Diehard U2 fan lives her long-held dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
butterfly wings are at work here...and Willie Nelson and all my dear freinds who keep me in their prayers.
Bono and u2 are helping me whether they intended to or not

who's to say where the wind may take you.
Aftre I finsihed talking on the radio yesterday morning they dedicated a u2 song to me...those few words mean so much to me and I really respect U2's opinions about things so I listen and learn.

"little sister , don't you worry 'bout a thing today........." :sad: I try I try

I'm prepared to die trying . I don't want hem to take my garden away from me and my peace and my friends the birds, beasts and trees :sad:

hey but this has made me smile today

NSNov11Pg3aaa.jpg

I can't believe my mother is in the newspaper with U2 :)
she's the reason why the rock and roll and country and blues are in me, she truly is...rock on Lily :heart:

I like that smilie there JCOSTER...even has red pompoms :)
I don't think i did say that last sentence. I honestly was only raving on and had no hope that Bono would have time for my little patch of the world. the media have run with this story a bit...but any publicity is god publicity i suppose.
I sure dig seeing my mum and Bono together. Her fly glasses just crack me up. She's a good sport and she understands the love of music.

oic I'm no longer a premium member, my account has been deactivated.

ELLLLLLLVIS, you awake up there old son?
**poke poke**

woops I am so lost on this site right now.
seems to be posts popping up all over the shop.
soory musiclovers
I think i should go and get some sleep, possibly maybe not.

did you find a link online somewhere Lila? you sure are quick. i live here and I only just got the newspaper :lol:

I tell ya...us U2 fans, sharp as tacks
and good looking too :)

okey dokey, I've found it now Lila.
Thank you to the moderator who helped tidy up....
Diehard :lmao: I feel like Bruce Willis and a chocolate.

Was that supposed to be a news article?

U2 can only do so much and they already do plenty. Leave them alone.

This reminds me of that painting of U2 from that dude in Washington or whatever... Does every city have to come up with some bloke with their hidden agenda trying to milk U2 into helping them with their personal agendas?

Cass, as you can see some people can't understand, but I think the article's great! I've got the same shirt as your mother's wearing. :)

Sorry to hear about those highway problems. Seems like it's going to be a highway to hell, if it's going to cross your property.

Take care, stay strong.
:hug:

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
Was that supposed to be a news article?

U2 can only do so much and they already do plenty. Leave them alone.

This reminds me of that painting of U2 from that dude in Washington or whatever... Does every city have to come up with some bloke with their hidden agenda trying to milk U2 into helping them with their personal agendas?
Howdy 800
you have your right to an opinion albiet a hurtful one to me :(
As always the media only focused on a small part of the story.
I think anyone who knows me, including U2, know my intentions. The bit about the freeway is just a side issue. I am avid recycling and at the moment my home has lots of RTA maps and such. ( I wish it didn't) I just wrote my letter to U2 on the back of one of them.
But really I don't need to explain. You weren't there. But John was, David Guyer, Edge, Larry, Adam and Bono. They know the truth of my love for U2. I have no hidden agenda I milk nothing. I don't like cows I use soymilk.

I just take your words as part of the struggle I am being asked to endure at the moment and typical of the attitude of a lot of people I have encountered at Interference over the years. Fortunately there have been people like Marty :hug: and Salome and martha who know the truth of my heart. The rest is just well... a whole lot of interference.
This experience has made me realise the value of a true friend. I knew it already, but it has been highlighted lately.
As my old aunt said "the Lord does not send more than you can handle"

I would never in a million year harrass U2. I have supported their career for 25 years. I have no choice but to leave them alone. They live in USA/Ireland, I live on the other side of the world. I don't even have enough money to attend one concert.

Crikey's what a way to begin a Sunday.

Love and Peace

:) Congrats to mrs Cass, and to you cass - I guess you're now our very own celebrity!

cass said:

Howdy 800
you have your right to an opinion albiet a hurtful one to me :(
As always the media only focused on a small part of the story.
I think anyone who knows me, including U2, know my intentions. The bit about the freeway is just a side issue. I am avid recycling and at the moment my home has lots of RTA maps and such. ( I wish it didn't) I just wrote my letter to U2 on the back of one of them.
But really I don't need to explain. You weren't there. But John was, David Guyer, Edge, Larry, Adam and Bono. They know the truth of my love for U2. I have no hidden agenda I milk nothing. I don't like cows I use soymilk.

