to me-not tonight. This is cool because they had another agenda for John Lennon. I felt sad because I might not see this band for another 4 years....thanks guys for the love and faith you bring all of us.

I was right near you! I was on the right side, front row. Actually, I think I was standing behind you in line for the whole day. We were the ones handing out candy.

I saw your sign. I got into the elipse for the first time, which was surreal! Crumbs would have been great, but the John Lennon tribute was cool.

withoutyou14 said:
I was right near you! I was on the right side, front row. Actually, I think I was standing behind you in line for the whole day. We were the ones handing out candy.

thanks the candy was damn good...........my brother and I enjoyed the candy.

i saw your sign, too. i was incredibly lucky yesterday. i scored a ga off ticketmaster, and i got scanned into the ellipse. there was SO much room in there. i was all over that mother-fucker. i got right out to the tip of the ellipse for love and peace and stuck in a moment. incredible! i'm so exhausted from sheer excitement.

Hey Swan! I was right in front of you with my four friends, I'm the one with the red hair. Thanks for being cool neighbors on the floor with us, too bad we had some not so hot neighbors who pushed their way up. We all passed on the ellipse to be the first on the floor and grab that spot (gave our scan to the girls who were near us in line) and weren't too psyched to have to miss half of Streets because of some idiots behind us. But hey. Love and Peace rocked my world.

Thanks for the candy withoutyou14. That twix saved me.

Right on! One of you guys had a BC sweatshirt on. I was going to give you a "go eagles!", but I was busy studying for the BC Law exam that I had to take today after hauling back up after last night's show. By some miracle, it actually went ok. It's a good thing I have my priorities straight...

Let me know if you guys have any good photo links, especially Elevated:2001. I always love the shots where you can see yourself in the crowd.

Rest up everyone, no more urban winter camping...

I saw you

I was sitting behind the stage and I saw your sign. I'm sorry you never got to go on stage. The concert was rocking though!!! I saw them three times in Boston and I have to say that the crowd in Hartford was better!

LisaU2 said:
Hey Swan! I was right in front of you with my four friends, I'm the one with the red hair. Thanks for being cool neighbors on the floor with us, too bad we had some not so hot neighbors who pushed their way up. We all passed on the ellipse to be the first on the floor and grab that spot (gave our scan to the girls who were near us in line) and weren't too psyched to have to miss half of Streets because of some idiots behind us. But hey. Love and Peace rocked my world.

You guys were great!......so polite, but most U2 fans are....I am just glad that those people got the boot. they SUCKED so bad but you couldn't beat L and P right in front of us, Stuck was also very very good, I can't say I got on stage with them but at least Bono acknowleged me.

Re: I saw you

lemon_pop said:
I was sitting behind the stage and I saw your sign. I'm sorry you never got to go on stage. The concert was rocking though!!! I saw them three times in Boston and I have to say that the crowd in Hartford was better!

Wow, I didn't think the sign was that big but I guess that it was if you could see it from there. I am not sad I didn't get on stage but I would have kicked myself if I didn't at least try. I had practiced that song for a month!

LisaU2 said:

Oh! I very much enjoyed the redheads for adam poster. And the fact that you all have been to 108 concerts combined. JEALOUS!

We brought a crazy amount of candy because we expected to be freezing our asses off. I was so excited we got to wait in the lobby instead.

LisaU2 said:
Right on! One of you guys had a BC sweatshirt on. I was going to give you a "go eagles!", but I was busy studying for the BC Law exam that I had to take today after hauling back up after last night's show. By some miracle, it actually went ok. It's a good thing I have my priorities straight...

Let me know if you guys have any good photo links, especially Elevated:2001. I always love the shots where you can see yourself in the crowd.

Rest up everyone, no more urban winter camping...

Ha, that was me. I am a big eagles football fan and my family has seasons tickets. Although my family is a little surprised I'm not applying there, but I'm looking for a college maybe a little bit smaller.

Hope the law exam went well!

I was so pumped for this show and can honestly say that I LOVED every minute of it, even more than the May and October MSG shows for a few reasons.

1. My seat was great (SEC 115, right on the aisle on Adam's side). Outstanding view of the stage, screens and lights. No one to my left to bump into while dancing in my little space. My knees and quad muscles still hurt from all the dancing I did.

2. Although I wasn't seated with friends, we spent the evening inside McKinnon's Pub before (and closed it after) the show. They were kind enough to run the Chicago DVD beforehand which set the table nicely. A liquid dinner was also an unexpected treat.

3. The crowd was fantastic. It was physically impossible to NOT sing every word of every song. They also played "Gloria", for which I was grateful to hear again. Absolutely over the moon!

4. The boys (esp. Bono) were in a GREAT mood. I felt as though he really enjoyed himself last night. Smiles all around.

5. First time I heard a "Rock the Casbah" snippet. Also, nice tributes to John Lennon and an "Instant Karma" encore that the crowd sucked up, including me.

6. The moment with the little boy during the sons of Abraham speech. When Bono ever heard that his name was Jacob, the look on his face was priceless.

7. On the subject of speeches, Bono definitely had the self-edit button on and kept them to a minimum. I found that highly enjoyable compared to some of the other shows where he goes on (a bit too often sometimes).

8. On the subject of Bono, his voice was MINT last night. (He also stopped on the ellipse right in front of me during "Until The End of The World" for what seemed like 10 seconds while we sang toward each other.) Freeze frame....:drool:

9. Finally getting to see a show start to finish this tour. (I saw the last two at MSG and had to leave to catch the train home before the last few songs were up). Ending with "40" took me back to my first show over 20 years ago at that same Civic Center.

I've read some reviews elsewhere that were mediocre, and I can't understand it. Or it just wasn't my experience. I'm just thankful for the one I had. Thanks again U2!!

Swan269 said:
I am still recovering from the cold temps last night but the band put on a good show. My brother and I were 2nd row behind the rail (center) on the outside of the elipse. Highlights for me were Gloria, Stuck in a Moment (just because Edge was playing right in front of me), and OOTS. Species is the best song off the album and they have nailed it live after trying to find it in the beginning of the tour. I now know that many of you find this lame now butI had made a sign that said ME+U2=BEST CRUMBS....I was hoping to get on stage and play the song. I told the fans around and behind me that I would be holding up the sign during the show but I would not be a nusaince. I brought it up only during Love and Peace, Streets, and Stuck (I didn't keep it up the whole time either) Thanks to the great fans around me who tried to help me. Bono saw the sign after "stuck" and mouthed to me-not tonight. This is cool because they had another agenda for John Lennon. I felt sad because I might not see this band for another 4 years....thanks guys for the love and faith you bring all of us.

I was standing on the inside of the Ellipse right across from you. Great Sign!!!:dancing: :rockon:

Re: Re: Feelings on Hartford

YBORCITYOBL said:

I was standing on the inside of the Ellipse right across from you. Great Sign!!!:dancing: :rockon:

Awesome - you were across from us as well, then! I was right in the center. Any chance you got any pictures? The search is on and you would've had the best spot to spot ourselves in them! Thanks in advance.

Swan269 said:

Hi, it's Sarah....that was my markers and poster boards you used for that sign!!!! Please email us at Circa1992@aol.com!!!

withoutyou14 said:

I know you too!! I am the 13 year old girl that was in front of you in the green sweatshirt with my family!!! Thanks for the candy!! What did you think of the show???

~Sarah

Swan269---remember my sign???? When Bono read it (during "Mysterious Ways") he gave a huge smile and touched his heart!!! I'm really glad that what I said touched him!!! Also, both Adam and Bono recognized me by the first few songs. They both gave big smiles, saying like "Hey I know you!"It's too bad you didn't get to play Crumbs, I was really hoping you would get to, maybe another time!!!

~Sarah

circa1992 said:

I know you too!! I am the 13 year old girl that was in front of you in the green sweatshirt with my family!!! Thanks for the candy!! What did you think of the show???

~Sarah

I thought the show was absolutely amazing. It was only my 2nd one, but I was so glad to be front row. Didn't your family get into the ellipse??

Oh, and I saw the picture you were holding of you on Bono's back! What show was that? That must have been AMAZING!

withoutyou14 said:

I thought the show was absolutely amazing. It was only my 2nd one, but I was so glad to be front row. Didn't your family get into the ellipse??

Oh, and I saw the picture you were holding of you on Bono's back! What show was that? That must have been AMAZING!

