Cardiff last night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah the Killers were ace, everyone was going mental. Did anyone else think the singer was overcome as he tried to say thanks at th end and everyone was singing their song. They walked past us just as Arcade Fire belted out to go to the enclosure in front of the mixing desk and got mobbed by the crowd.

U2 were very good, but I found the sound a bit muddy in the faster songs, seemed to be echoing off the back wall. As always though they produce, must be the most consistant band live ever. I had two people with me who had never seen them before and didnt know a song or own a U2 record. They came out of curiosity and they loved it and were blown away. Its not just us loonatics who think there ace, it was nice to have impartial comments on them.

As for getting to and from Cardiff I left Birmingham at 2.30PM and walked into the stadium one song into the Killers and got back to Birmingham at 3.20AM. Nothing like being stuck in a traffic jam at 2.00AM on the M4. Did well though last 100 miles in an hour and twenty minutes. Thank you Ferdinand Porsche.

the soul waits said:
Aardvark, please report to the front desk-your review is LATE!

I just wrote a fuckin MASSIVE review of this gig - but then I went to post it and it said I used too many simlies, and when I went back, it had all been wiped.

C:censored:t

Ok - to sum up quickly then, 10/10
Marusha and I had a superb time, the band were on top form. We swapped our seating tickets for GA's, and got right in the Ellipse by the catwalk that Edge and Bono used.

Highlights for me were, Bono stood 4 feet away from me singing Sometimes....:sad:
Adam strolling past smiling and giving me a nod - TWICE!:wink:
And 'The Fly' and 'ABOY' - cos they just ROCKED - and I grabbed the railings and moshed my head off!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Nice to recognise Princey from here and give him a wave too!:wink:

YAY! I'm so glad you swapped those seated tickets!! The shelter rocks, you were on the same spot I was in Brussels, then. It's amazing, no, when you see Edge playing that guitar SO close-by? :)

I'm surprised to hear that Bono was on Edges stage during Sometimes-I thought he always did that on Adams side?

What did you think of LAPOE? I totally fell in love with that song after having heard it live.
And I never would have thought SBS would touch me the way it did, I totally rocked out.

Adam smiling at you :drool:

:wink:

LAPOE rocked...:rockon: Funny looking over and watching Bono hammering away on the drum at the end!:wink:
Yeah Bono was stood in front of me at the start of 'Sometimes', which he also dedicated to someone else, aswell as his dad. I can't recall who now tho...:scratch:

Re: Cardiff 29/6

blahblahblah said:
Seating. So, you know, no amazing pictures of the band I'm afraid. Just an idea of what it looks like from afar! I actually pitied people in the 'bomb shelter' at times :wink:

u2cardiff1.jpg

u2cardiff2.jpg

u2cardiff3.jpg

u2cardiff4.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone who has a decent pic of Bono and I, taken at Cardiff during 'Love And peace Or Else....he knelt down in front of me, took my hand, squeezed it, and sang to me.

You can't miss me if you have one, I'm 6' 5 and had my Croke shirt in my left hand, ring any bells?!

HELP!

I was at the tip of Edge's catwalk, with the tallest guy in the world standing directly in front of me.

Tallest guy in the world - are you here?

that's funny - I had the Tallest Girl in the World in front of me at the tip of edge's b stage.

I swear she must have been about 6'2" and MASSIVE. She kept beckoning Bono over (even when he was miles away on the main stage) and expecting him to come over. Even during Sometimes.... she was there with her big huge wobbly arms, beckoning him over and screaming 'bonoooooooo' whilst franticly waving her Irish flag. I mean, during Sometimes....isn't really the moment to shreak at bono to come over.

Plus, all I could see for a loooooooooong time was her big huge wobbly enormous arms :mad:

Hahaha!

I hate it when people with big huge wobbly arms stand directly in front of me, waving them around and yelling, "Bonoooooooo!".

Having The World's Tallest Man standing directly in front of me sucks, too, especially if he starts pogoing.

I think I've figured out a useful pre-emptive strike against these types of humans: during the opening acts, dance and thrash around as much as you can stand, singing loudly, even if you don't know the lyrics. This will alienate all the oversized freaks, scare away the low-energy bores and attract all the passionate U2 fans.

Or maybe you might get face full of knuckles, take your chances.

Back
Top Bottom