Chicago 2 - A few pictures and notes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
Another great show. I liked last night's better soundwise, but the crowd energy and being in GA tonight definitely made for a better experience.

Tonight, they took full advantage of the screens located between decks at the United Center (used mainly for advertising), as they often synced up lines of colors on them with what was on the ellipse. During Zoo Station, the screens flashed Achtung Baby style images. Also new tonight were colored lights above the entryways to at least the lower seating bowl, they opereated similarly (but were significantly smaller).

I was three people back from the rail, so of course I got some good shots. Some of them need to be photoshopped to bring out the images, though, and I won't get a chance to do that until Wednesday, AND I still have half of Saturday's pictures left to sift through.

Until then, here are some shots from tonight's show.

bono.jpg

bonolapoe.jpg

Loooooooooooooooooovvveeeeeeeeee and peaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

adam.jpg

Adam was almost as active as Saturday night. I tell you, it's a major treat to see him out there more than the Edge.

zoostation2.jpg

This was during Zoo Station, much different from Saturday's images. You can see Bono there at the right.

edge.jpg

adam2.jpg

More Adam. I caught him smiling at a girl in the audience right about the time I snapped this picture. :)

yahweh.jpg

I hate this song, but I love how they do the lineup for it. Too bad Edge was hidden from view.

laura.jpg

This is the girl who got up and played Party Girl. Best looking guitarist that U2's ever had. :wink:

Last edited:
knox said:
zoostation2.jpg

This was during Zoo Station, much different from Saturday's images. You can see Bono there at the right.

WOW. Do you have that in higher resolution? Because that would make a kick-ass wallpaper. :eek:

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:
Wow, those pictures are amazing!

The guitarist is Interference's very own Stories for Boys. :up:

Yes!! The show on the 7th was her first show ever. I knew her from the Cleveland get-togethers and stood next to her at Chicago 1. I FLIPPED when I saw them pull her up at Chicago 2 and was ecstatic that they played Party Girl! It was on my wish list of songs to see performed this year! She messed up a few times, but was very confident and kept on playing...She totally kept her cool, and then she and Bono had a nice long hug afterwards. I was so glad to see her up there, because she's a very nice person. :)

Great pics, great stories. The picture of the bands images in the beaded lights is awesome, especially with Bono on the ellipse as well. That was definitely a first. Glad you captured that moment. Can't wait for the rest!!! :yes:

Last night was :drool: :drool: :drool: They opened with COBL which sounded fantastic. There was tons of confetti falling from above. I was a few people back at the middle outside of the Ellipse - great view. Larry, Bono, and Adam less than 10 ft from me :drool: :drool: Great show - lots of energy :rockon:

:ohmy:

Momma!!

That picture with their faces in the curtains is AWESOME!!

Willie has been adding great little details to the show as the tour progresses!! The new Zoo TV stuff that was added on Saturday made me freak out!! :drool: :drool:

knox said:

laura.jpg

This is the girl who got up and played Party Girl. Best looking guitarist that U2's ever had. :wink:

:ohmy: I think I saw her at the Saturday show. Wasn't she the one writing GA numbers on everyone's wrists???

Thank you for the kick ass wallpaper!!

And congrats to Stories for Boys! :ohmy:

Guess what my new wallpaper is? :wink: Being behind the stage, we missed out on the spectacular curtains of light -- though we got to stare at some mighty fine looking behinds.

Back
Top Bottom