Bumped into Bono in Chicago! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Bumped into Bono in Chicago!

After flying in from Boston for the Tuesday night show, my wife and I were wandering around Michigan Ave. We had just checked into our hotel (The Drake) and noticed a bunch of folks hanging around the entry to one of the neigboring hotels. Sure enough, it was the Hyatt I believe, that was the Chicago home of the band. We waited at the the entrance for about fifteen minutes and sure enough, Bono emerged! He was wearing his green military style cap turned around and his rose colored glasses on. Bono shook hands with a few folks and of course hugged one of the young lasses. We could not get any closer than about 10 feet, but were able to say, "Happy Birthday Bono!" He smiled, waved, then jumped into a black Linclon town car and rode away to the United Center. Adam followed Bono out of the hotel a few minutes later and moved quickly to his limo for the trip to the arena.
My wife and I were really excited that we got that close! It was a really cool experience only a few hours before seeing the boys in concert. Anyone else out there run into the band on the streets of Chcago?

Old 05-12-2005, 07:41 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:35 PM
oh wow that's awesome congrats on seeing them!! the Hyatt was right down the street from me when i was in town for the may 9th show, lol had no idea they were staying there, ohhhh so close

Old 05-13-2005, 04:49 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 05:35 PM
I had heard they stayed there ea time but was not able to hang around there
That's
Old 05-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 11:35 PM
"Bumped into him" or stalked him? just kidding. That's really cool. I'm jealous.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:35 PM
We went up to Saks Fifth Ave on wednesday evening to see the new Edun collection.

I figured the launch party would be during the day, but we got there at 6:45pm and it was starting at 7:00pm. We waited outside and ten minutes later two black SUVs pulled up and Bono, Ali, Jordan(I think) and Rogan Gregory get out. There were only six of us true fans standing there waiting, a couple from on here that are from my home town, how cool. All of a sudden four professional autograph seekers/ebay sellers showed up and ran up and ruined it by shouting at Bono. For a second, I thought he might stop and say hello, but when he saw those idiots he continued on inside.

We went to dinner and then walked past the Park Hyatt, were we met Nicole, who had just met Bono five minutes earlier and had Samson take a picture of her and Bono.

He had pulled up and she was the only one outside, so he gave her a hug, took a picture with her, and signed her HTDAAB book.

You can find her pic in her journal entry under Clarityat3am.

Nicole, you rock girl, way to go.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:04 PM   #6
Babyface

Local Time: 06:35 PM
A friend and I saw Bono and Ali after the Killers show at the Riviera on 5/11. Bono was sitting up in one of the "opera boxes" during the show and waved at everyone after the show ended. I was pretty happy with that, but then as we were leaving we walked around the theater where the stage door was and Bono and Ali were walking out to get into their car. He came over and shook hands with some people (unfortunately I wasn't a chosen one and just got a hello and wave) I was standing on the curb right next to the SUV as it was pulling away...Bono originally was sitting on the other side, but then moved back over to our side and rolled the window down and said goodbye to us. The entire time I was holding my cell phone which has a camera and I didn't even think of taking a picture!!! I just stood there with a big smile on my face.