Did A Lucky Gal Get Invited Onstage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There must be a lot of disappointed ladies who made it into (or just outside of) the ellipse then!

My wife & I made it into the "ellipse". Bono rolled around on the catwalk right in front of us, then got eye contact with my wife, flirted a little and reached out and "fondled" her hand. I thought for sure he was going to pull her up, but he just smiled & rubbed his chin while he checked out her cleavage for awhile.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I think Bono tried to pull someone up, almost dropped her, and decided against it.

Could be wrong though.

This incident happened with a girl in seats behind the stage. She was reaching out for him, he reached back, and she almost fell out of her seat (a good 15 foot fall). Luckily she didn't, and as Bono returned to center stage you could see him say, "wow" like he dodged a bullet.

Bono doesn't always pull a girl up on stage. Only when he's "feelin' it." That's why it's so special.

By many accounts, the vibe at this show wasn't spactacular by U2's standards. And that's to be expected at an opener...Sometimes it takes a while to get into the swing of things. The tour mentality is totally different than the life they have at home, and there's always an adjustment period when you first start a tour as well as when you first come home.

mtnfox said:

This incident happened with a girl in seats behind the stage. She was reaching out for him, he reached back, and she almost fell out of her seat (a good 15 foot fall). Luckily she didn't, and as Bono returned to center stage you could see him say, "wow" like he dodged a bullet.

I was right behind the stage about 6 rows back. I didnt see this but I do remeber the first time Bono came by a bunch of people rush down and were leaning out( no one was allowed to sit in the first row). After that about six securty people came and stood there so no one would do that. The stage was about 2 feet from the seats there.

mtnfox said:

I'd believe that. I was in a skybox for my first U2 show -- essentially, it was a hotel room (bathroom, bar, everything) with one wall missing, and about a 30 foot drop below it. And I was so overwhelmed by the need to be close....The urge to jump was disturbingly strong. lol

...I remember thinking about how I always used to think it was so silly that girls used to seem to be like possessed/overcome by "Beatlemania" and scream, cry, or even faint. It was just so ridiculous to watch. But that night, I totally got it. I don't know that I'd behave to those extremes (I'm a pretty mellow person), and I certainly have no clue what causes it exactly...but I definitely thought, "Ok. I get it now. Whoa."

I sort of miss the guitar players too. That was fun when he'd do "People Get Ready" and say can anybody play my guitar, and eventually someone who really could and was good would.

I wish you'd do that again Bono, if your "people" read this, ever, that was fun.

mtnfox said:
My wife & I made it into the "ellipse". Bono rolled around on the catwalk right in front of us, then got eye contact with my wife, flirted a little and reached out and "fondled" her hand. I thought for sure he was going to pull her up, but he just smiled & rubbed his chin while he checked out her cleavage for awhile.

At least he was only rubbing his chin while looking at your wife's breasts. :ohmy: :wink:

Yes, Bono pulled a person on stage for the opening of Miracle Drug (essentially to say, in Spanish, "Love is the Drug").

It was an uneventful 15 seconds of the show.

nbcrusader said:
Yes, Bono pulled a person on stage for the opening of Miracle Drug (essentially to say, in Spanish, "Love is the Drug").

It was an uneventful 15 seconds of the show.

How does the person lookslike?

Was a man or a woman?

mtnfox said:
My wife & I made it into the "ellipse". Bono rolled around on the catwalk right in front of us, then got eye contact with my wife, flirted a little and reached out and "fondled" her hand. I thought for sure he was going to pull her up, but he just smiled & rubbed his chin while he checked out her cleavage for awhile. I immediately filed for divorce when we got home. I'm not losing my girl to a mad Irishman!

Fixed that for ya buddy. :p

It was a guy from Mexico that got pulled up. You can read about at atu2.com

Miroslava said:
It was a guy from Mexico that got pulled up. You can read about at atu2.com

He was a great guy...saw him both days in the GA line. He had a great day...got to talk to Bono during the meeting before the soundcheck, then got up on stage (and fell FLAT on his face once he got up there, by the way). And it was really quick...he was up there about a minute...

yes! The Cat Woman tonight, named Tiffany. Are you on this board, tell us all about it. He pulled her up, she had on a cat outfit, and he took her around the whole ellipse, and then he had her dance with him. She was really good, which Bono told her also. She got tons of hugs, tons of kisses, etc. Almost like going on a date with Bono.

i'd describe her as a devil goth chick. she was wearing black pleather and red, she had a shaved head with a bright red mohawk and horns, and 8-inch platforms. she was beautiful and during the ending solo of mysterious ways, she was dancing along the walkway around the ellipse. that was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom