digital cameras in Staples center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherrybizkit

Babyface
Hi, I just want to know how can you sneak a camera at the Staples?. How is security? How do they search you, do they use scanners or pad you?

Thank U

ok...the camera policy is dependent on the band policy. With U2 it was ok to bring in digital/film cameras as long as they weren't professional with detachable lens. Since your question is in reference to another concert and not U2. You better check with the Staples Center first. Not every band allows cameras at their shows. So its better not to assume. Also if you can somehow check with the band (via website and or management) youre seeing, see if you can find out if they allow cameras at their concerts. I know with the first show in april for U2 the venue staff was unaware that the band allowed cameras and they made everyone take back their cameras that day. However, the next day/show they corrected this and allowed cameras in.

Big problems with situations like this is that venue staff and band management have a communication problem (a big one) meaning whatever band policy is it doesnt get communicated to the venue staff/security. Basically, they don't talk to each other and venue staff has no clue as to what is going on. Sad but true.

Security is very very tight. No way you are gonna be able to get away with it if the band policy is no cameras. Even if you manage to sneak it in. The security inside is very tight, security all over the place. I was told by security there that they have hundreds of hidden cameras all over the place so if you take a picture you will probably get caught.

Just be cautious and do ur research. Check into it first before taking any camera in.

I am actually going to the depeche mode concert on the 21. The ticket says no cameras. But I have seen other depeche mode concerts and people have cameras.

But anyway thank u

cherrybizkit said:
I am actually going to the depeche mode concert on the 21. The ticket says no cameras. But I have seen other depeche mode concerts and people have cameras.

But anyway thank u

I would check with the venue staff there really! I am seriously warning you about this. The Staples staff are very anal about adhering to policy whether it is venue policy and or what they think is band policy. They are very strict to the point of ridiculousness! And I am not understating this. I am telling you don't assume just because you saw it at other depeche mode concerts that you will be able to do it at Staples.

Please re read my post of above about U2 experience with bringing in cameras. This is what happens when you assume because band policy says its ok well that's how I went to that show and then was blindsided with the venue staff adamently saying no cameras.

I am just trying to help you out here and save you from major disapointment if possible.

Last edited:
cherrybizkit said:

But anyway thank u

hey i am going too. where are your seats?

Thank U for the warning. It was great help.

Oh,ZOOPERSON, I am sitting in Row F, RSR108.

CHERRYBIZKIT, thats great! i'll be in Row 15, Sec 114.

best advice would be to just chance it with the digital and walk back to your car if they won't let you in. it's not like you have to rush because you have assighned seats. thats probably what i will do. if you are still worried about it though just take a disposable. :wink: i don't know, thats what i would do, but then again...

Back
Top Bottom