couple of questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbinteract

The Fly
Can anyone let me know if the band are still coming out to meet fans before shows... I dont think they did in Las Vegas... and while there I heard alot of fans who had been to different shows say that they were no longer doing soundchecks and where in fact getting to the arena later in the day... usually around 6.

Also... whats the experience been with the GA line... are they still giving out numbered wristbands for the Fan GA line and then lining us up in that order to enter?

thanks!

db

I didnt see them at all in Oakland.. waited until like almost 6pm. Doesnt seem like they're hanging out that much anymore.

Whether or not they come out depends on a lot of things, mostly weather. They didn't come out at all for Pittsburgh or Det. 1. Surprisingly, Bono came out for a few seconds before Det 2, even though it was freezing and had been windy/raining on and off. It also depends on whether they need to soundcheck, or if they're running late and don't have time to stop.

As for GA line wristbands, I think Boston is the only place that did that. All the other places, the fans run the lines and it's generally not cool to come pick up a number and be a no-show until right before the show starts.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

As for GA line wristbands, I think Boston is the only place that did that. All the other places, the fans run the lines and it's generally not cool to come pick up a number and be a no-show until right before the show starts.

As a GA newbie, what tends to be the GA-line etiquette for how long you can run off? I've heard some stuff about people leaving to run back to their hotels and take a quick shower/change. Would I have 40 minutes or so to run back to my place to dump stuff off in NY or would that much time be pushing it? I know it all depends on the folks that you're around in line, but I was wondering if there's a general vibe on how long's too long...though I'd imagine people simply running off to go to the bathroom in NYC would probably take that long, negotiating your way through Penn or Macy's, etc.

Back
Top Bottom