Did anyone happen to notice??? (At Minneapolis concert)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
I went to the U2 concert for the first time ever (waited for this 15 years!) here in minneapolis. What a high! Is there anything better? Just like so many have said, it is more like a religious experience, and made me love the band even more.
I was wondering, when Bono sang the song Miracle Drug and dedicated it to all the nurses and doctors (I'm a nurse by the way) I hung a sign that said, "Nurses love U2" during the entire song. Did anybody see it by any chance? I know that Bono looked right at it during the song, but I have no idea of how clearly he was able to see it from the stage, so I just want some feedback from ANYBODY, that the sign was visible from the stage, or close to that area. Anyone let me know? Would make this little heart of mine sing!!

"It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away..........." Thanks you guys, for any replies

I didn't notice the sign, but I was about one person away from the stage, so I wasn't exactly looking around the arena. LoL!

I was in section 217, which was the upper balcony, but I was sitting in the very lowest row where I hung the banner from (It was made out of white fabric). if you were facing the stage, it would have been to your upper left. it was towards the side that Edge was standing. :edge:
any recollections? i've got my fingers crossed!

I was in Section 112 right to the front of the stage on Edge's side in row 3 and I remember seeing it.

adamgirl said:
I was in Section 112 right to the front of the stage on Edge's side in row 3 and I remember seeing it.

Allright! Thanks for writing back. My main concern was, was it readable from where you were? I wondered when Bono was staring at it if he could read it clearly or not? Hope so!! Let me know!

Wasn't it a great night? I felt like I was finally getting my "fix".
Talk about dancing ":dance:" for joy. It was a beautiful day, a beautiful night, just a beautiful memory. Wish it could have lasted forever, I guess it will in the way it made me feel.

By the way you had awesome seats!

Yes they were great seats thanks to the pre-sale. I'm not able to do GA for a couple reasons. I so close to the side of the elipse that it was litterally impossible for me to get the stage and the end of the elipse in the same photo. I was the one holding the Zooropa licence plate a few times. I think U2 at least Edge and Bono might have seen it. I don't care if anyone else saw it or not.

adamgirl said:
Yes they were great seats thanks to the pre-sale. I'm not able to do GA for a couple reasons. I so close to the side of the elipse that it was litterally impossible for me to get the stage and the end of the elipse in the same photo. I was the one holding the Zooropa licence plate a few times. I think U2 at least Edge and Bono might have seen it. I don't care if anyone else saw it or not.

Hey Adam girl! There's no way they wouldn't have seen your sign! Absolutely they must have seen it, if you were sitting that close. Bono was on that side of the elipse a great deal of the time.
I wish they had played something from that era, the fly or zoostation, even better than the real thing, they are such fun songs, but hey, i enjoyed what they played. Although if I could have my way, i would do away with the opening act, and have the band just take an intermission break in the middle and give us more of their music.
encore! encore! encore!

I'm pretty sure Bono and Edge did see my licence plate. Not so sure about Adam and Larry. It was Edge's side of the elipse. I wish Adam would have made his way to that side a little more often like the one time I did do GA in Chicago last May. The first and last time I do GA at a U2 gig. Had to do it that time becasue that's what I was stuck with and lucked out on those tickets but that's another story.

Being 5'1 is being too short for GA and everyone else is also standing floor level. Unless U2 is standing in front of you or coming toward you, you basically have to struggle to see above everyone else or through openings between their heads and through the screen on the digital camera by holding it up in the air. Another reason GA isn't such a good idea is becasue my friend who goes to all the U2 concerts with me has MS and she usually does pretty well with it but we're better off having a seat for just because purposes for that. She is also 5'1 and a few of the few people standing in front of you in GA who are taller than you aren't too sympathetic although we did stand by some nice people in the GA. Some of them can be a little stubbron on letting people through the audience back and forth to their spots though though. The night we were there is going to the DVD though so that's a bonus.

Last edited:
well, without a doubt that must have sucked. especially when it is a show you don't want to miss a moment of. it's great that you were able to get so much better seats this time. that's what i'm hoping for next show. seats weren't bad, i could see everything, but i wanted to be closer. like everybody else, front row center!
i bet you can't wait for the dvd, knowing you were there should make it really cool for you to watch. can't wait to see it myself!

thanks again for letting me know about my banner, just wanted to make sure the bonoman could read what I wrote. i'd never been to the target center before and didn't know how far I might be from the stage. Thanks again!

PS: Let's hope they might extend their tour and head back midwest!

I'll be in the same spot when the boys are in Omaha in December (weather providing my 4 hour drive there), just a different seat number (thanks again to the presale). I haven't been to the qwest center before so it might be interesting.

Hi Adam girl! I just heard on the tv that U2 is going to be on Conan Obrian on thursday night, for the ENTIRE SHOW (not just musical guest) ! I had to let you know, just in case you hadn't heard. Jump for joy!!! spread the news :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom