Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miroslava said:
ig9h50.jpg
[/B]

Tsktsktsk... getting more daring, aren't they? I woner what leg 4 can expect? :hyper: :heart::bono:hug::adam:

Yay! Cool story, miroslava!

Party Girl Man said:
Kariann - what time did Bono & Edge finally arrive? I waited until 5pm but then had to get back to my spot in the GA line.

I think it was probably somewhere between 6 and 630ish. Edge was out there for about 5 minutes max and Bono was out there probably not even 5 minutes so anyone who got something signed was pretty lucky really.

Miroslava,
You are my hero.... I watched from C125 in complete awe as you and Bono danced. Please tell your story, I won't be bored- I promise!! What did he whisper to you ??? I'm aspiring to be just like you !!
You guys took some awesome, awesome photos- I wish I were as close, but really , our seats were pretty good. Couldn't see facial expressions of the bandmates too well, but all I had to do was look up at the vid screen.
What an awesome night, my ears are still ringing.
I can't wait for the next tour.

Miro! Congratulations again!

Thanks for posting that picture of Bono and Edge during One. I've been dying to see Edge with his Music Rising guitar. :)

Yep DMalezi that was definitely us! Around 4:00 I was at the Harp getting our tickets, sorry I missed you! Did you hubby enjoy the show? Ed said he will go again but only if he has a seat.

Grouting break, here are more pics:

23.jpg

24.jpg

LOVE THOSE BONDAGE PICS! I really enjoyed that segment this time after talking with the PLEBA folks!

1.jpg

Doen't it look like he's peeking with his left eye in that first picture? It was funny when he couldnt find the mike, the security guy in front of us had to hop up there and lead him to it.

This is where bono almost fell off the stage:
fallingoffthestage.jpg

Nice shot of edgey smiling:
EdgeSmiling.jpg

And not sure if I’m allowed to post this one, but hoping I can…
AirVertigo.jpg

liljimbojr said:
My first post on Interference and I already made a mistake. I wanted to stay in this thread, but ended up in my own (little girl on stage). I'd like to thank Beverly56 and Miroslava for the photos already submitted. I'm also asking anyone else to send me any photos with my daughter Julia in them, since my camera ran out of film right after she got on stage. E-mail address is jephillips@buckeye-express.com. Also would like to say thanks to all the other hardcore U2 fans around me that made the stage thing possible. This would include John, Fake Bono, John's friend- the really tall guy. And a special thanks to the gym teacher from Toronto for giving my other daughter, Alyson the guitar pick since she didn't get on stage. Sorry I forgot some of your names.

Hey man....good to see a U2 show beside you and your family..

Julia and Alyson were great...hope they didnt get too tired out, saw them have to take a rest every once in a while..

teacher from Toronto = my best friend Mark (he gave Alyson the pick that was for me, no worries tho Im glad it went to your girl)

fake bono - I guess that would be be, but the title we use jokingly lol. Name's Gabriel...

G

Yep Bev, Mark had fun too. He said the best visual moment was when Bono and Edge were chasing each other at full speed around the ellipse during UTEOTW. I agree but will admit that I was afraid one of them was going to wipe out! That part looked incredible from up above.

BEVERLY56 said:
Hey I didnt realize little girl's mom was there, awesome! was your other daughter disappointed? That was such a great 1st concert experienc for them. I think I might have another pic I didnt post, will send them to your email.

WHAT A GREAT NIGHT. Miro, I didnt see Catlady and I was disappointed in that! She was up with you? I will post a few more of mine, must save in photobucket first. Im on a vacation day today and supposed to be doing some tile grouting so I will get back here later (GOTTA WORK! HEATER MAN IS A SLAVEDRIVER!)

:wave: BEVERLY!!

Great to finally meet you...hope I didnt bump you too many times ;)

Didnt we take a picture together?

G

ladyhawke34 said:
My friend & I had a blast at the show. It was her first U2 concert & my 4th. God, the boys were totally "on"!

We ended up about 7 people back from the rail outside of the elipse, smack dab in the center. Awesome, awesome show!

Ladyhawke!! :hug:

Please tell me you were able to get rid of those seats! :reject:

We managed to get to the arena just in the nick of time, met Edge and Bono outside the Ritz and had a nice involved conversation with the B-man about Detroit, Toronto...he signed my JT album cover inside with a special message...what a great guy! :)

Miroslava said:
igaluh.jpg

Oh, and I wasn't running the line. It was completely self serve. We were just overseeing.

Oh, I see. :eyebrow:

Well, when I was in Attica, that's what the guards told me: "We don't run the prison, we just oversee it."

Whatever.

And...for those of you who though it was Miro on stage, it really wasn't. She's trying to spoil my moment. We agreed before the show that I would dress in drag, doing my best to look just like Miro, in an effort to get me up onstage and fool Bono.

