December 9th Honolulu Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hawaii Rocked!

shannonz.JPG

Lila64 said:
Not too shabby for my first concert photo try. Of course you didn't see the 50 I didn't post :lol: I think I like the Bono pic on the B-stage for LAPOE the most :heart:

Not too bad, Lila, considering your camera won't let you do manual ISO and aperture settings. I also saved about 1/4 of all the pictures. I'll try to upload tomorrow for you....

morrow said:
Hi Maddy's Mom -

This is Amiee (morrow's wife)....

When John brought Maddy up front, I was the lady behind her who kept my arms on the rail around her so she wouldn't get squished. I also asked her if she was excited, so she may remember. Anyway, we took some video from "Maddy's perspective" and we have Bono walking over to her and pulling her up on stage. Due to my battery losing power, we cut off the camera after she was walking up the ramp. My husband will try to edit it down to a postable size, but right now the video file size is 183MB!! If you want to send me your address I will be happy to mail a CD to you with the full file, as well as the full versions of the 3 pictures I took, too. I'll (hopefully) post the pics for you right now if I can figure out how. Just email me at amiee@u2.com if you'd like me to send them to you. And congratulations!!!!!!!

LittleGirl3.jpg

:cute:

Lila, Maddy, it was extraordinary meeting you two ladies...

Maddy, I told you so, didn't I? about singing for us, that night? :D
Great Job, even I am proud of you, I can only imagine Lila's enthusiasm.

Love from Greece!

^I remember predicting how cool it would be to have Maddy get pulled on stage too, now that I recall.:applaud: I also remember passing you some bottles of water.:wink:

Lila really hung in there on Saturday, I'm not sure what the deal is with her ankles, but she was in obvious pain and I'm sure any doctor would not have recommended travelling let alone doing GA all day on Saturday. I'm not sure how she did it as it was painful just watching her walk! But she did it and gets my vote for 'toughest mom' on show day. I'm sure she wasn't feeling much in terms of pain during SBS anyway. :wink:

Anyway I didn't introduce myself to you kellyahern, but I heard you introduce yourself to the Bono impersonator and I snapped a quick pic...

IMG_1343.jpg

and here are some of my better ones...

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

I also have the complete video footage of The Fly, but it's 650Mb in size... anyone know of a place I can host it?

Last edited:
mads said:

oh my god!
at the moment this picture was taken, adam was smiling at meeeeeeee!!!!!!
i had a sign up, he finally noticed it, read it, looked at me and kept looking at me smiling!
and then he kept looking and i didn't know what to do, so i screamed, 'i looooooove youuuuuuu!' and that's when he started laughing!
oh geez!:love:

u2wedge said:

I also have the complete video footage of The Fly, but it's 650Mb in size... anyone know of a place I can host it?

Import it into WMM and save it at a lower bitrate (e.g. 1.5 Mbps or less) to get it under the 100MB youtube limit.

U2_Neat said:
Lila, Maddy, it was extraordinary meeting you two ladies...

Maddy, I told you so, didn't I? about singing for us, that night? :D
Great Job, even I am proud of you, I can only imagine Lila's enthusiasm.

Love from Greece!

Harry!!! Hello to the Greek contingency! Glad I found you in line. It was great to meet you and your friends. :heart: What a nite.
Yes, I have another video that is about 70MB (an a v i file). I can email the link if anyone wants to bother with such a huge download for 82 seconds. Jez said he might try and compress it. It's awesome. You can hear me scream 'Go Maddy' and another scream as well :shifty: And thanks u2wedge (John) for the kind words. I thought they might have to wheel me out after the show. Especially trying to find you & the car "just over the footbridge". :lol:

dmalezi - I believe you and your husband said you were from PA and recognized us from the boards. Did you think in a million years that you'd see my daughter onstage? Hell, did I even think that? No, at least not until Darryl :angel: offered her the spot he did. Then I knew she had a chance, especially after Bono pointed to her during Angel Of Harlem. Thanks for the kind words :hug:

Last edited:
zoney! said:

the head hiding behind the balloon next to laura! :lol:

:up:

By the way, it was really great seeing you there - even if it was only for a few moments before going inside the stadium.

good luck! I love the one of Bono kissing Adam. I was hoping someone caught that (I saw these pics earlier in the week). You might want to try and contact Ruth thru flickr or u2log and see if she's willing to email you pics. :shrug:

only about 3 people said something to me in line, and so it was easy to remember. A couple of women from the OC said they knew us as well. She tried to make it to the Edun event back in Sept. that we actually attended (hence my avatar). She said she missed it by 15 minutes. And the 3rd person was another post-er on here. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom