Boy with Bono Seattle 4/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tryan101

Refugee
In God's Country (seriously, Marin County)
My son Jason was the boy pulled up by Bono during SYCMIOYO last night in Seattle (4/25). He is still on cloud 9. Of course this is the one show we don't bring a camera. If anyone has images (or video??) they want to post or email (tryan101@earthlink.net) we would love it. Thanks all.

tryan101 said:
My son Jason was the boy pulled up by Bono during SYCMIOYO last night in Seattle (4/25). He is still on cloud 9. Of course this is the one show we don't bring a camera. If anyone has images (or video??) they want to post or email (tryan101@earthlink.net) we would love it. Thanks all.

I posted a couple in the Seattle 4/25 thread.:wink:

Please congratulate him for me... I was very touched when I read the comments about it, specially about him knowing ALL the words!

5245-2.jpg

You may want to keep an eye on U2tours.com and well as the gallery here at interference.

You may also want to email the person that took this picture to see if he has any more

http://www.u2tours.com/displayfan.src?ID=20050425&XID=5245&Return=

Moving this to the appropriate area too..

^ That's the same one I posted. There's one in the 4/24 thread but I honestly don't know if it is the same child or not.

That's Jason. He was pulled up during the 4-25 show.
That segment was very emotional. My friend, not a big U2 fan, started crying.
Didn't Bono mess up on Jason's name, Tryan?

xtal said:
That's Jason. He was pulled up during the 4-25 show.
That segment was very emotional. My friend, not a big U2 fan, started crying.
Didn't Bono mess up on Jason's name, Tryan?

That was so awesome last night! That was the first time I actually got tears in my eyes at a U2 concert; there was just something about the way he was singing...

Bono did mess up his name! I thought he called him Casey or something?

Big Congrats to Jason!! Lucky guy!

tryan101 said:

That was a great moment :hug: It was so cool to see Jason singing along and that he knew all the words :yes:

You have raised him well :up:

Sorry, I don't think I have pictures though (by that time I had run out of film :reject: ).

BTW, you have very adorable son! And raising him very well! ;-)

Now if all people grew up on U2 music from a very young age... this world would be a much better place.

wow... that is very touching. :heart: i read somewhere that bono was crying during the song when the boy was onstage... :sad:

congratulations to your son- that is something that he will remember for the rest of his life (as will you!).

and i love that he knew all the words and is wearing a U2 t-shirt... :up:

Congratulations, Tryan! Jason and STYCMIOYO was one of the highlights of last night; I teared up, especially at the end when Bono lead Jason onto the stage.

I tried to get some photos but I have an old digital camera and couldn't figure out how to quicken the shutter speed, so they're quite blurry. Still, better than nothing. I'll add them to the Interference gallery in a moment.

Jason's a lucky guy! What an amazing opportunity!

:up: :rockon:

it was so amazing...i'm standing just to the right of Jason in that pic, so we could all see Bono crying...incredibly emotional experience for everyone at the show. Jason knew ALL the words!

I think it suited the song quite perfectly.
A young boy being pulled up and singing with a singer....
Now I know why it brought Bono to tears.

xtal said:
I think it suited the song quite perfectly.
A young boy being pulled up and singing with a singer....
Now I know why it brought Bono to tears.

xtal-- you must be the gal from Anchorage right behind me in the GA line, #28 right? I saw you and your friend (orange shirt) holding hands and jumping up and down from my spot on the left side rail. You guys were having a total blast! Didn't Bono reach down for one of your guys' hands?

My shirt wasn't orange it was kind of an odd orange-deep-reddish colour. But I guess it could pass for orange....

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom