Brisbane - live and in person (pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

violetfly

The Fly
We were incredibly lucky to be really close and therefore I want to share these pictures with you. It was a fantastic show, I'd say more words but there are no words enough for me to tell you how out of this world awesome the show was. Perhaps some day I'll be able to say it all pseudo-eloquently but it's not the time for that now.

Most marvelously the night turned my significant other into a true blue U2 fan.

Enjoy!

u2_collage1.jpg

u2_collage2.jpg

u2_collage3.jpg

u2_collage4.jpg

u2_collage5.jpg

u2_collage6.jpg

why did you guys get the AFRICA talk-flags and all and we southamericans don't?

we can help too :angry:

anyway, seeing my country flag on the screen really big was great :drool:

in that very last one, i can see my now legendary fly goggles :drool: *wants them back lol*

pepokiss said:
why did you guys get the AFRICA talk-flags and all and we southamericans don't?

we can help too :angry:

anyway, seeing my country flag on the screen really big was great :drool:

Ummm...are the AFRICA talk flags the ones with Africa in red on a green background? Sorry, I'm not up to speed with these things.

I suppose you'd have to ask U2 or the lighting team to answer your question though. :)

violetfly said:

*your* goggles? Please elaborate. :)

mine, because at the end of zoo station i literally gave him my pair of fly goggles, and he put them on over his own sunglasses, wandered back to the main stage and performed the fly wearing them :wink:

and no, he didnt give them back lol

:up: Great pics, thanks for sharing them. Heard from friends that were there that it was a great show. Sorry to hear Bono stole away with your fly glasses. :(

quadcaster said:

mine, because at the end of zoo station i literally gave him my pair of fly goggles, and he put them on over his own sunglasses, wandered back to the main stage and performed the fly wearing them :wink:

and no, he didnt give them back lol

That's fantastic. Thank you for bringing back the Fly. I missed him. ;)

I read your story in the other post. Well done!

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:
:up: Great pics, thanks for sharing them. Heard from friends that were there that it was a great show. Sorry to hear Bono stole away with your fly glasses. :(

It sure was. I still feel like I'm reliving it (it helps to find some audio online).

NYD said:
I hope the NA market gets to see this stadium show, the screens are amazing..

I feel the same way...

I'm tremendously happy that Australia and NZ got to get their shows in, but it appears that the show they're seeing now in stadiums is a lot better than the arenas we got here in the US. Ohhhh well, as long as they can still rock the stadiums there's no reason they won't come back and do them here in NA again. :up:

DontExpect said:

it appears that the show they're seeing now in stadiums is a lot better than the arenas we got here in the US.

I suppose it's a balance between intimacy and huge show. I can't really comment on what's better because the two shows I have seen have both been stadium size. I'd love the opportunity to see an arena one (missed out due to total sell out in the Elevation frenzy).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom