Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BEVERLY56 said:
Bono 212 and her mom were in line a few ahead of us. About 5 minutes before they started letting us in, her mom passed out cold (twice!) They ended up taking her inside on a stretcher, I have no idea what happened to them after that but it was very upsetting to those of us around them. Not to mention the fact that they had been in line since about 5AM, and then even if they DID finally get in, probably had really crappy floor positions. But I doubt that her mom was able to stand in GA for all that time.

Oh, that was Bono 212? I didn't even know! That was really scary. I was a little upset about how the arena employees responded to it. I suppose they had procedure they had to follow or whatever, but I think they should have brought her inside as soon as she fainted instead of making them wait for a doctor and a strecher and making her faint AGAIN. I really hope everything went okay for them.

Bev, you rock, and so does your husband, a lot. Tell Ed that he's totally my hero. How'd he like the show? Must have been pretty amazing from the ellipse! I'm glad you got scanned in. Thanks for letting us use your tent, it was a fantastic time :)

Scarletwine - Alec and I had fun with you and Kelly. Sorry if I sort of screamed the entire time. It was my first GA and it was fucking incredible. I'm still in disbelief that it all happened! I can't believe Bono was RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!! I don't think I can ever settle for seats again. GA is amazing and we had great spots right on the rail, Edge side, toward the middle.

Miroslava - I am soooo happy for you (and admittingly somewhat jealous :wink: )! You totally deserved it, #1! And you did a great job running the line :up:

What a show. I didn't take many pics and of those only a few really came out well, but I'll post my favourites:

Sometimeslightcurtains.jpg

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Bonowithnoshades.jpg

Bono (with no shades!!) singing Sometimes... this was taken when he was a little further away (zoom=useful), for the SIIIIIIIIIIING part he was actually at the center pretty close to us, but I didn't take any pictures whenever he was über close to me because I wanted to savor the moment. It was incredible.

Streets.jpg

Where the Streets Have No Name

Edgeissmiling.jpg

Looks like Edge has a bit of a smile...:D during UTEOTW. My icon is also from UTETOW, when he was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. man. what an extraordinary experience. I even got a guitar pick from Dallas!!

igaluh.jpg

Bono 212, when they passed with the stretcher I did wonder if that was you and your mom. I am soooooooooo sorry. :( Hope she is ok.

Oh, and I wasn't running the line. It was completely self serve. We were just overseeing. ;) Catlady and Beth were the ones that talked to most people I think. :up:

And thanks everyone :reject:

Miroslava said:

Oh, and I wasn't running the line. It was completely self serve. We were just overseeing. ;) Catlady and Beth were the ones that talked to most people I think. :up:

And thanks everyone :reject:

Well you did a good job overseeing then :up: things seemed to got smoothly, for the most part.

Why are you :reject: ? You don't have to be shy about it! We love you Miro!! :hug:

btw, great pictures :drool: you and bev both!

Here are a few of the photos I took from up front, before my camera battery died. :wink:

Sam

000_0076.jpg

000_0081.jpg

000_0085.jpg

000_0086.jpg

000_0087.jpg

000_0091.jpg

000_0092.jpg

000_0094.jpg

000_0096.jpg

Those are AMAZING pictures Beverly and Miroslava!

BUT...I want to see more pictures OF YOU up on stage. The review from the randoom girls was that "it was the SEXIEST WOWY they had ever seen."

:D

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has pictures from outside the service entrance when Bono and the Edge came out?? Being the moron I am, I didnt' bring a camera, and I was kinda pissed they wouldn't sign my guitar, but hey at least I met the guys and got my ticket signed...not to mention that was my first U2 show ever and it KICKED ASS!!!!

-Tim

igbzo9.jpg

Tim, sorry they wouldn't sign your guitar, but just so you know, don't take it personally. I believe they do that so that the guitars don't end up being sold on ebay, etc. etc.

And again, thanks :)

It was incredible, but as is well documented all over interference, I am very much in agreement over the fact that once is enough... :reject:

Last edited:
zoney! said:

BUT...I want to see more pictures OF YOU up on stage. The review from the randoom girls was that "it was the SEXIEST WOWY they had ever seen."

:D

:ohmy: who said that? :shifty:

It was an awesome show, and my last of the Vertigo Tour....unless somehow, someway I get to show in 2006. I was in tears half the night and I cannot believe I'm already home in Minneapolis :grumpy: They played 2 songs I've been waiting forever to hear, Gloria and UTEOTW so all is good. I heard almost every single song on my list of songs I wanted to hear this year. We got to see Edge and Bono one last time before the show too. What a year :heart:

We got there toward the end of Institute's set so I was pretty anxious for U2 to come on. I thought it was a great show too - Bono seemed in good spirits, sound was great - the little girl was cute - as was Miroslava :up:

igdkif.jpg

I realize this one is completely blurry, but this is right after Bono kissed Adam on the lips and I looooooooove Adam's look :drool:

igdld1.jpg

Last one :wave:

igdvm0.jpg

And thanks to everyone that shared their pics :love:

Last edited:
Miroslava..again! You are so funny! I think Bono wants you!

Anyway, congrats!
ps you are getting pretty good with the camera..some awesome shots there

I'll post this here, too, but not the extent that it is on the Three thread long Cleveland page.

Mom's fine. They upgraded our seats from GA to C123, so I didn't get to touch Bono, but I could sit, stretch out, go to the bathroom, see the whole band and whatnot...Of course there were still drunken dancers right on me, and I don't think it's right at all to rock out to 40 but who am I to say ? :huh:

:up: Miroslava

Just had to reply to this thread! Have you ever seen VHS footage of the PopMart South American shows? Your time on stage with B on Saturday reminded me of them. Back then he would have the girl on stage for WOWY sit down and he would kneel down and lie his head in their lap and sing. During the song they would give him a "scalp massage". He seemed to be totally into it. I think you've found another one of his weaknesses. :wink: It must've been as good for you with his longer hair now. :drool: I had a perfect view in my binoculars from my Adam's side slightly behind the stage seat. I have these WOWY moments on a VHS tape. Wish you could see them so you'd know what I'm talking about! He was definately digging you playing with his hair. :combust: So it's OK to come out of your box.

My first post on Interference and I already made a mistake. I wanted to stay in this thread, but ended up in my own (little girl on stage). I'd like to thank Beverly56 and Miroslava for the photos already submitted. I'm also asking anyone else to send me any photos with my daughter Julia in them, since my camera ran out of film right after she got on stage. E-mail address is jephillips@buckeye-express.com. Also would like to say thanks to all the other hardcore U2 fans around me that made the stage thing possible. This would include John, Fake Bono, John's friend- the really tall guy. And a special thanks to the gym teacher from Toronto for giving my other daughter, Alyson the guitar pick since she didn't get on stage. Sorry I forgot some of your names.

tclymer08 said:
Just wondering if anyone has pictures from outside the service entrance when Bono and the Edge came out?? Being the moron I am, I didnt' bring a camera, and I was kinda pissed they wouldn't sign my guitar, but hey at least I met the guys and got my ticket signed...not to mention that was my first U2 show ever and it KICKED ASS!!!!

-Tim

I was next to you up there after Edge signed my hat so I think I have pic of hime signing your ticket. I have a couple decent shots of Edge.

34575%3C8323232%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3236%3E5%3B7%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233386%3A43666nu0mrj

I think he's signing your ticket in this one...

34575%3C8323232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3236%3E5%3B7%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233386%3A4%3A8%3B%3Anu0mrj

A couple crappy ones of Bono...he was moving so fast and people people kept gathering around so it was hard to snap pics of him at all.

34575%3C8323232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3236%3E5%3B7%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233386%3A4794%3Bnu0mrj

34575%3C8323232%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3236%3E5%3B7%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233386%3A4%3A%3B%3B%3Cnu0mrj

It was a great show overall but our section was lame except for us. My last one for 05 at least...kind of hope I can work in an 06 show but we'll see.

