Cardiff last night... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2005, 01:24 AM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 09:17 AM
Cardiff last night...

Oh my god that has to be one of THE best gigs i've been to. The Killers were amazing then U2 topped that by being outstanding. I managed to get into the enclosed area 6 rows from the front of the catwalk, got some good pics of the edge, adam and bono! One, running to a stand still and the 2nd vertigo were my highlight.
What did everyone else think?

Old 06-30-2005, 01:35 AM   #2
War Child

AMAZING gig, from start to finish. for me highlights were I will follow, as every1 went wild. and also i still havent found what im looking for when bono held the mic out to the crowd. and everything from HTDAAB. infact the whole show.

did take over an hour to get out ot carpark after though, and another hour to get to the motorway, the traffic was bad.

still im not complaining, best gig EVER!!

Old 06-30-2005, 04:44 AM   #3
Refugee

i went to manchester twickenham x2 and croke park night 1 and have to say the screen and sound was at its best last night in the enclosed stadium
Old 06-30-2005, 05:10 AM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Can't agree more. This was the 3rd gig I've been to this year (Twick #2, and Croke #1), and this blew them both out of the water. Two great support acts, and U2 on top form made for an amazing night. The roof being closed certainly added to the occasion.

I also think the band loved the stadium too. Bono commented a few times on what an amazing place it is, and they seemed to enjoy ribbing Edge about his Welsh roots too!

Best night ever!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:38 AM   #5
Babyface

can i also add it was my first gig in cardiff, (i'm from southampton) the crowd was probably one of the friendliest i have experienced in all the years i've been to gigs. thank you cardiff xx
Old 06-30-2005, 06:07 AM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 11:17 AM
To the Cardiffs:

What time were you there and which place in G.A did you get?
Old 06-30-2005, 06:17 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:17 PM
That was the best concert I've ever been to. I'll post my review later. Bloody amazing stuff. I was nearly in tears at the start of 'Streets'...I KNEW that would happen, dammit! To be there though, is just amazing!
Old 06-30-2005, 06:19 AM   #8
New Yorker

Aardvark, please report to the front desk-your review is LATE! No TimTams for you for the rest of the week
Old 06-30-2005, 06:22 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Oddly, enough...that's the ONE person I knew was there that night! Haha! What does he look like?
Old 06-30-2005, 06:24 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Cardiff 29/6

Seating. So, you know, no amazing pictures of the band I'm afraid. Just an idea of what it looks like from afar! I actually pitied people in the 'bomb shelter' at times

Old 06-30-2005, 06:28 AM   #11
New Yorker

His picture is in Lemonade Stand, the picture-thread

Speaking of reviews, where's yours?
Old 06-30-2005, 06:40 AM   #12
War Child

Cardiff

I was there last night, U2 were great, and the video screens worked much better in total darkness than in the outdoor shows. Overall though it was my least favourite of the 4 I went to- mind you comparing anything to Croke 1 and 2 is going to be hard.

Some of it is down to the Millenium Stadium being a rubbish venue for a concert- it took 4 hours to do a journey of 70 miles to get there- the same time it took to fly to Dublin- and the endless queues getting back out again. It's all very well building these stadiums but why do we persist in building them in town centres with poor access? I won't be going to any more concerts at this venue

and also because we were right at the back of the GA and ended up in the seats (couldn't see the stage at all), so having been spoilt with 2 shows in the front pit it was always going to be a different experience at the other end of the stadium
Old 06-30-2005, 07:18 AM   #13
Babyface

The concert was incredible, it was my first and it was just amazing! Although, the crowd where i was stood were awqful, people were pushing and shoving, and a fight broke out during the killers. I feel the atmosphere was slightly ruined by the idiots pushing to get to the front, anyone would think we were at a Slipknot concert, not a bloody U2 concert. But apart from that it was an awesome night, which i will remember forever.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:34 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rain Man
The concert was incredible, it was my first and it was just amazing! Although, the crowd where i was stood were awqful, people were pushing and shoving, and a fight broke out during the killers. I feel the atmosphere was slightly ruined by the idiots pushing to get to the front, anyone would think we were at a Slipknot concert, not a bloody U2 concert. But apart from that it was an awesome night, which i will remember forever.
exactly the experience me and UKTan had. Where were you stood?

we were at the tip of Edge's b stage, 2nd row. The problem was that the security guard nearest us was refusing to give out water, and there were Carling people wandering around in the enclosure selling lager! So everyone was drinking crap loads of beer and were really drunk. Compared to the Croke shows, where alchohol wasn't allowed inside the stadium, the atmospher was quite dark and the crowd were quite viscious/annoying. Beer and GA do not mix, imho

But it still rocked. The worst U2 gig is still a crap load better than any other gig at its best
Old 06-30-2005, 09:03 AM   #15
Babyface

I was 3 rows back from the walkway to Edge's B-stage, and the view was fantastic. A few numpties tried to spoil it by attempting to push through, but the odd well-placed elbow and a few Superman-style eye lazers sorted that out.
Starsailor & The Killers were really good.
Check out my pictures in the Tour Photos section.