And it worked!

It was sooooo awesome running my fingers through Bono's hair.
:drool:

Last edited:
Well I was there Saturday night as well. I have pictures, but I'm not sure how to post them on here. I have them in my yahoo pictures folder, but since I'm new here I can't post the link, so let me know if anyone wants to see them.

This was my first U2 show and I was absolutely amazed. I have never enjoyed a concert as much as I did this one. I guess until you see them live you really cannot fully appreciate how talented the band really is.

My only complaint was with my tickets. I know a lot of people have praised ETS, but my experience was not as great. I got my tickets through a special offer with Holiday Inn and they used ETS. I was guaranteed 2 highest price lower level tickets, which they were, but in all honesty if I would have paid for these seats I would have been pissed. They were six rows up from the floor, all the way over to the side, so half the stage was cut off, I couldn't see Larry at all and barely saw Adam. I was extremely disappointed because there was a lot I missed. If I would have paid full price I would have been livid. I still am not that happy since I used A LOT of holiday inn points to get the package and I sort of wasted them. I would have been better off purchasing tickets from someone. Of course this has nothing to do with the band and I still have a ton of memories to take from that night. Did anyone else feel their tickets were less than stellar from ETS? I'm just a bit curious since this was my first show.

Thanks for the pictures everyone. I just registered after the Cleveland show. What a great night!

Miroslava, you were awesome on stage. My mom was like, "Wow, Bono is holding her pretty close!" I would probably freak out.

liljimbojr, your daughter was just precious. Such a sweet moment.

gabrielvox said:

Hey man....good to see a U2 show beside you and your family..

Julia and Alyson were great...hope they didnt get too tired out, saw them have to take a rest every once in a while..

teacher from Toronto = my best friend Mark (he gave Alyson the pick that was for me, no worries tho Im glad it went to your girl)

fake bono - I guess that would be be, but the title we use jokingly lol. Name's Gabriel...

G
Hey Gabriel

How's it going man? Good to hear from you! Once again I'd like to thank you for making magic happen Saturday night. Sorry to hear that the pick was for you. Thanks for the sacrifice. What's the story on that pick? Was it used by one of the band members?

I must say, that really made Alyson's night complete. She'll keep it forever.

And yes, the girls were tired, even the next day. Julia missed her hockey game 'cause her legs were too weak from 11 hours of standing.

Take care. Maybe we'll see you next tour.

Jimmy

Hey Gabe, nice to meet you too, yes my husband took our pic. Im going to show it to some of my idiot coworkers and tell them I got my picture with Bono! We had a great group around us for the show, didnt notice any bumping at all, I was too wrapped up in the show. I really would like to see a picture of Miroslava and Bono from the front! I bet she looked great in his hat. I especially liked the way she put it back on him at the end of the song, straightened it, it looked like his mother getting him ready to go to school. If you guys could have seen it from behind like me...his hand was up on her back...then it started moving down...down...then he was on his knees... I was waiting for them to start rolling around on the floor like he did that one time with that other girl... It was HOT.

liljimbojr said:

Sorry to hear that the pick was for you. Thanks for the sacrifice. What's the story on that pick? Was it used by one of the band members?

I must say, that really made Alyson's night complete. She'll keep it forever.

No worries at all Jimmy...glad she liked it! It actually is not just a souvenir pick, it is one of the ones that Bono actually plays...one of the picks he actually used that night.

THATS special ;)

G

harmony29 said:
My only complaint was with my tickets. I know a lot of people have praised ETS, but my experience was not as great. I got my tickets through a special offer with Holiday Inn and they used ETS. I was guaranteed 2 highest price lower level tickets, which they were, but in all honesty if I would have paid for these seats I would have been pissed. They were six rows up from the floor, all the way over to the side, so half the stage was cut off.....Did anyone else feel their tickets were less than stellar from ETS? I'm just a bit curious since this was my first show.

Just curious.....you said you purchased a package from Holiday Inn....was the promise for the tickets made by Holiday Inn, or ETS? Im thinking that if you paid Holiday Inn in either cash or points, and they promised to get you tickets through ETS, then I would think that you should file a complaint with Holiday Inn, as they made the promise?

Also...how long ago did you purchase your package...if it was just recently, then maybe that was all that was left...most of the top priced ETS tickets I've come across have been very nice, but I suppose like anything the closer the date gets the less ideal the seating availability would be?

One thing I've noticed with redeeming points....the people you redeem with ie airlines especially....always reserve the right to give you the lowest price seat or the right to bump you right off the flight....not nice I know but they do it alot....maybe Holiday Inn got those tickets for even cheaper than ETS charges its customers who got better views...and then in turn Holiday Inn gave you the worst of their lot because you were using points...I dunno Im totally hypothezing here....

Back
Top Bottom