This was my 3rd show (2nd with GA) and yes we got scanned into the ellipse. We were right in front of Adam in the second row (both he and Bono recognized me). I got pulled on stage for the 11/22 Madison Square Garden Show.

I posted my story here: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148048&pagenumber=1

It was the most amazing experience anyone could ask for!

~Sarah
P.S. Bono came out and signed autographs in Hartford take a look: http://atu2.blogspot.com/
and I missed it....so not fair!!!

circa1992 said:

This was my 3rd show (2nd with GA) and yes we got scanned into the ellipse. We were right in front of Adam in the second row (both he and Bono recognized me). I got pulled on stage for the 11/22 Madison Square Garden Show.

I posted my story here:

It was the most amazing experience anyone could ask for!

~Sarah
P.S. Bono came out and signed autographs in Hartford
and I missed it....so not fair!!!

Thanks for the links!

We were waiting to see if the band would come through the lobby and past the GA line, but alas they did not. =(

I want to go to more concerts! These things are addicting!

withoutyou14 said:

Thanks for the links!

We were waiting to see if the band would come through the lobby and past the GA line, but alas they did not. =(

I want to go to more concerts! These things are addicting!

WAY addicting :wink:

Swan269 said:
II had made a sign that said ME+U2=BEST CRUMBS....I was hoping to get on stage and play the song.
Hello! I remember you from the GA line... I was the girl with the sign that said "Tickets to 1st U2 Show: $100" blah blah blah. Glad to see you enjoyed the show. And sorry you weren't pulled up - my friend and I were pretty disappointed too. lol.

They were great on Wednesday. Not as much excitement from the crowd as when I've seen them in Boston, but it was awesome to hear my second favorite band covering lots of songs by my favorite band, The Beatles.

Meeting Bono before the show was awesome too. He seemed to be in a very good mood, but he couldn't stay long because he was afraid the cold would affect his voice. I've never seen a band of their status that would actually take the time to greet their fans in the freezing temperatures like that. It just goes to show how great U2 is! Thanks for an amazing night boys!

alainn-la said:

Hello! I remember you from the GA line... I was the girl with the sign that said "Tickets to 1st U2 Show: $100" blah blah blah. Glad to see you enjoyed the show. And sorry you weren't pulled up - my friend and I were pretty disappointed too. lol.

They were great on Wednesday. Not as much excitement from the crowd as when I've seen them in Boston, but it was awesome to hear my second favorite band covering lots of songs by my favorite band, The Beatles.

Meeting Bono before the show was awesome too. He seemed to be in a very good mood, but he couldn't stay long because he was afraid the cold would affect his voice. I've never seen a band of their status that would actually take the time to greet their fans in the freezing temperatures like that. It just goes to show how great U2 is! Thanks for an amazing night boys!

I saw your sign too......I saw your picture with Bono giving him the train set. I saw people with signs so it inspired me to try to make one.

alainn-la said:

Hi...I was the one that commented that I almost made a sign like yours. I'm sorry you didn't get pulled up, but how incredible that you met Bono! My daughter wanted to go outside and wait for the band, but I decided not to because they never come out when we are there waiting for them! The look on your face in that picture is awesome! My daughter was pulled up at MSG 11/22, so we certainly weren't expecting anything, but she was so pleased when first Adam, then Bono, recognized her. But most of all she was just so happy that Bono read her sign and was touched.
I agree about the crowd...we've already decided that we're going to try and see one show in Boston next tour. Although, I can't complain; the NY shows I saw were great, the boys were energetic, and the fans around us were the best! In Hartford, most of the people around us in the ellipse only seemed mildly interested in the concert. However, the poeple around us in the GA line were cool though...wish they could've been with us in the ellipse. Where were you on the floor?

Hahaha... I look like a total spazz in the picture. Poor Bono, he blamed the cold for having to leave early, but more likely it was my reaction that scared him away.

And my friend and I were right on the tip of the ellipse - in front of Larry's drum during "Love and Peace or Else", and the spot where Bono enters for "City of Blinding Lights" so no complaints from me! Plus, we were front row center for the 10/4 Boston show, so if I was in the ellipse again, I would have felt a bit spoiled. lol.

Back
Top Bottom