Last edited:
Hey I didnt realize little girl's mom was there, awesome! was your other daughter disappointed? That was such a great 1st concert experienc for them. I think I might have another pic I didnt post, will send them to your email.

WHAT A GREAT NIGHT. Miro, I didnt see Catlady and I was disappointed in that! She was up with you? I will post a few more of mine, must save in photobucket first. Im on a vacation day today and supposed to be doing some tile grouting so I will get back here later (GOTTA WORK! HEATER MAN IS A SLAVEDRIVER!)

Yup. Catlady was all the way at the front with us. She was wearing a yellow jacket (as was Beth). I think she was number 10 in line or so...

Enjoy your vacation day :)

Hey Dmalezi, how was your seat? I was looking for you up there but never did see you.

Remember how I was sure something bad was going to happen to me? It almost did! One of the Cinci girls next to me and I went to the bathroom before Institute came on (last trip, you know). When we tried to get back in the ellipse, it seems that my green wrist band was missing, and they were NOT going to let me back in. I didnt know what to do! The other lady (Linda) went and got Ed, I thought perhaps the band had come off in my jacket sleeve when I took it off. I have really skinny wrists and nobody ever puts those things on tightly. Sure enough, Ed found it in my sleeve and saved the day.

Two women behind Ed were flirting with him the whole show, when he told them that he wasnt a big fan and only came because of me, they started calling him my "arm candy". So now Ed has 2 new nicknames, Heater Man and Arm Candy.

My friend & I had a blast at the show. It was her first U2 concert & my 4th. God, the boys were totally "on"!

We ended up about 7 people back from the rail outside of the elipse, smack dab in the center. Awesome, awesome show!

BEVERLY56 said:
WHAT A GREAT NIGHT. Miro, I didnt see Catlady and I was disappointed in that! She was up with you? I will post a few more of mine, must save in photobucket first. Im on a vacation day today and supposed to be doing some tile grouting so I will get back here later (GOTTA WORK! HEATER MAN IS A SLAVEDRIVER!) [/B]

Beverly, can't believe I missed seeing you!! I was in the tent as much as possible b/c it was SO COOOOOLD. I think I am still thawing out. I am so happy you guys got into the Ellipse!!

Miroslava, Beth, Michelle, Casey, April, it was so great to hang with you guys this weekend! I had a blast! Does anyone know my line buddy's screen name b/c if she told me what it was I forgot...

It was an amazing show. Best WOWY ever!

:heart: :heart:

I do not believe Najette is on interference... :(

And Lisa, I was so glad to finally hang out with you (and know who you were!!) :lol:

Hi Beverly56
The seat was great! I had a GREAT view of Larry and his drums especially. I had binoculars and could read the teleprompter! Bono turned around a lot too. We looked for you in the GA line around 4pm. We remember seeing your heater but didn't see you around it. By the time we finished dinner at the Hard Rock it was dark so we didn't look again. I saw you and Ed through my binoculars! You guys were front row in front of Edge. Beside a lady with a green shirt and Santa hat right? It looked like you were having a blast! I was sooo happy for you. At one point during MW I think Bono went right in front of you. I thought for a moment you were going up on stage. Miroslava was so good up there. I had a perfect view from Adam's side. :combust: Thank God you didn't drop your wristband on the way to the bathroom! I'm betting Ed is a Beatles fan. He was singing along to Instant Karma.:wink:

Kariann - what time did Bono & Edge finally arrive? I waited until 5pm but then had to get back to my spot in the GA line.

Miroslava said:
I do not believe Najette is on interference... :(

And Lisa, I was so glad to finally hang out with you (and know who you were!!) :lol:

Oh that's too bad. :(

Same here! I am already planning on organizing my calendar for the next tour so I can be sure to go to as many shows as possible, so we'll get to do it again (later if not sooner!)

:)

Back
Top Bottom