I just take your words as part of the struggle I am being asked to endure at the moment and typical of the attitude of a lot of people I have encountered at Interference over the years. Fortunately there have been people like Marty :hug: and Salome and martha who know the truth of my heart. The rest is just well... a whole lot of interference.
This experience has made me realise the value of a true friend. I knew it already, but it has been highlighted lately.
As my old aunt said "the Lord does not send more than you can handle"

I would never in a million year harrass U2. I have supported their career for 25 years. I have no choice but to leave them alone. They live in USA/Ireland, I live on the other side of the world. I don't even have enough money to attend one concert.

Crikey's what a way to begin a Sunday.

Love and Peace

Wow, I'm sincerely sorry. I didn't think the "person from the article" posted here. I guess it was just the style of the article that annoyed me (as if the U2 tickets were just a catchy way to address the "real" agenda). Anyway, I can tell by your response and the content of the article (which I have now actually read) that you're a good person with admirable intentions and the backbone to make them happen (not just the RTA-thing, the whole enviro thing... soymilk). I judged way too quickly and I'm sincerely sorry.

Hope I didn't affect too much of your Sunday, I guess I'll feel like an a-hole for the rest of this Saturday.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
Wow, I'm sincerely sorry. I didn't think the "person from the article" posted here.

:hmm: If a person is referring to her mother being in the same article as U2, then basic reading comprehension leads to the conclusion that the child of the mother in that article must be the one making the post...

:sigh:

It's Ok Zoo800. Don't trouble yourself. The world is heavily populated with humans who shoot first and ask questions later. We all live and learn.

And you don't know me. And you probably don't know another cassowary. I have mentioned here before I chose that name because a cassowary is a large colourful Australian rainforest bird that is extremely dangerous if someone threatens her home and chicks. That sure is happening to me and my family right now.
On the way home from seeing U2 in Brisbane I called in to a new food store in Byron Bay. Another beautiful coincidence on that journey. These brochures were on the counter
saveMe8thNov2006too.jpg

saveMe2.jpg

They also gave me a photo of Luka Bloom. They asked "do you know that man?" I most certainly do. I met him at the BluesFestival and we talked about the importance of family and a good sense of humour. During his set he told the story of how he is now a "bog man" I called out in all my excitement "I'M A BOG WOMAN!"...and proud of it!

You weren't to know the full story of my encounter with U2. It is a precious thing that i shall cherish till my dying day. It has really lifted my spirits and empowered me...for now.
As I said I am so in awe and so dedicated to U2 my hands shook when i met them. Thats is why some of my photos are like this
Rol5-11-06.jpg

and anyone who might have ill intent towards them would also experience the wrath of the Cass O'wary.
Ewwwwwww I can see the old paparazzi dude who lurked amongst us at the Versace. I had words with him a couple of times. John actually came over and asked us ( the recognisable devoted U2 fans) to let him know if anyone was not doing the wrong thing. For a minute there I felt a trusted part of the gang . He certainly picked the right girl for the job :D

Marty old friend :hug: thanks for going in to bat for me, but it's Ok, The game is over. Let's go somewhere private for a drink...Amsterdam maybe? remeber to send those positive thoughts on Friday. I am really starting to get scared now.

I found this card in an op shop on Friday...now who does that remind me of? I won't go sending it to him. But my love and blessings shall always reach across the ocean and shine on his soul. I said in my letter to him that although we are the almost the same age (I was doing up my resume last night and was delighted to know that my birth was registered on May 10) :)
I felt like his protective aunt

mmmmmmmmmmmWildHoney.jpg

I'm so glad he didn't draw sunglasses on this. He didn't have time
Fare the well U2. Thank you Thank you Thank you.
and as always I hope you one day emigrate to Australia...we love ya down here you know.
Bono Voyage, be safe, be beautiful
be the ray of light that you alway have been
**waves until U2 are just a speck on the horizon**
:sad: :wave:

Hey Cass,

I'm a birder as well. I'd not heard of this bird before you story so will now most certainly remember how I came to know the Cassowary.

Good luck,

cass said:
oic I'm no longer a premium member, my account has been deactivated.

ELLLLLLLVIS, you awake up there old son?
**poke poke**

Hi Cass,
You are still a premium member.

btw that's really awesome about the article :up:

cass said:

Fortunately there have been people like Marty :hug: and Salome

:heart: He was just talking about you the other day

Cass! :) :hug:

Great story.

Come back soon.

Back
Top Bottom